Which attraction for first ever ride?

Haunted Mansion if you want classic fun, Space Mountain if you want a “thrill” ride.
Would avoid Seven Dwarfs as it’s beautiful but also feels about 12 seconds long and could be rather disappointing for a first ride ever.
Have fun, and say hi to Mickey for us! :earsboy:

My first trip I was 35 years old and not too fussed about being there.
We did no preparation at all!
Didn’t know forums like this existed
Didn’t even know Walt Disney world had hotels/resorts
Totally green!!

It was purely by chance our first ride was pirates.. but was definitely the right choice.

incidentally; we took a newbie last year
I thought the peoplemover would be a great first ride-however it is now known as the people stopper -as we stopped & started many times.
therefore it was memorable to dsgf .. but for the wrong reasons !!

Peter Pan is how we start every trip! But Haunted Mansion is my absolute favorite of the “classics”. So one of those would be my vote 😃

I would say it greatly depends on what time of day you arrive and if you have more than one Magic Kingdom day. I would say the carousel (or you may never bother with it) or Dumbo if you’re arriving mid or late day and will have another day. I also like the thought of Peter Pan or Small World. I’d save the headliners for later, at rope drop or with FastPass. Although Dumbo is much more magical at night!!

Haunted Mansion or Pirates! Classic experiences - all ages love them.

Second tier for me - Small World, Peter Pan, Space Mountain, Dumbo.

I PERSONALLY think that Space Mountain needs to be re-done with all new track and technology. It's too rough. The darkness, track layout, speed, and setting still all work - but it jerks you around in painful ways now.

first rides I remember going on when I first went at age 7 were carrousel, small world, dreamflight (Now closed), teacups. I second it's a small world

Splash mountain, then Big Thunder, then Haunted Mansion. You should be able to do all of those at rope drop without too much wait and no need for fastpasses. Those are three of the better rides at MK, with Splash Mountain our favorite.

My first reaction was Small World - totally classic!

But I like the suggestions for Peter Pan or Pirates as well.

I'm not a big Haunted Mansion fan, and we tend to do Splash Mtn. during a hotter part of the day (though that would actually work if you're heading to MK later on your arrival day or something.)

This makes sense too:
Which means that my recommendation for first ever Disney ride is... Seven Dwarfs Mine Train! It’s perfect, the coaster part is great but it’s also a dark ride which is really unique. And it’s kind of fitting since Snow White was the first Disney movie, now this can be your first Disney ride! Congrats on your trip, I hope you have an amazing time!!!
I don't think it's anything special as a coaster, but I love the interactive queue and the dark ride sets are really good. It would definitely put you in a Disney mood.

I PERSONALLY think that Space Mountain needs to be re-done with all new track and technology. It's too rough. The darkness, track layout, speed, and setting still all work - but it jerks you around in painful ways now.
I agree with this. I enjoy the theming, but not the ride itself.

My suggestion is to get to MK early, stroll down Main Street, walk through shops, watch opening ceremonies. (It always makes me cry) and go to fantasy land. I would start out with 7DMT and Peter Pan, hop over to Its a small world, the carousel, Pooh, Dumbo and philharmagic but have FP+ for the 3 mountains (splash, thunder, and space) . Fit HM, pirates and Jungle cruise in during the day somewhere, and make sure to catch the parade at night. I know this is way more than just 1st ride advice (I got excited and carried away) this was an awesome question though. My first trip as an adult with 3 little kids in tow was Alien encounter (1999 and not there anymore) and had issues getting then DD6 to ride anything else for at least 48 hours because it was WAY too scary.

I remember mine at WDW, day two of my CP program. It was Kali River Rapids at AK. I didn’t choose it, I was along for the experience.

I would say for your first MK ride, I would say most magic for your buck would be Dumbo, Carousel, or Teacups.....in the middle of the magic, and perfect "I'm HERE" moment....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter