What's your splurges for your next trip? VIP service

Victoria & Alberts, riding the Amphicar, the Marceline to the Magic Kingdom tour, and Early Morning Magic. And splurging on a Boardwalk view at BWV!

Our next trip is in September and we are staying 3 nights at PVB and 3 nights at VFG and 3 nights at BRV (waitlisted for 3 nights at BLT instead of BRV). My husband will celebrate a birthday while we are there and I am celebrating my retirement. We are hoping for a reservation at California Grill to celebrate DH's birthday and maybe either Tiffins or Jiko one night too. I think if I'm ever going for a shorter trip and it's just DH and I, then we will try V&A. Some day will also do the Key to the Kingdom Tour.

Our splurge is 10 days in a 1 bedroom at VWL for our 30th wedding anniversary. I might also order a custom cake for our dinner at Artist Point.

Sounds exactly like what we did for our 30th anniversary. Artist Point treated us VERY well, from personalized menus, complimentary champagne toast, "amuse bouche" (which up until that time I'd only heard about on Food Network, so I was thrilled), and a welcome from the manager. Hope you have a great time!
Our splurge for our next trip will probably be lunch with the animal keeper at Sanaa. I've done it before and love it. I also love the Wanyama Safari, but it'll probably be a while before I can "splurge" that much again.

Our trip in May is for my 30th birthday so we’re going all out on dining reservations. The day-of were doing CRT for breakfast, afternoon tea at the Grand for lunch, and then Restaurant Marrakesh for dinner. We’ll also be doing Ohana later in the week and a few other stops. We’re staying at the Grand for the full week, but that’s only a splurge of our points :goodvibes

Also hoping my husband will surprise me with a custom cake - I sent him plenty of ideas for one :rotfl2:

Our 50th Anniversary is in June, and in September we have an OV Grand Villa in Aulani for a week. There will be 7 of us.

On our next trip, in May, we’ve rented a cabin for 1 night and we will be with one other couple. Bev and I have been friends since kindergarten, that was in 1952!

Our upcoming trip is a 3 generation trip -- my in laws offered to pay for one day of the VIP tour, but for $3000+ I could not live with myself if we spend that much money on one day and oddly enough we felt that we would be missing some of the magic by skipping all the lines- weird i know! So we opted for a little splurge of a HEA dessert party.

Our window opens soon. So the regular VIP ultimate thrill ride tour goes up July 1 to $349 a person. Last day of our trip the the VIP personal guide is $425 a hour. Still kicking it a round. 10 peeps can go. Might see if more family might like to come.

ARDs couldn't get CRT for new year eve. Did pick the plaza. Could not get Be our guest lunch the rest of the week. Got it once for dec 31 lunch.

Could not get kidani standard view at 7 month window could get/got savanna view. And changed from studio to one bedroom first three days of trip, in case DD boyfriend can join us, from the service. Ooi the points for that holiday up charge.

and I like the looks of blue zoo. All breakfasts are normally in room, we prob will pop up to Boma once.

I'm taking my girls for our first "Mother/Daughter" trip this October. I have been able to save up quite a bit of "free" money in gift cards from reward programs and I donate plasma to earn extra "fun" money.

So far, I've "splurged" on the following...
...we've extended our trip from 5 nights to 7...
...I upgraded our flight to Orlando from main cabin to Comfort Plus on Delta (flying home on SWA so no upgrades there)...
...MNSSHP, which was MY choice, the girls are 13 and 15 and they think they are too old for that silliness, but they want the candy::yes::...
...Splitsville Member Night...
...Dinner at BOG...
...Cat 1 seats at HDDR (in almost 20 trips, I can't believe we've NEVER done this!)...
...Parisian Luncheon event at the F&W festival...

That's it for now. I'm hoping that we will be able to "splurge" on a few more things that may come up on a whim, like maybe room service or a special souvenir.

Taking our little entourage of college students to BLT for 4 days before the 3 of them head back! 1st day, splurging on a morning fishing excursion (Bass fishing) , The Wave for dinner and ending at TOTW for drinks, chocolate cake and fireworks! 2nd day, parks! 3rd day, splurging on parasailing (DS’s request) 4th day parks. Drinks and Dinner at Tiffins!

Taking DD and her DF for 12 nights in 2 bed villa. The splurge scale is varied. For us, it is these:
9 day Park Hoppers for them plus our PAPs
Getaway Glen
MNSSHP
HDDR
3 services at Mandara
Kennedy Space Center
TS at least once a day

It is real $$$$$.

FP day is 55 hours away. Can't wait.

I added two missions at the escape room they had a day that you could purchase missions 25% off.
We added Minnie holiday party for dec 30 to take a break from the crowd.
I did book a tour for our last day.

Taking my son for a ride in an Aqua Car for his birthday next week. Also bringing extended family with us for the week.

Last edited:
We checked them out in Dec and thought they were much nicer than the Bungalows.
We think so too! Definitely a Cabin rather than a bungalow for us. However, I would be interested in a bungalow for fireworks viewing, so I will not say “never.”

Splurge? I booked a Christmas Party. Tickets are expensive!

Last edited:
We think so too! Definitely a Cabin rather than a bungalow for us. However, I would be interested in a bungalow for fireworks viewing, so I will not say “never.”

Love this - Not a "we booked the Castle at 16K/night PLUS 10 VIPS tours - with Disney Floral every day and the DDX and V & A for 3 nights (OOP of course! with wine pairings). We have 2 dessert parties a day and Fireworks cruises and private meet and greets, a Bippity appt. and and and. We rented out MK but still hoping to surprise our 6 mos old with extra pixie dust - you only turn 6 months once - Any ideas???"

Christmas party is a splurge for us, too. There are 5 of us......ouch!! We have APs for the first time, so it somehow seems a "waste" because we could be in a park on our passes for no extra $, but I've been disappointed every Thanksgiving we visit and there are no Christmas party dates for the week. So...we're finally going to get to go!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter