What was the most beautiful view you have ever seen ?

Outside of Salzburg we stayed at a hotel on a lake surrounded by mountains. At dinner one night we were in their restaurant at dinner and watched the sunset over the lake. The color of the lake, the color of the sky, the sun dipping behind the mountain, the moon rising over the mountains, the reflection on the water. It was a sight I will never forget as long as I live. We were supposed to go to a Mozart concert that night. We could not leave our table it was so mesmerizing so we skipped the concert and just sat there for three hours enjoying the beauty.

I am another vote for the Tetons. Just looking at them takes my breath away.

There was a famous photo of the Snake River by Ansel Adams.

749px-Adams_The_Tetons_and_the_Snake_River.jpg

The Aurora Borealis from our cruise ship in Alaska. A truly spectacular sight that I feel lucky to have experienced firsthand, as photos can’t fully capture its stunning beauty.

The view going north on I-75 in Kentucky, just before the Ohio River when the View of Cincinnati and the hills come into view. And of course the Grand Canyon too is a favorite.

This is a really great question:

(1) Driving through the Swiss Alps...it was amazing to see those snow capped mountains all around us.
(2) The fiery, bubbling caldera at midnight at Volcanoes National Park.
(3) The Great Ocean Highway in Australia.
(4) The best one...sitting on a boat on a mountain lake in the Adirondack Mountains (in the areas that are Forever Wild)....it's like stepping back into a world that humans haven't yet touched. Beautiful!

The sunset from the top of Mauna Kea on the Big Island. We were above the clouds and it was really amazing.
Bryce Canyon.
Grand Canyon
NYC Skyline

There are so many for so many different reasons. But, my screensaver is a picture I took from our hotel balcony in the Bahamas. The color of the ocean was unreal.

While maybe not the most beautiful, definitely the most poignant. My mom left my brothers and I enough money when she died for us to consider a cruise together. She had always wished to go on one herself.

On our first port of call, I woke early in the am opened the curtains to an amazing view of my first tropical island. I believe it was St. Barts... sigh. :love:

Last edited:
Watching the sunset over the Gulf every night during one of our trips to Sanibel/Captiva. The gorgeous colors and that final second where your breath seems to catch in your throat when the sun seems to plunge into the ocean will stay with me forever.

A gorgeous blonde (who shall remain nameless) in a brand new gun metal gray RX-7 on a cool clear night with the moon roof out at 2:00 am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter