What news source do you trust the most?

Several unbiased fact checking sources have fact checked many of the media outlets. Fox routinely scores particularly low on truthful statements. Analyzing statements for truth, fact check organizations seem to agree that Fox is the most egregious in reporting the truth. The studies have routinely shown that Fox statements are 39% true to half true and 61% mostly false to completely false with the largest group being the completely false. I won't link anything here because some of the statements analyzed are against the rules here. But you can google and see all the statements made by Fox that are blatantly false. They are concrete things that are easily fact checked like meetings, etc.

Everyone should fact check anything they hear on any station, read in the news, or hear from friends or relatives. The studies show that this is particularly true with Fox since 61% of the statements on the station have an element of untruth to it.
Yeah, you have this friend, who has this friend, whose brother heard that FOX lies. How about concrete facts, and nothing like that bogus chart that was posted earlier? Usually, the ones grading the truthfulness have their own agenda. Show me direct instances, and I will show you the same from others.
Sure, there have been missteps by folks at FOX, but just as many at the other networks, though most here won't agree.

I will give the first shot at MSNBC. I was personally watching Keith Olbermann's show (wow, a conservative watching a non conservative network) when he accused the White House of purposely using an experimental drug on the troops, which was known to cause psychotic reactions. This was meant to show that the military were being used to test drugs on, which was false. The drug was Chantix, a quit smoking drug (which was FDA approved).

Yeah, you have this friend, who has this friend, whose brother heard that FOX lies. How about concrete facts, and nothing like that bogus chart that was posted earlier? Usually, the ones grading the truthfulness have their own agenda. Show me direct instances, and I will show you the same from others.
Sure, there have been missteps by folks at FOX, but just as many at the other networks, though most here won't agree.
Unfortunately, specific examples of concrete facts they lied about, of which there are a ton, cannot be linked here because most are political in nature. And again, these are not opinions that someone says are lies. They are lies about concrete, provable information.

Google "Fox News Lies" for a complete selection of the doozies.

Unfortunately, specific examples of concrete facts they lied about, of which there are a ton, cannot be linked here because most are political in nature. And again, these are not opinions that someone says are lies. They are lies about concrete, provable information.

Google "Fox News Lies" for a complete selection of the doozies.
You can do the same for the other networks.

Without anymore info, I can agree that there may be isolated incidents like this. Although, I am skeptical to believe that this may be an oversimplification of what occurred. But to me, that’s the problem that too many ppl take an isolated incident that they have heard about as an excuse to discount any research that doesn’t fit their belief system.
But when someone comes up with an example and their told it’s an isolated occurrence, how do we know? I know of this instance involving so called experts in their field first hand, it therefore gives me a reason to question other so called experts and even a little more likely to believe others whenever they claim such instances.
It is a simplification of the matter. I was one of the commercial fishermen that objected, it was basically done for profit. The better ground was an additional 6-8 miles farther. The people in charge wanted to keep the trips as short as possible so that it would get done faster. Even some of the boat captains wanted the shorter trips due to it being a quicker/easier payday. The experts should have objected, they did not, whether they knew better or not, I have no idea. They said it would work because that is what the people in charge (aka the people paying them) wanted to hear.

It has been admitted that an employee at CNN provided one of the debaters with the questions in advance.
I can't understand the lack of outrage on that.

Last edited:
I will give the first shot at MSNBC. I was personally watching Keith Olbermann's show (wow, a conservative watching a non conservative network) when he accused the White House of purposely using an experimental drug on the troops, which was known to cause psychotic reactions. This was meant to show that the military were being used to test drugs on, which was false. The drug was Chantix, a quit smoking drug (which was FDA approved).
Olbermann hasn't been on MSNBC for over 7 years.

Yes, they all lie. Which is why I mentioned above you should fact check every thing you hear or read.

But Fox rules in having over 60% of their reporting untrue.
Again, this figure most likely comes from a reporting agency with an agenda. I do watch the various networks, and come to my own conclusions, but I believe more that I see on FOX than the other networks.
If they are inaccurate over 60% of the time, doesn't common sense make you believe that they would not be taken seriously by anyone?

It has been admitted that an employee at CNN provided one of the debaters with the questions in advance.
and....? that doesn't erase the lies Fox tells

Donna Brazile was fired when CNN became aware that the Wikileaks emails seemed to indicate that Brazile forwarded information about questions to Clinton prior to a March 6, 2016 primary debate between Clinton and Bernie Sanders and a similar March 13 town hall.

CNN admits it, fired Brazile.

Fox tries to push this off as the whole major presidential debates were tainted when in reality it was a single primary debate and town hall between two democratic candidates. Scores a mostly false by omission of pertinent facts.

Last edited:
Again, this figure most likely comes from a reporting agency with an agenda. I do watch the various networks, and come to my own conclusions, but I believe more that I see on FOX than the other networks.
If they are inaccurate over 60% of the time, doesn't common sense make you believe that they would not be taken seriously by anyone?
They aren't by most. Entertainment often has a large viewership.

Reactions: Iya
Several unbiased fact checking sources have fact checked many of the media outlets. Fox routinely scores particularly low on truthful statements. Analyzing statements for truth, fact check organizations seem to agree that Fox is the most egregious in reporting the truth. The studies have routinely shown that Fox statements are 39% true to half true and 61% mostly false to completely false with the largest group being the completely false. I won't link anything here because some of the statements analyzed are against the rules here. But you can google and see all the statements made by Fox that are blatantly false. They are concrete things that are easily fact checked like meetings, etc.

Everyone should fact check anything they hear on any station, read in the news, or hear from friends or relatives. The studies show that this is particularly true with Fox since 61% of the statements on the station have an element of untruth to it.

Of course MSNBC scores similar numbers to Fox and even CNN gets a 22% "mostly false" rating.

And I think this is the place we find ourselves in - where the so-called "best" sources are bending the truth (or worse) 1 out of every 5 opportunities. And that's absolutely deplorable because even the "best" sources lie so often, there really isn't anyone that be classified as "trustworthy".

And this is where I feel Fox has provided a valuable service - not by providing the "other" voice, and certainly not for cleaning up the industry. No, what they have done is expose just how bad the press had fallen even before they came onto the scene, even if they seem Hell-bent on doing all those same things X2.

Brian Williams has a show on MSNBC.
So?

MSNBC scores a 45% on the untruth score card. Another reminder to do your own fact checking. Brian Williams probably makes up a big part of that 45%.

As mentioned above, CNN scores a 22% on partly false to completely false reporting.

But only FOX is more than half their reporting is false.

Last edited:
They aren't by most. Entertainment often has a large viewership.
Again, an opinion stated. Fox News has a higher rating than MSNBC or CNN.
And by the way, it is called Fox News.
And a common argument is, well MSNBC and CNN are left leaning, so they share an audience. But these same people will in another argument state that these networks have no agenda.

So?

MSNBC scores a 45% on the untruth score card. Brian Williams probably makes up a big part of that.

As mentioned above, CNN scores a 22% on partly false to completely false reporting.

But only FOX is more than half their reporting is false.
Again, you are wrong. No believable poll reports that Fox is reporting falsely more than the other networks.

Again, an opinion stated. Fox News has a higher rating than MSNBC or CNN.
And by the way, it is called Fox News.
And a common argument is, well MSNBC and CNN are left leaning, so they share an audience. But these same people will in another argument state that these networks have no agenda.
The pendulum is starting to swing the other way,
Fox News is dropping and MSNBC is surging in ratings.
From the first quarter of 2017 to the first quarter of 2018, Fox dropped 16% in viewership. MSNBC had a 30% gain during the same time frame per Nielsen. That is a 46% swing. Fox still holds the #1 position, but MSNBC is 2nd and closing quickly. Fox continues to drop while MSNBC continues to gain momentum.

Last edited:
In June, several reporters were forced to resign at CNN for false reporting on a story that was aired on the network.
See, I am giving actual provable incidents by these other networks, and am getting back "Fox lies".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter