What was the first character meal you ever attended?

‘Ohana breakfast 1999. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, & Goofy in Poly attire. It was wonderful— delicious, great service, & terrific character interaction.

Chef Mickeys back in 2003. Kids were 10, 7, and 2. Food was OK, but the character interaction was quite good.

Crystal Palace Breakfast with my sister in 1999. We loved it, and when we went with our Dad in 2004, we did it again (3 adults) and had a great time.

Papeete Bay Verandah (now 'Ohana's) 1986 with all my aunts, uncles, and cousins, 19 of us total. One of my favorite memories of my life.

I also remember the Empress Lily! While not technically a character breakfast, I have very fond childhood memories of breakfast on the patio at whatever Tony's Town Square was called then - I think Town Square Café? The patio was open to Main Street/the town square and in those days the characters just appeared randomly. So I remember jumping up in the middle of breakfast and sprinting off to meet various characters. Didn’t need a photo, just wanted to “meet” them. Not great table manners but such good memories.

First trip as an adult with our older two kids in 2004 we ate dinner at Garden Grill, breakfast at Cinderella Royal Table and dinner at Crystal Palace but can’t remember which was first.

Crystal Palace, 20+ years ago. It was late lunch and I was sweaty and exhausted, past even being hangry. I thought it would be a lovely calm lunch based on how beautiful the building was, but oh no, the place was vibrating with noise from excited over stimulated kids running a muck. I sat down and went into a trance and when Pooh came by I just sat there and starred at him... he patted me on the head and gave me a hug.

I think Tusker House breakfast in 2015. Tusker House remains my favorite character breakfast. I don't remember ever doing a character meal as a kid when we did a day trip every few years when visiting my grandparents in FL.

Chef Mickey's and it was a special trip for our daughter coming off a serious illness. I do not remember the food being bad but even if it was, her excitement made the food a non factor.

Chef Mickeys, December 2010. Not that long ago I know but we've been to loads since. Sadly next time we go my nephew will be 14 so I think our character meal days are over.

I have vague memories of being at LTT, seeing characters, and seeing them never come to our table. I remember my dad remarking that it was probably some experience you had to pay extra to get. IDK...this was AGES ago. So, since we never had any characters come to our table, I'm going to have to fast forward to our kids' first trip in 2010 and say that Chef Mickey's dinner was my first character meal.

Chef Mickeys, 2016. I was one of those foolish park noobs who thought "it's so popular, it must be good" and nabbed a last minute reservation there when it popped up on my phone the night before. It was ghastly. If we hadn't had a wonderful experience at Akershus the next night I might have given up on character dining altogether!

‘Ohana breakfast 1999. Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, & Goofy in Poly attire. It was wonderful— delicious, great service, & terrific character interaction.

Was just about to post that our first meal on the first night of our first trip to Disney with our kids was Chef Mickey's, when I saw this and remembered that we also did this brft in 2004 when we visited friends in FL. Kids were 4 and 1, so did Sea World, but didn't want to spend $$$ on WDW yet since they wouldn't remember, but figured we'd do a resort character meal. Had totally forgotten about it, and are not Lilo and Stitch fans so have never been back. However, did CP as first brft on that first official trip to see my and it is a must-do for all of us every trip - great food, location, and bouncing with Tigger!:tigger: DS even surprised me by asked for it as one of his ADRs w/friends on Senior Trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter