Which attraction for first ever ride?

My first Disney ride, as an adult about your age, was the teacups. I loved it. What I didn't do, sadly, was listen to my husband who said he got sick on rides. I spun him like a top. And he barfed...in the trash can, on the 200000 leagues ride, and on the bus ride back to the resort! All I can say is choose wisely!

I know you said not counting wait times, but when we start a trip, we usually try to get in a ride as quickly as possible. It just starts the experience even if it’s not an iconic ride. And there’s really not a bad ride in the place. Absolutely iconic for me is Peter Pan, but it’s always going to have a long line.

It's a Small World
I am Small World fan. It's not too scary, it's not too intense, the theming is great, and it is a semi-classic. It is one of the 4 rides that Disney designed for the 1964-5 Worlds Fair in NYC, and while there have been updates, the spirit is exactly the same as when it debuted.

I agree with the majority here. Definitely one of the 2 classics, either Haunted Mansion or Space Mtn.

Both perfectly capture the essence of Imagineering and timeless magic.

My husband had never been to a Disney park. I made sure that Pirates was his first Magic Kingdom ride. It’s one of his favorites now.

This got me thinking back to my first ride. It was 2016 and I was 28 years old. We hadn't done much planning (which is silly looking back now) but we did have a fastpass booked for Pirates at 10 so we decided to head left so we would be in the vicinity for pirates when our fast pass was available so we went on the first thing we came to which I guess you would say was Swiss Family Robinson. I know not really a ride but an attraction all the same. So the actual first ride we went on (as we skipped Jungle cruise as the wait seemed high already) was Aladdin's flying carpets... not the recommendation I have as a first ride ever.

My pick would probably be Pirates as it just felt like Disney for me. It helped that when I was a teenager, my parents took me and my sister to Disneyland Paris and Pirates (the film hadn't come out yet so we weren't really aware of what it was) was an unexpected fun surprise. The other ride I would say is Dumbo because to me that is what my memories of a Disneyworld advert was when I was younger, I always wanted to go and ride the Dumbo ride for that pure Disney feeling the adverts gave me.

My first trip was also as an adult. For me, what made my first trip most magical was the nostalgia factor. My favorite movie as a girl was Little Mermaid, so I rode that first, and even though it is not one of the more "popular" rides it blew me away, and it's now tradition for me to ride it every trip. I also felt a lot of "wow" at Peter Pan--another childhood favorite of mine. 7DMT is super fun, but it doesn't have the same pull for me because I never watched snow white much as a kid because that witch scared me so much!

So I'd vote think back to what YOU love that is Disney and do that.
For the very very first ride ever at MK, I would recommend Peter Pan's Flight, it's simple, whimsical, magical and immersive in a very story book way. It's not the absolute best, but it puts your mind in Disney mode
Peter Pan because it's just quintessential Disney. My next votes would be Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean.
Peter Pan's flight....it's always my first ride every time I go into Magic Kingdom.
My 19 year old son suggested Peter Pan. It is a classic and all Disney.
My suggestion is to get to MK early, stroll down Main Street, walk through shops, watch opening ceremonies. (It always makes me cry) and go to fantasy land. I would start out with 7DMT and Peter Pan, hop over to Its a small world, the carousel, Pooh, Dumbo and philharmagic but have FP+ for the 3 mountains (splash, thunder, and space) . Fit HM, pirates and Jungle cruise in during the day somewhere, and make sure to catch the parade at night. I know this is way more than just 1st ride advice (I got excited and carried away) this was an awesome question though. My first trip as an adult with 3 little kids in tow was Alien encounter (1999 and not there anymore) and had issues getting then DD6 to ride anything else for at least 48 hours because it was WAY too scary.
peter pan. go to MK an hour early before opening. Enjoy main Street, watch the wwelcome show and then high-tail it to Peter pan, through the queque. It really has amazing pre-show. And at that hour, the wait is not too long at all.
Haunted Mansion has always been my personal fave but if you plan to be at Magic Kingdom when they open, I would go to Peter Pan first as the lines get crazy.
Peter Pan, first thing at RD, so you can walk thru the stand-by queue.

I have to agree with all these people and go with Peter Pan first in Fantasyland, then Haunted Mansion and It's a Small World. Have fun and enjoy soaking up the atmosphere!

My very first Disney ride was Pirates of the Caribbean at Disneyland. I was on a high school trip. The other girls in my group had just been there a few months ago, and they knew we would be arriving just before fantasmic, when the pirate line is the shortest.

My first ride at WDW was the triceratops spin. Because of EMH schedules, our first day was an animal kingdom day, and it was old school fastpass, so we got one for the safaris, then went to Dinoland first.

I have done two different trips with first-timers since then. Both of them were first-day at Hollywood studios. But their first ride at magic kingdom was Space Mountain or Winnie-the-Pooh. One was a kid trip and one was an adult trip. And guess what, as adults we did Winnie the Pooh first! The line for that gets so long later in the day, that the ride stops being worth the wait. But I knew the littles could handle a longer line because of all the games.

So as a first time adult, I would start in fantasyland, with whichever ride seems most appealing.

Crap! This thread makes me feel really old!!! My very first trip was my honeymoon ... I was 26 and the very first attraction was Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, followed by Haunted Mansion and Pirates of the Caribbean. Still love HM and POC but miss Mr. Toad. I have ridden Winnie the Pooh to catch a glimpse of his portrait there but don't particularly like the ride, I always look for him in the graveyard of HM !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter