What's your Oldest Theme Park Souvenier?

I was bought a Mickey Mouse 45record player when my dad found out my mom was pregnant with me. 1961 I still have it and it is in almost perfect condition, I guess my love of everything Disney started early,huh?:mickeyjum

Well, since my first trip to WDW was in 2003, the stuff I got from there isn't very old. But I do have a 1985 guidemap from Disneyland, my first trip there at 4 years of age. Sometimes I look through it and I'm still AMAZED at how much has changed since then.

I have quite a few Disneyland objects from the 80s that I treasure. A Small World music box my grandma bought me, since when I was little it was the only ride I liked. My grandma liked it too so we would ride it together over and over while the rest of the family did other things. I also have some plastic posable character figures that are from the 80s, but I swear they look like they came from the 60s! It's weird. Also a very small stuffed Minnie Mouse plush my mom bought for me one year. My parents didn't have much extra money to be spending on souvenirs, so when they bought me something it was pretty special. I was over the moon when my mom finally bought me this Minnie, the smallest one they had. On some other trip, my mom bought some Minnie earrings as a ploy to convince me to get my ears pierced! It worked. ;) I was a huge Minnie Mouse fan when I was little.

I should gather all of my stuff and take a picture of it. I would LOVE to see some pics of other stuff mentioned here!

1964 wall map of DL

1965 Disney News volume 1 number 1

Mine is the plastic cup that the OJ was in from our first character breakfast at the Poly. It has all the characters on it. My kids have all used it too! It's from my first trip there, in 1984

White, with the characters, and with black type? If so, I have the SAME ONE! I was 4 in '84. Met Chip & Dale. Dale is the best.

Mine is a one-day admission ticket with Walt Disney Worlds 15th Anniversary printed on it and a sunvisor (also 15th anniversary) that says "I'm a Winner" on it. During the anniversary celebration every 15 seconds there was a winner going through the entrance gate, I won two days in a row! I never used the ticket so it is still one piece (its a paper ticket from back in the day!)

You can still use that ticket for admission. No joke. Go to Guest Relations. They'll exchange it for new ticket media, and who knows, maybe they'll void it and let you keep the original! :wizard:

You can still use that ticket for admission. No joke. Go to Guest Relations. They'll exchange it for new ticket media, and who knows, maybe they'll void it and let you keep the original! :wizard:

I never thought of that! I'll be there in a few weeks; I should drop in and ask! I do want to hang on to the original - sentimental value and all! FYI: The hat (at last check) still had working flashing lights; just needs a new 9V!

My parents went before I was born so we have a few things from that.

The Magic Kingdom souvenir book.

My brother and my dad both got tall white mugs, sort of like the kind they serve irish coffees in, with their names and the old castle logo on them. If I was around for those mugs, they still wouldn't have had mine or my moms name.

VIP "pin" (but there are adhesive strips to be pulled off) from our first visit, 1977...25 Years of Disney.

Bobbi:goodvibes

I have quite a few things still from my first trip in 1974:

Two souvenier books, one is the D-shaped one with the cutout about building the park and one is a general one about the park as it was then.
An old ticket book and information guide: GAF was the film sponsor then!
Slides of course as my dad wasn't with us and he was the photographer of the family ;)
View master reels of Adventureland, Liberty Square, Frontierland and Fantasyland.
A Mickey mouse charm, and I think I've still got one of the Mickey earrings somewhere.

I know I also bought a floppy sun hat with Mickey on it but that's been lost. And recently I found part of Big Al. He was in a pop out book to make your own 3D country bears, as someone said, they were huge back then!

After that I didn't get to go back for a looooong time, but when I did, in '97 I got a TOT T-shirt and it's still good! I also got the 25 year anniversary Litho and stick on badge. Don't know where the Litho is but I've still got the badge!

Mine is a bumper sticker from WDW when we went in 1973. I gave one to my uncle, and I kept one. I forgot I had it until about three (3) years ago. I was looking through some boxes and found it. If have some other stuff from around that time, but it didn't come from the park itself.

I have a Goofy hat that I got when I was 3 (1983). It's the one that has his 'mouth' for the brim, with 2 teeth hanging down. There's only 1 tooth left, but I still have the hat!

The only things I have left from my first visit in 1976 are two silver charms. One is a cutout of the castle and the other is a round charm with the monorail on it. We found them in my dad's jewelry box after he passed away. My minnie doll wearing a bright red polka dot dress has long since disintegrated and my Donald Duck hat with the squeaking bill as the brim is MIA.

Oldest things I have from WDW is from my first trip back in 1988 (coming up on the 21 year anniversary next week): One is a magnet with just Cinderella Castle and Spaceship Earth and the other is an ornament of Minni in a winter outfit holding a gift.

I have a few Frontierland pins-they used to give them out for gifts during the big parkwide celebrations.

I have a Mickey and Minnie from DL 1974. Their clothes are removable and they are about 12" tall. :lovestruc

we have a Christmas ornament from the Poly from 1982 which we hang on the tree each year. Just so happens, we put our tree up last night, and put that ornament on the tree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter