When do you guys think WDW DVC RESORTS will be open (not nec. parks)?

I think DVC will be opened by July 1, but maybe June 23. It gives them 2 weeks to get up and started after hopefully, an announcement this week.

I would absolutely agree that when they set a date, it will be no sooner than 2 weeks after they announce. Calling back staff, supply chain, and similar all need to be in place. Lots of gloves and masks for the CMs per union agreement.

It wouldn't shock me if supply chain relative to the union agreement isn't a hold up.

Seems like we should have information tomorrow. Mayor said today WDW will be presenting virtually as well as SeaWorld,

I think you are as WDW runs both parks and resorts, I will blow a gasket if it doesn’t give us information as owners for the resorts!
Some are saying on the other board we might not hear about resorts tomorrow since they are separate from what the task force does.

UO still hasn’t given details about their resorts.

Some are saying on the other board we might not hear about resorts tomorrow since they are separate from what the task force does.

My understanding is that the hotels at a Universal are not run by them but independent companies...where Disney runs all of their resorts.

ETA: I just checked and I can book a room starting June 5th at Hard Rock Universal,,,nothing before and wide open many other dates after.

The big problem with opening the resorts is that transportation will need to be addressed also. Not sure how they social distance everybody in buses, boats and monorail (especially in the morning!). Then again, they're going to have to figure out how to get guests from the TTC to MK once they open MK...

Does anybody know what UO is doing?

The suspense is killing me. I'd love to just be given a date already! Even if it's "not before..."

My understanding is that the hotels at a Universal are not run by them but independent companies...where Disney runs all of their resorts.

ETA: I just checked and I can book a room starting June 5th at Hard Rock Universal,,,nothing before and wide open many other dates after.

You may be able to book a room, but there has been no guarantee or anything said by Universal or Loews (who manages the hotels) if they will actually be open or anything about the perks that hotels guests get. In fact, the early entry given to hotel guests has been removed from the calendars. You could book a WDW hotel for June 1st not too long ago too. I have been watching this closely, since we have an upcoming trip. I think they are up in the air like WDW; however, I could see Universal opening their parks with the hotels closed. it would make their security/health check area much easier to deal with and cut down on transportation concerns.

I believe this is because hotels are already allowed to be open. The task force doesn't need to review anything having to do with hotels, because they aren't restricted. So, they won't be discussed tomorrow. Though they will probably be part of Disney's re-opening announcement, At least I hope so.

Reactions: cm8
just noticed June 1st and 2nd availability appears to have been blocked at OKW and SSR

The optimist in me says maybe that means a 6/3 DVC opening, The pessimist says this is just DVC catching up with week ahead rolling cancellations

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter