Which is faster?

kiramay

DIS Veteran
1. Tag our luggage and take ME.
Or
2. Get our own luggage and take Uber.

We arrive on a Thursday at 9:15 am. Staying at POFQ. Going to Epcot shortly after we get to the resort.

Thank you!

Here are some of my times...
1. DME 50-90 mins. So many variables!!!!
2. Car service (carry on only)....45 mins
3. Car service (checked bags)....60 mins

Most of my DME rides have been about 75/75 mins. One or two were very quick, at an hour or under. One was long, at close to 90 mins.
Don't forget to add 10 or so minutes to leave your bags at Bell Services if your room isn't ready and you have to store your bags.

Use DME luggage tags and have DME drop you off at Boardwalk and walk to Epcot. Call DME at 866-599-0951 to change

Use DME luggage tags and have DME drop you off at Boardwalk and walk to Epcot. Call DME at 866-599-0951 to change
'If' the bus stops at BW as well as POFQ! Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't! And if you have carry on stuff, it can be an issue.

Don't forget to add 10 or so minutes to leave your bags at Bell Services if your room isn't ready and you have to store your bags.
Heck, add that ten(+) minutes anyway. If the room is ready, even longer, depending where it is. Or at least drop luggage with Bell Services anyway.
'If' the bus stops at BW as well as POFQ! Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't! And if you have carry on stuff, it can be an issue.
Eh, unlikely. Too far apart, unless passenger count is way down.

Heck, add that ten(+) minutes anyway. If the room is ready, even longer, depending where it is. Or at least drop luggage with Bell Services anyway.

Eh, unlikely. Too far apart, unless passenger count is way down.
I've had the bus stop at PO several times when going to BW!

I've had the bus stop at PO several times when going to BW!
None of our stays at 6 stays at PO resorts, including the one last week, have included a stop at BWI. Only SSR, OKW and the PO resorts. I'd say the odds are low for BWI to be on the PO route. Possible but low

You are only supposed to take DME to your resort.
True but you are free to get off the bus at at resort you wish

Thanks for all the replies. We’re probably going to just take Uber or Lyft. It’s only $22-25 and it’ll “feel faster” without waiting to board, waiting for the bus to fill, and stopping at multiple resorts. I’ve taken DME 3 times and it always feels like a lot of waiting.

When you call they ask for your reservation... when you give them that number they put you on the bus for the resort you booked. If a prior poster got lucky and a CM "bent" the rules, that is NOT evidence that it will ever happen again (And based on what I Have read it generally does not happen, I've seen a lot of creative failures however) Same thing on return you can't change to BWI because you want to spend the last morning at Epcot LOL!

The last time I took DME the creative woman hopped over to the other line to get on the bus she wanted. I am not sure what happened, but just before we pulled out "creative" got on our bus to SSR.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter