What's your Oldest Theme Park Souvenier?

kmk1180

"Today's a good day to Win a Trip to Disney World.
Mine is a tiki mug from the Poly we got back in 1978.
It was from the cafe that is now known at Kona Cafe (have no idea what it was called then) It was from a fruity drink (or maybe ice cream dessert?) we ordered from there.
It's about 6" tall big wide mouth, frosty colored glass.
Hold's my spare change now.
Every time I look at it, I think of our trip when I was kid.

Mine is the plastic cup that the OJ was in from our first character breakfast at the Poly. It has all the characters on it. My kids have all used it too! It's from my first trip there, in 1984

Mine WAS (until 2 weeks ago) a glass mug (12 or 16 oz) with Minnie Mouse etched on one side, my name on the other. The family I babysat for weekly gave it to me for Christmas 1981. It was my tea mug.

Was. 2 weeks ago I was bringing a bunch of stuff in from the dining room and put another glass in it to help carry things to the kitchen -- glass got stuck and broke the mug.

:sad: I went online to see if I could get a new one in WDW when we go in December -- it doesn't look like they make the larger size ones anymore, but I'll have to look when we go. Sigh.

I've got a ceramic Big Al piggy bank that my folks bought me on either my first or second trip to WDW. It would have been either 1978 or 1980. Still have it, and DD now uses it to keep her Disney money in.

Mine is an American Flag with the stars that make up the original 13 colonies in a circle. I got it on my first vacation there in 1982 from the Magic Kingdom. It was in my window for a long time, now it's in a box in the garage. The kids take it out once in awhile when it's windy and let it flutter in the air, lol.

When we were kids, slides were still the thing. You weren't allowed to take flash photos on many of the rides (and people even actually OBEYED basic directions back then...:sad2:) So Disney sold strips of profesionally taken photo slides of the attractions that you could buy. My parents still have some of the Haunted Mansion from the early 70's.

I think I also still have a stuffed Marie from when I was a kid somewhere. But maybe that is gone. I've got abox of stuff in my basement that came from my parent's shosue. I also have one of the PotC guns they sold when we were kids. It was my brother's; not sure how I got it. The cork pellet bag that came with it is long gone.

I also have a few non-WDW souvies from FLA from the early 70's. Dolls I collected.

My mom had a 'mini' palm tree that just died a few years ago that also dated back to the 70's. I'm pretty sure it came from WDW, but maybe it was from somewhere else in FLA. It lived aLONG life. It was kind of spindly looking for years, and about 7-8 feet tall! It eventually broke one day, maybe when it fell over.

We have a set of EPCOT coasters we purchased in early November 1982 (a month after the park first opened). They contain artist renditions of EPCOT attractions because merchandise with actual photos wasn't yet available.

Mine is a one-day admission ticket with Walt Disney Worlds 15th Anniversary printed on it and a sunvisor (also 15th anniversary) that says "I'm a Winner" on it. During the anniversary celebration every 15 seconds there was a winner going through the entrance gate, I won two days in a row! I never used the ticket so it is still one piece (its a paper ticket from back in the day!)

Mine won't compare to many of the lifelong Disney fans that post here, but I love it nonetheless - a 25th birthday celebration backpack that I bought on my very first Disney trip, back in the year of the Pepto pink cakestle. It has been my parks bag for all our trips since then.

I have my mouse ears and a clear plastic hinged box that lemon drops came in from my first DL trip in 1972, and a Winnie the Pooh plush from my first WDW trip in 1978.

I have a nice collection of vintage nodders from the 60s. Going from memory, I think I have the WDW Mickey, DL Mickey, WDW Donald (my favorite), WDW Goofy, green base Mickey, and green base Pluto. Sad I can't actually remember which ones, guess I do have a problem with my bobblehead collection, haha. I'll try to post a picture later tonight.

I also have 2 of those Tiki mugs/glasses from drinks at the Poly on our honeymoon in October 1977. I still have Chip and Dale stuffed animals from that trip....They are GIANT compared to what is sold now!

I remember the cakestle; what a horror :scared:
The paint started flaking off at the end of the 'celebration' and it looked even worse!

Mine is a stuffed Dumbo...dating from a 1975 trip to DL
Still remember that trip well...Dumbo and my sister's Pluto were almost as big as we were (pluto especially)..so much so that pluto had to ride in an extra seat on the plane.

I have the Totally Minnie Doll from the 80s. It was from my first trip to DL in July of 86.

I have the Music from the Parks cassette from 1978 (orange with a book that includes all the words from the songs and pictures of attractions). My kids listened to it before our first trip. We bought the CD on that trip and it is already skipping. However, the cassette still plays like new and includes my favorite song (MainStreet Electrical Parade). Brings back lots of good memories of my first childhood visit at 5 years old. Taking my kids now is really awesome.

we have a set of the tiki glasses too!

i found some pennants one is orange-ish with epcot and figment and the other has snow white.

my mom has a bird of paradise she got at the disney village in the early 80's. it's still going and is huge.

we have a lot of our disney stuff from our trips in the early 80's.

We've got a commemorative glass plate from the opening day at WDW. It was a gift from a family friend.

Short of that, my mom has a 15th anniversary pin from DL (she gave it to me when I started collecting).

I have two knick-knacks that I got in Germany at Epcot from 1983.

I found an old Mickey Head magnet in my mom's things. We went to WDW in 1971, the first Christmas it was open. It had to be from MK, it was the only park open then.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter