Which attraction for first ever ride?

Another vote for Haunted Mansion. I think Splash is fabulous as well, but depending upon your desire to get soaked, I advise a poncho. And then Space - be sure to dig up information beforehand on how they tried to create an authentic experience.

peter pan. go to MK an hour early before opening. Enjoy main Street, watch the wwelcome show and then high-tail it to Peter pan, through the queque. It really has amazing pre-show. And at that hour, the wait is not too long at all.

Clearly the best choice is the SFR Treehouse :earboy2: I'd go with POTC or HM, there's nothing else quite like them (except other Disney parks.) Honorable mention for IASW, CoP, and Dumbo, but that's more nostalgia related.

I was 20 years old when I first went to Disney and my first ride was Dumbo. Granted I had my young son with me but Dumbo was my choice. It just screams Disney to me.

If not Dumbo I would do Peter Pan or Splash.

Now we do Splash Mountain first. It's my son's favorite ride.

Another vote for Haunted Mansion ot Pirates for an adult! I would answer differently depending on age.

I love how immersive both of those rides are... Pirates will always hold a dear spot in my heart for many reasons.

I would say for your first MK ride, I would say most magic for your buck would be Dumbo, Carousel, or Teacups.....in the middle of the magic, and perfect "I'm HERE" moment....
Dumbo was in the perfect location, near the castle, in the middle of Fantasyland. Now it’s in the back and you have to walk through the tent of monorail funk :/

My vote for first ride would be pirates. For your 7th ride, the people mover might be a good rest ride to take.

Dumbo was in the perfect location, near the castle, in the middle of Fantasyland. Now it’s in the back and you have to walk through the tent of monorail funk :/

yeah.....back in the day when there were "slow" times in college, once, we were at Jungle Cruise about 8 min before the fireworks......we got off, and said "we should ride a ride during the fireworks!" and we BOLTED for Fantasyland, and got in line for Dumbo, waited one cycle, got on and the fireworks started! It was a PERFECT "Disney Commercial" moment....

As we left AK one night last trip, I got an extra FP+ for BTMR at 9 pm. We got in line right at 8:55 and rode during the fireworks. It was amazing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter