Where are the summer promo's?

Jenny412

Mouseketeer
Disney has removed the "Sun and Fun" offer that was originally running through September and now it ends May 27th. We are coming the first week of June and I don't see any specials at all. Wondering if they will release anything new for the summer months before Star Wars opens. Any thoughts?

I was thinking the same thing. My brother in law wanted to upgrade his room at ASM to BCV where we're staying but without the discount it's another 350 dollars!

Come and gone...
RO and FD were offered for July/August/September and booking dates ended.
Not sure if any more discounts will be released.

Come and gone...
RO and FD were offered for July/August/September and booking dates ended.
Not sure if any more discounts will be released.
This is incorrect. When the sun and fun offer first was released it was offered for stays between 4/28/19-9/30/19 and was bookable until 5/27/19. It was just recently changed.

This is incorrect. When the sun and fun offer first was released it was offered for stays between 4/28/19-9/30/19 and was bookable until 5/27/19. It was just recently changed.

You are right. They changed it with the announcement of SWGE opening announcement. I know this because I have a reservation for opening weekend with that discount. I’m paying rack rate for the portion of my trip beyond the 30th. I read about the announcement and went straight to the website and booked. My first choice was the YC, but I looked at one other resort first and poof! it was gone when I went to book it. I grabbed BWI at the discount, but within hours the offer was removed.

I’ll be surprised if we see any discounts for that time frame, but I’m a little surprised not see anything for between now and SWGE opening.

I also booked the sun and fun to see the last show of Illuminations, but I booked that back in a Feb. Glad I did as it would seem there may not be any fall offers.

Last edited:

We are going in early/mid Aug and also baffled by the lack of summer discounts. We were waiting until now to book because the summer promo was supposed to extend later but then Disney pulled it early. Why?? Makes no sense. Plenty of resort availability and SWGE not open yet.

I would be surprised if they didn't offer something else to lure people to the resorts before SWGE. Summers have not been as crowded in recent years, we haven't seen any indication of that changing this June/July. Maybe they pulled it so they can offer something more specific the timeframe. :confused3

I think we are out of luck for the fall, but I expect a new summer offer in the next few weeks... You know, the timeframe we would usually see the fall free dining offer that has like zero chance of happening now. :sad:

I would expect discounts to be released this week or next since people need to book their Fast passes 60 days out. If your planning on the first week of July your fast past window is May 1.

I would expect discounts to be released this week or next since people need to book their Fast passes 60 days out. If your planning on the first week of July your fast past window is May 1.

2018 Discounts and Codes
Stay dates
Type of Discount Became Available / Expired

2/18/18-6/10/18 10%-20% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package) 1/3/18, exp 4/7/18, 5/12/18
4/15/18-6/10/18 15%-25% off room-only rates for Annual Passholders (also bookable as AP package) 2/17/18, exp 6/10/18
4/15/18-6/24/18 21%-31% off room-only rates for Florida Residents (also bookable as package) 2/27/18, exp 6/24/18
5/29/18-8/25/18 discounted package (Summer Meal) with free Quick Service meal per person per night 1/3/18, exp 2/11/18
6/11/18-8/30/18 discounted package (Incredibly Delicious) with free kids dining 3/21/18, exp 8/1/18
6/11/18-8/1/18 10%-25% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package through 8/30/18) 3/21/18, exp 8/1/18
6/11/18-8/30/18 20%-30% off room-only rates for Annual Passholders (also bookable as AP package) 4/10/18?, exp 8/30/18
6/25/18-8/30/18 20%-36% off room-only rates for Florida Residents (also bookable as package) 4/17/18, exp 8/30/18
7/18/18-8/11/18 37% off room-only rates for Art Of Animation Suite only for Disney Visa cardholders (also bookable as package) 5/29/18, exp 8/11/18

The above is from the Mousesavers site. I only copy/pasted the dates for early to late summer. If you look and see....the majority of those discounts came out in March and April of 2018. The latest one hit on May 29th. I would think if Disney was doing any more summer discounts they would have been released already. It's April 16th and nothing has happened. :sad1: I mean even FL residents look like they are out of luck as our discount last year for late summer came out on 4/17. AP holders saw it on 4/10. Now Disney could very well just blow everyone away and release those codes later in May, but I'm thinking why would they wait when there are plenty of rooms out there to book and guests are waiting?

2018 Discounts and Codes
Stay dates
Type of Discount Became Available / Expired

2/18/18-6/10/18 10%-20% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package) 1/3/18, exp 4/7/18, 5/12/18
4/15/18-6/10/18 15%-25% off room-only rates for Annual Passholders (also bookable as AP package) 2/17/18, exp 6/10/18
4/15/18-6/24/18 21%-31% off room-only rates for Florida Residents (also bookable as package) 2/27/18, exp 6/24/18
5/29/18-8/25/18 discounted package (Summer Meal) with free Quick Service meal per person per night 1/3/18, exp 2/11/18
6/11/18-8/30/18 discounted package (Incredibly Delicious) with free kids dining 3/21/18, exp 8/1/18
6/11/18-8/1/18 10%-25% off room-only rates for general public (also bookable as package through 8/30/18) 3/21/18, exp 8/1/18
6/11/18-8/30/18 20%-30% off room-only rates for Annual Passholders (also bookable as AP package) 4/10/18?, exp 8/30/18
6/25/18-8/30/18 20%-36% off room-only rates for Florida Residents (also bookable as package) 4/17/18, exp 8/30/18
7/18/18-8/11/18 37% off room-only rates for Art Of Animation Suite only for Disney Visa cardholders (also bookable as package) 5/29/18, exp 8/11/18

The above is from the Mousesavers site. I only copy/pasted the dates for early to late summer. If you look and see....the majority of those discounts came out in March and April of 2018. The latest one hit on May 29th. I would think if Disney was doing any more summer discounts they would have been released already. It's April 16th and nothing has happened. :sad1: I mean even FL residents look like they are out of luck as our discount last year for late summer came out on 4/17. AP holders saw it on 4/10. Now Disney could very well just blow everyone away and release those codes later in May, but I'm thinking why would they wait when there are plenty of rooms out there to book and guests are waiting?
I really thought they would be out this week. I’ll probably keep my reservation in June since I have to have my pto request in by 4/22. I wanted to change my reservation to stay in the new tower at CSR.

I really thought they would be out this week. I’ll probably keep my reservation in June since I have to have my pto request in by 4/22. I wanted to change my reservation to stay in the new tower at CSR.

I thought the new tower at CSR was opening July 9? I also thought we’d see a discount this week.

The current offer goes through April 27. We should see something new around then.

But that's not typically how Disney does it. They don't wait for an offer to expire to release more. I know that LONG before the spring FL resident promo ended, the one came out for the FL Sun & Fun discount. They stagger them, which is a great thing to do instead of waiting till one ends to release another. Now I know SWGE changed everything and you could very well be right. I hope so for all of you who are waiting for one to hit! Just feel pretty darn lucky to be a resident and had a promotion that they didn't change at the last moment.

Last edited:
I thought the new tower at CSR was opening July 9? I also thought we’d see a discount this week.
It does, but there's no discounts in July. I have a really good annual passholder discount in June a split between CSR and YC. I would love to go in July and stay in the new Club level rooms. I have to get my vacation request in by next week so I'm kind of in pickle. I was original booked in a CSR club level room on the Sun and Fun for August, but August turned into a no-go. I honestly didn't realize the Sun and Fun ended so soon. I kind of waffled on picking a new date. I waffled past March 24. OOPS! I just booked the passholder rates in June last week. I guess I'm lucky their was still some available rooms.

Oh, I see. Well I hope they open up a deal that works for you soon, but if not enjoy your June CSR/YC split! It sounds lovely :lovestruc

I am looking for late August (before SWGE) but nothing. No idea why they wouldn’t have any discounts for the summer. If I don’t see anything by end of Month May hVe to book offsie

This is incorrect. Below is the information that was released on January 2nd for the Sun & Fun offer. You will see that there was a booking period for the summer dates.

• Save up to 30%* for stays most nights May 28-Sept. 30, 2019. Book through March 24, 2019.
  • Save up to 25%* for stays most nights April 28-May 27, 2019. Book through May 27, 2019.

It's all so intriguing. What is Disney doing? I would assume they want to try to pull people in this summer -- I guess we shall see.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter