What's your splurges for your next trip? VIP service

yeahdisney

DIS Veteran
we are kicking around 7 to 8 hous VIP service. Will purchase using discounted gift cards. The ultimate VIP tour X 4 is $1200 so for double we can pick rides. Thinking going to whatever park we choose for am, use our FPs have lunch then go with them for the reminder of the day.
To afford this: I'm thinking stay in one bedroom instead of two. Could buy cheaper lesser day Disney tickets needed. We would do water park day before and after, we have tons of non expiring water park tickets left.

I thought the Ultimate VIP tour was a seven hour tour.

The ultimate tour is 7 hours long with 10 rides they have already picked. The other tour is per hour for a CM and you pick the rides and you must pay for at least 7 hours. Today I called March 2018 is $500 an hour, hmmm that might break our idea.

We did the other tour in Jan. Splash was down for refubishment, Pirates was down while we were in MK and rocking roll was down for medical emergency while we were in that park. They picked 3 other rides to do. We rode buzz for pirates, 7 DMT twice for splash refubishment. And tower of terror twice since rocking roll coaster was down and they threw in star tours for the Star Wars hype.

Do you mean the Ultimate Day of Thrills tour? We did that in June and loved it!

Or next trip isn’t for a while, but last trip we finally did V&As. It was fantastic, and was comparable in price to your tour except we got to sit in a cozy dining room while people pampered us, brought us delicious foods and exquisite wines. I think definitely better than running around in the heat and paying someone to take us on rides we have already been on.

My kids are now 16 and 20, we will be doing V&A for the first time after so many trips. It is pretty pricey and I sure hope it is as good as what people have been saying!!

V&A is amazing! We've done the main dining room and Queen Victoria's Room and both were incredible. The main dining room has the harpist, but the experience in Queen Victoria's Room was particularly special. It was nice when they used to take TiW. We have a 2 year old now so it'll be quite a while before we can make our way back there. Our splurges in the foreseeable future are going to be kid-oriented (maybe the Pirates League). On an upcoming trip we'll be doing a family photo session with a professional photographer, so I suppose that's a splurge!

:rotfl: We were finally able to book Dining with an Imagineer at HBD for this July - we're calling THAT a big splurge (since there are no discounts available for it). :rotfl: With DS still in college and entertaining the idea of grad school we have to pick & choose what we do for splurges...so that's about as special as it's gonna get for us for a long time!!

I did not realize there are 2 rooms for V&A. Going back to check to see what I booked. What is the difference?

I did not realize there are 2 rooms for V&A. Going back to check to see what I booked. What is the difference?

There's also a third option (Chef's Table) that we have not done, which is a table in an area by the kitchen and the chef comes out to explain the courses and tailor the menu to your preferences. Queen Victoria's Room is a private dining room that only has 4 tables with a 10-course menu (I believe the Chef's Table is also a 10-course menu), compared to the 7-course menu in the main dining room. The service was fantastic, but it also costs a bit more (can't remember how much). TBH, the 7-course menu is already a ton of food but we did really enjoy doing Queen Victoria's Room once. It might be fun to do the Chef's Table at some point but that one seems hardest to book and I think it is pricier as well.

Now I am confused. Do they ask you if you want 7 or 10course before you get to the restaurant to decide where you are seated? What if some want 7 while others want 10? Thanks

Now I am confused. Do they ask you if you want 7 or 10course before you get to the restaurant to decide where you are seated? What if some want 7 while others want 10? Thanks

There are separate bookings for the main dining room, Queen Victoria's Room, and the Chef's Table. So if your reservation says Victoria & Albert's without anything after it, then it is for the main dining room with the 7 course menu. Everyone at your table will get the same menu with the same number of courses, but there will also be choices you can make for several of them.

My kids are now 16 and 20, we will be doing V&A for the first time after so many trips. It is pretty pricey and I sure hope it is as good as what people have been saying!!
I’m a picky eater and LOVED everything! I even ate things that I don’t like and they were delicious. Looking forward to going again in the future.

Our trip is sort of a splurge in terms of the food - we are starting at Blue Zoo, CG Brunch, and then end with a V&A dinner. We always do a dinner at CG, this will be our first time trying the brunch, but I have the feeling once we get through V&A, that will trump all the other dinners...

It is so easy to fall into a pattern, there are still so many restaurants we have not tried, but every time we look at them, we end up going to the ones we have been going to....

In between, I probably will stop at Fresh Market for some stuff. HHI's location had excellent Beef Wellington and many different kinds of premade dishes, hopefully the Orlando one is just as good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter