What "One" thing keeps bringing you back

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
To the place you vacation often ? We all have several reasons, but the main one ?

For most here it is Disney but for me its Vegas, and its the lights, when I was 12 we spent a night in Vegas on the way to LA, the lights got me, they still got me. The lights had me at hello :p

New York City...our whole family can find something to see and do and everyone is happy...plus you can get a freshly made taco at 4 am

Puerto Rico...it has everything we’re looking for in a vacation: the beach, great food, great scenery and nature, great nightlife and the people are friendly!

Southern California, especially L.A. The weather, the food, the entirely different surroundings just miles apart. I grew up in L.A. so I will always have a soft spot in my heart for Cali.

To the place you vacation often ? We all have several reasons, but the main one ?

For most here it is Disney but for me its Vegas, and its the lights, when I was 12 we spent a night in Vegas on the way to LA, the lights got me, they still got me. The lights had me at hello :p
When I was a kid I’d see those lights as we approached and knew we were home. They still have my heart and I get that same feeling I did when I was a kid.

Disneyland even though it’s changed over the years at its core is still the same place my dad visited, the same place I visited and now where I take my kids. There’s a connection there and I love that it’s okay to be a big ol kid there.

San Diego is a close runner up. I just love the chill vibe there.

For me it's Crescent Lake in Oregon, but really just about any high mountain lake is great. I grew up going here as kid and have taken my family back too.
crecentlk9.jpg

Upper Peninsula of Michigan - the freighters at the Soo, Taquamenon Falls, Whitefish Point, the scenery and the big lakes, the slower pace of living.

Disneyworld - family fun, our favorite resort, the characters and favorite rides.

Mackinaw Island - riding bikes around the island, the horses, fudge, our favorite restaurants.

Cruising - the different ships, ports to explore, relaxing, the entertainment.

Smoky Mountains - the National Park, beautiful scenery and hiking, renting log cabins, the restaurants, peace and quiet, relaxing.

I thought you were going to say to the DIS, Jason! :rotfl:

For me, upper Michigan.....the scenery!

Caribbean/cruising on RCL. We are beach/water people and the Caribbean has some of best.

I can't say just Disney but that area because we love Universal just as much as Disney. WDW has ambience and fond memories but USF/IOA has roller coasters.

I'm with @Meriweather . Our go-to isn't a specific place, it's cruising. We are, at heart, tourists not travelers, and everything about the ease and comfort of cruising suits us. We took a land vacation this past Spring and visited 4 different cities in a week. We found schlepping from place to place and hotel to hotel, planning (and paying OOP) for meals and activities to be a real drag. We've also tried an AI in the past and while it had certain elements of a cruise, we hated being confined to one location. All-in-all, cruising checks all the boxes for us.

Disney World is special for so many reasons, growing up on vacations there, extended family and then my wedding and my own family growing up there.

Durango, CO is a favorite. Quiet, cool even in summer. Great restaurants and beautiful outdoors places to relax.

Pacific City, OR is another favorite. Beer and fish and chips at Pelican Pub = relaxing at this wonderful spot on the Oregon coast.

Oregon Coast. It’s reasonably priced for a weekend getaway.

Lake Tahoe again in the off season reasonably priced for a week.

Vegas. Family. Although we’re not going to return for awhile because last visit wasn’t good. External family drama.

We enjoyed WDW due to the ease of it.

I vacation to Tokyo often, but wow, "one" thing is VERY difficult. Probably that there's always something new and incredible there, every time I visit?

...or that the customer service is on a whole other level of exemplary

...or that the food, even at convenience stores, is SO MUCH better than we have here in the U.S.

...or that the scenery is remarkable

...or that high technology and convenience is almost to ludicrous proportions, where a train stop is every few blocks, trains are always exactly on time and there's vending machines EVERYWHERE

..or the friendly people who help you and are kind, even if you don't speak the same language

...or that they have the most spectacular Disney park in the world

yeah, I give up...can't think of just ONE!!

The whole Orlando tourist trap as it's a 3 hour drive for me and it's a fun thing to do.

But when I want real relaxation vacation, I go 3 hours the other way to Key West. As soon as I starting hitting those lower Keys, my entire mindset changes and it's now become island time. Just sitting by the water watching a sunset or rise (which is awesome to see both the same day) and never needing to be anywhere at any particular time while wandering paradise does it for me.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter