When do you guys think WDW DVC RESORTS will be open (not nec. parks)?

Dont know if this means anything but we had a waitlist come through for HH 7/4-7/9 studio last pm. I also saw more types of rooms available at Vero Beach too. I have been a stalking the site a lot. There has not been much of any movement at either resort the past month or so. Hope it is a sign of good things to come for all us DVCer's!!!!

OK I have now noticed that in addition to OKW and SSR , VB and HH also show no availability on 6/1 and 6/2. All the other resorts have some

Going way out on a limb (really WAG) here but partial DVC open 6/3 OKW, SSR, VB and HH

Not sure. I am still hoping of July 1st...but they will have to update us and I think today. If not, I’ll be calling!

So Middle of June trip you think definitely out of the question even if parks not open? DO i pull the trigger now and cancel my reservation?

Following, hoping for June 1st, I am predicting resorts will follow parks opening, if not, pool capacity will be a zoo..no prayer for social distancing at pools if resorts open before parks

So Middle of June trip you think definitely out of the question even if parks not open? DO i pull the trigger now and cancel my reservation?

I think middle of June is highly unlikely right now because they aren't yet calling resort staff back. Until we hear that this is happening, which starts what I'd expect to be about a 10-day timer on reopen, it's still on hold.

June 1 is a hard no, because again: Have to have staff called back, have to get the plumbing moving and housekeeping done, have to have PPE for staff. Not happening in 4 days.

I think middle of June is highly unlikely right now because they aren't yet calling resort staff back. Until we hear that this is happening, which starts what I'd expect to be about a 10-day timer on reopen, it's still on hold.

June 1 is a hard no, because again: Have to have staff called back, have to get the plumbing moving and housekeeping done, have to have PPE for staff. Not happening in 4 days.

I have Riviera June 15-20. Obviously this is dead now. Can't get through to Member Svcs, and am just wondering if keeping the Riv reservation to see if they will accommodate a rebook to July 15 or later is worth doing? They have all the unsold point inventory there, I am an owner there...and they need people to get rid of points. Seem like they would have incentive to accommodate owners. I can't book a second trip without letting go of the points on the first. Any advice?

Keeping in mind this is a first world problem, we're seriously peeved. Reservation at HHI for 14 June. We're fine with doing backup VRBO plan, but we can't do that not knowing if HHI will open. We can't book VRBO and cancel this late without losing all your money, and we don't want to plop down $2K if HHI will open by then. We are good either way, but we need more information. Just determine what you want to do and tell us Disney--we can take bad news much easier than no news at all.

I have Riviera June 15-20. Obviously this is dead now. Can't get through to Member Svcs, and am just wondering if keeping the Riv reservation to see if they will accommodate a rebook to July 15 or later is worth doing? They have all the unsold point inventory there, I am an owner there...and they need people to get rid of points. Seem like they would have incentive to accommodate owners. I can't book a second trip without letting go of the points on the first. Any advice?

It will be interesting to see if they declare more RIV to absorb the points.

We still haven’t had a confirmed date for resorts...but I don’t think it will be before July 1st...I just changed my trip a week to get there July 10th as I imagine they will open at least a few days before the parks.

I will be extremely upset to not get an email or update today from DVC with this announcement because it’s public now, so the plans can be shared.

If you have points, I’d book what you can. Even if declared, they won’t give RIV owners priority as we are well within the 7 month window,

I remain convinced that part of their timeline and delay is attempts to get sufficient PPE for CMs. There is a relatively low number of CMs in Disney employ (as opposed to third party) at DS right now, which means they could work from a small supply. Parks and resorts is exponential.

I am betting that beyond the production run they have going for the ShopDisney masks, they have a line running CM supply masks. That requires production and import. Even if they go with air freight vs. container, which I think they have to in this case, the timeline fits to get sufficient supply and have it on the ground for distribution and use by Cast.

I remain convinced that part of their timeline and delay is attempts to get sufficient PPE for CMs.

I'm sure that's a factor. Though I would also argue that their legal obligation to provide accommodations to owners should place DVC near the top of that list.

Specific to the parks, I would speculate that a large portion of the delay relates to new IT requirements. Disney faces a huge challenge to figure out how to dole-out theme park admission to passholders, hotel guests and off-site guests. I would speculate that they are holding enough hotel and DVC reservations to eat up a chunk of the theme park capacity...if not all of it. What steps are they going to take to ensure that someone paying $800 per night for their hotel room still has reasonable access to the parks? What if someone bought an 8 day ticket and can only get into the parks 6 days due to capacity restrictions? What about people who bought MYW passes with waterpark add-ons? Assuming the ADR and FP+ systems were accepting reservations to normal levels, how do you adjust for lower capacity? What changes will they make to monorail, bus and boat travel to avoid overcrowding?

Just so many issues impacting the theme parks.

Keeping in mind this is a first world problem, we're seriously peeved. Reservation at HHI for 14 June. We're fine with doing backup VRBO plan, but we can't do that not knowing if HHI will open. We can't book VRBO and cancel this late without losing all your money, and we don't want to plop down $2K if HHI will open by then. We are good either way, but we need more information. Just determine what you want to do and tell us Disney--we can take bad news much easier than no news at all.

Yes, nothing worse than not knowing! I hope they do supply the answers so many need ASAP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter