Which attraction for first ever ride?

TheMagicDivision

Earning My Ears
At 26 years old I’ll be going to DisneyWorld for the first time ever. Not considering wait times what attraction in the Magic Kingdom would you pick as your first ever Disney ride?

Ooh that's a good question. I first went in 1979 when I was 10 years old, and I'm going to ask my mum what my first ride was as you've got me thinking!

Now our first ride in MK is always 7DMT

Wow, this was a harder question than I thought it would be, once I put some thought into it! For your first ever MK ride I could see where a classic like Dumbo or teacups would be fun, but then again at age 26 you’ve probably already been on something similar somewhere else. Pirates and Haunted Mansion are both very solid choices, but I am hoping you are rope-dropping MK (that way you can catch the welcome show Let the Magic Begin!) and idk, my preference wouldn’t be to do Pirates or HM before 10am... I need to be fully awake to fully appreciate them! Macabre at 8am just isn’t my scene, although don’t get me wrong,
I adore both rides. I was going to say Splash Mountain, which is our first ride at MK most days, but we actually bring flip-flops to wear on Splash and then change back into sneakers after. The risk of soggy socks is too great, especially if it’s the first ride of the day. You should definitely ride Splash, it’s my favorite ride in all of MK, but I do recommend bringing flip flops or spare socks if you can.

Which means that my recommendation for first ever Disney ride is... Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! It’s perfect, the coaster part is great but it’s also a dark ride which is really unique. And it’s kind of fitting since Snow White was the first Disney movie, now this can be your first Disney ride! Congrats on your trip, I hope you have an amazing time!!!

I would choose Prince Charming Regal Carrousel. It is a beautiful classic ride with classic Disney music. It’s behind the castle, right smack in the middle of Fantasyland and you can take in the ambiance as you go around. I also feel like people need to shed some of their “adultness” to enjoy WDW and a kiddie ride like this might help with that. My second choice would be Dumbo.

I like the idea of starting in Fantasyland. Get an early breakfast at BOG, then do SDMT followed by Peter Pan. If not Fantasyland, start in Tomorrowland and ride Space Mountain followed by the People Mover. Have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter