What's your splurges for your next trip? VIP service

Christmas party is a splurge for us, too. There are 5 of us......ouch!! We have APs for the first time, so it somehow seems a "waste" because we could be in a park on our passes for no extra $, but I've been disappointed every Thanksgiving we visit and there are no Christmas party dates for the week. So...we're finally going to get to go!!
We have APs too, so, yes, I agree about a bit of a “waste.”

We are doing the DVC Fireworks Cruise on Halloween night for myself and my parents. We have done it once before and it is the perfect way to see the fireworks without the crowd!

Same here - but we are going to try the MNSSHP. Since we will be staying at the Swan, that will be our only MK "day" on that trip. I figure we will do some EP FP in the AM and then MNSSHP in the afternoon.
I like the parade at MNSSHP and HallowWishes! Have a great time!(Trick or Treating is so much fun, too)

I like the parade at MNSSHP and HallowWishes! Have a great time!
Thanks! We are super excited - putting together a last minute trip because of the extra access at TS land for AP holders, it will be our first time to TS land, our first F&W, and now our first ticketed Disney event as well. Kids are finally old enough and the timing worked out perfectly.

It’s gotten to point where, since I now find myself with lots of free time, I prefer to put the $ we’d spend on sources to another bonus trip lol

Can’t imagine forgoing the parties tho. Doing 2 mnsshp & a mvmcp

we are kicking around 7 to 8 hous VIP service. Will purchase using discounted gift cards. The ultimate VIP tour X 4 is $1200 so for double we can pick rides. Thinking going to whatever park we choose for am, use our FPs have lunch then go with them for the reminder of the day.
To afford this: I'm thinking stay in one bedroom instead of two. Could buy cheaper lesser day Disney tickets needed. We would do water park day before and after, we have tons of non expiring water park tickets left.

Where do you buy discounted gift cards?

Our two splurges for our January trip:
Mama Melrose Fantasmic Dinner Package
HEA Dessert Party

A dessert party is about the biggest splurge we’re willing to do!

Ms Minnie well now I have to watch for deals.
Target can still get 5%. BJ discount is now gone.
We have a new Meijers so can buy $50 cards get $5 in free groceries rewards.
Kroger using fuel points when it X 4 points. Then I trade my gas savings to gift card.

Our upcoming trip is a 3 generation trip -- my in laws offered to pay for one day of the VIP tour, but for $3000+ I could not live with myself if we spend that much money on one day and oddly enough we felt that we would be missing some of the magic by skipping all the lines- weird i know! So we opted for a little splurge of a HEA dessert party.

We have been during some really busy times and would have loved to skip lines, but it's true that sometimes the que is better than the ride itself!!! So, I agree about missing some of the magic!

I almost forgot we're doing the Star Wars dessert party. Another splurge I suppose, but we've done it before! I'd like to try one of the other dessert parties sometime.

We are going to enjoy the holidays at the end of November and for this trip we have a few splurges -- California Grill, Candlelight Processional dinner package, Frozen Dessert party and I have HEA after party booked but not sure if we are going to keep, but seeing it is already booked and paid for I guess we will rough it.

We are going to enjoy the holidays at the end of November and for this trip we have a few splurges -- California Grill, Candlelight Processional dinner package, Frozen Dessert party and I have HEA after party booked but not sure if we are going to keep, but seeing it is already booked and paid for I guess we will rough it.

Are you going over Thanksgiving? We will be there then ... so far we have our usual TS dinners booked, including California Grill, and a bunch of character meals (including CRT) just before DD2 turns 3. We are looking forward to seeing the holiday decorations too. And it will be my MIL's first time EVER to WDW. She's 82 and recently widowed.

Ms Minnie well now I have to watch for deals.
Target can still get 5%. BJ discount is now gone.
We have a new Meijers so can buy $50 cards get $5 in free groceries rewards.
Kroger using fuel points when it X 4 points. Then I trade my gas savings to gift card.

BJ's sells a $500 Disney gift card for $484.99, a savings of 3%. I saw a limited number available in my local BJ's last week.

Are you going over Thanksgiving?
We will be arriving on the 27th until the 1st - so a short trip, but for our 5DD it will be the first time for her to see the holidays there (and only her second trip). I totally forgot that we did snag a CRT for dinner -- it makes it a little more affordable when you don't have 2 other disney adults (our 12 yo twin boys) dining as well. I think that is why I kind of went all out with more expensive meals and parties.

We will be arriving on the 27th until the 1st - so a short trip, but for our 5DD it will be the first time for her to see the holidays there (and only her second trip). I totally forgot that we did snag a CRT for dinner -- it makes it a little more affordable when you don't have 2 other disney adults (our 12 yo twin boys) dining as well. I think that is why I kind of went all out with more expensive meals and parties.
Ah! We will just miss you. Are you not taking your twin boys this time? Arguably, as Disney adults, you could get your money's worth out of them at the AYCE buffets! Our toddler eats more than her 7yo sister, so we are doing lots of AYCE buffets with her before she turns 3. Hehe.

This is sort of our last big trip we have planned, so we've got a few splurges.

-Fantasmic VIP viewing. I know a lot of people say it's not worth it, but we thoroughly enjoyed the food and drinks and not having to worry about showing up 45 mins ahead of show time
-MNSSHP
-Character Couture for me, haircut for DH at Ivy Trellis
-Dinner at V&A

Are you not taking your twin boys this time?
No they are not going this time it is during school and they have already been twice for the holidays. So this trip will be all about our princess. That is why CRT makes sense this trip. They have been troupers with the character meals but i think are getting a little old for it.

:rotfl: We were finally able to book Dining with an Imagineer at HBD for this July - we're calling THAT a big splurge (since there are no discounts available for it). :rotfl: With DS still in college and entertaining the idea of grad school we have to pick & choose what we do for splurges...so that's about as special as it's gonna get for us for a long time!!
Oh, yes-the 4-6 year vow of poverty! :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter