What's your Oldest Theme Park Souvenier?

Mine is a tiki mug from the Poly we got back in 1978.
It was from the cafe that is now known at Kona Cafe (have no idea what it was called then) It was from a fruity drink (or maybe ice cream dessert?) we ordered from there.
It's about 6" tall big wide mouth, frosty colored glass.
Hold's my spare change now.
Every time I look at it, I think of our trip when I was kid.

That's an easy one for me....spring break 1972....I forgot my camera so I bought slides at the MK. I also still have the silver little Mickey Mouse bracelet and a Mickey Mouse watch that I bought on that trip ,too.

Mine isn't a souvie we bought, it's about a minute of 8 mm film I've had converted to tape of Disneyland in 1964 that has about 5 seconds of Walt. He stepped out of Main Street Cinema right in front of us. This is something I cherish.

I've got a ceramic Big Al piggy bank that my folks bought me on either my first or second trip to WDW. It would have been either 1978 or 1980. Still have it, and DD now uses it to keep her Disney money in.

I have the same one!!! Too funny. I thought it was from earlier. It was always on the shelf at my parents' house til they downsized. Now it is in our Disney bathroom.

I've got a ceramic Big Al piggy bank that my folks bought me on either my first or second trip to WDW. It would have been either 1978 or 1980. Still have it, and DD now uses it to keep her Disney money in.

I remember those. Back then Big Al was HUGE. His stuff was all over Frontierland.

Alot of cool stuff from the past.
It's neat to hear what people saved over time

Makes me wish they had a store with this kind of stuff in DTD.
I'd love to walk around and see that old stuff. Depending on the how much it's worth now, I'd probably pick up something every trip.

I have a Mary Poppins had with my name stitched on the back, like they do on the mickey ears now. It was from my first trip to the MK, in 1973.

Mine is actually from DL. I have an original cericel (sp) from Peter Pan of Nanna being dragged out of the nursery. It has the original info sticker on the back.

Does anyone have pictures of the Old School souvenirs? :surfweb:

I had a big floppy denim hat with Mickey on it but I think it might have gotten lost in our last move. It was from the 70s. I still have a beach towel from River Country though :cool1:

My mom has my Mickey ears. She also has a plastic Mickey cup where his ears are the lid. I'm not sure how old those are, but I'm 34. :)

I have a ticket booklet with a few tickets left from 1972 (or was it 1974).

(Don't know if the Disney World Lunchbox counts...I bought it at a flea market, but, it's VERY old)

My oldest Disney souvenir is a large stuffed Tigger purchased in 1973 or 1978 (It's all getting a little fuzzy these days- I think it was the first trip but its was sooooo loooong ago:upsidedow) :upsidedow

Ohh, ohhh, ohh I also have a Haunted mansion soundtrack album that was from my first trip -- I didn't purchase it though. It was originally my sister's!

I have my mouse ears and a clear plastic hinged box that lemon drops came in from my first DL trip in 1972, and a Winnie the Pooh plush from my first WDW trip in 1978.

Ooohhh! I remember those plastic boxes of candy they used to sell! I loved those, I got one every trip, I think I used to get red hots or tart and tinys in mine. I bet I still have one of those boxes around in my basement somewhere...

I also have a collection of pens. I got one every trip. They are ball point pens with something inside that moves up and down when you tip the pen up.

Mine is a one-day admission ticket with Walt Disney Worlds 15th Anniversary printed on it and a sunvisor (also 15th anniversary) that says "I'm a Winner" on it. During the anniversary celebration every 15 seconds there was a winner going through the entrance gate, I won two days in a row! I never used the ticket so it is still one piece (its a paper ticket from back in the day!)

Soo funny !! I won a free admission ticket back in 87 as well! I was 10 years old, and figured out the 'timing' of the buzzer that sounded when you entered the turnstyle. I remember counting, and stalling slightly, then the CM told me to move along..cause he knew what I was doing... Well, I planned it just right, the bells and whistles went off...and I went off to get my gift. Which turned out to be a Free Park Admission Ticket :yay: I don't have mine anymore though, I cashed it in the next year :wizard:

Then to the OP -- We have that same frosty Poly mug from the early 80s. Love it! It was from my parent's pina colodas ... Tangora Terrace, perhaps???

As for my old school keepsakes ........all from the 80s.

It's a Small World jewelry box
Snow White & Seven Dwarfs plastic set
All my porcelain figurines --- Cinderella, Snow White, etc....
Sterling Silver Magic Kingdom Necklace
and countless others I still hang onto !

When I went back in the mid 70's, I got a musket and Indian spear from the shop next to POTC!

I have a Donald Duck and Pluto stuffed animal that use to belong to my grandmother. My aunt got it for her when she went before I was born... 30 years ago.

I still have my Figment plush. I think I got it March 1986. It holds very special memories because he was/is my favorite character. The first year I took my girls I had to buy each of them a Figment.
I also think I still have my invisible dog from the Haunted Mansion. Man did I think I was the coolest walking that dog around the Magic Kingdom. :lmao:

I have a round container (its in the shape of an orange) with a straw, from when I was 7,(I am 45 now) It origionally had orange juice in it and I actually remember dancing with the orangebird (?) from a drink stand right next to the tikiroom. I too have pics of my bro with this odd orangebird.(it was a full costumed character)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter