Which resort would you choose to live at?

I am DVC and we talk all the time about having enough point to 'winter' at WDW (we have 650 and working towards it). Some folks do that and I have read their posts about it. We would move around from AKV to CCV to BWV to OKW. But thats because we own OKW, BWV and CCV and AKV is easy to get at 7 months. So if we won lottery and had unlimited funds....it might be a CCV cabin. Could easily live in one of those.

Beach Club!

I live in the Northeast and LOVE the beach, but I don't get to use it for many months a year. It would be so nice to have that pool and the sandy beach right there. I also just love the smell of the resort, the casual seaside vibe, and Cape May Cafe. The biggest perk of all would be such easy access to Epcot since it's my absolute favorite park.

OP I love this question!! But now I am sad I haven't won a lottery and can't live the dream!

Probably OKW (ground floor). I cannot imagine enduring the walk to my car from most of the deluxe resorts on a regular basis. I prefer SSR, but OKW has bigger rooms so it wins in my book.

If I were going to live there, then I'd consider a few things---how quiet, view, access to food options, and decor. Given these, I would also stay away from conference hotels that I would stay at if I were just vacationing--that cuts out YC, BWI, CR, CSR, GF. Favorite decors would be WL, AKL, POLY. Best food options for me would be AKL. Best views would be lake at WL, lake at BLT, savannah at AKL, and lake at POLY. I would worry about noise level though at the POLY bungalows since I've heard many complaints about the boat traffic. Therefore, my top picks would be either 2 bedroom suite at AKL Savannah View; 2 bedroom villa at BLT Lake View--the higher the floor the better; 2 bedroom villa at Boulder Ridge Lake View--top floor; or best Lake View Copper Creek cabin. What a dreamer!

It would definitely be the Beach Club for me, especially if I could live in the Presidential Suite! It would be so cool to be able to swim in Stromalong Bay everyday (weather permitting), walking around Crescent Lake and World Showcase Lagoon, and being able to visit all of the Epcot festivals on multiple days. I'd need to do as much walking as possible given the proximity to all of the restaurants in the Epcot Resort area!

Beach Club Resort

I would convert rooms 3501, 3503, 3505, 3507, and 3509 into a presidential suite.

newbcthird.jpg

Third floor. Small balcony would be the guest room. Inside along the long balcony would be the entrance and the living room would be
near the corner of the building.

Disneys-Beach-Club-Resort_Full_7934.jpg;width=638

3507/3509 = living room
3503/3505 = kitchen/dining room
3501 = master suite
3509 upper area (near 3515) = guest room

tough one!!!I'm a night owl- so i like the hotels with 24 hour shops (like Grand Floridian or Poly)....NOT as much of a fan of the Poly after the remodel...Enjoy the GF- but don't thin I'd want to be there a year........SO Yacht Club- access to crescent lake- view oe the board walk and walking distance to the dolphin (and Picabu)

This is such a fun question. Makes me really think hard about which resort to live in verses some of my favorite ones to vacation in. Even though my favorite resort so far is the AKL, I think I would like to "live in" the Yacht Club for close proximity to Epcot and the dining there. But you know I also would like to live in a resort with close proximity to Disney Springs as well, maybe OKW?

I would be torn between the Contemporary and the Yacht Club. At CR, I could walk to MK everyday, have a great view of the lagoon, and I love the rooms there. At YC, I could walk to Epcot everyday, there's an awesome pool and I could take a boat to HS.

My gut reaction was to pick AKL. It's so cozy and what an extraordinary view. I could sit on that balcony for ages. I love the feeling when you walk into that lobby.

My back up plan is Beach Club. It would be a quick walk to Epcot which would be spectacular especially during F & W. I could have those Italian Margaritas quite a bit :drinking1

1st choice BWV. I would get a 2BD villa. I could live there for sure!!

2nd choice BCV. Again 2BD villa.

Love the EPCOT location, full kitchen, two bedrooms separated and two bathrooms!!!

Hmmmm... I like this game. I would have to say Animal Kingdom Lodge Savannah view - and while I'm at it - not just a room... a suite. Heck, this is fantasy time, right?

Just to throw things off: there are 11 current resort villas, with Riviera being the 12th. Max consecutive stay is 30 days, so I'd just spend a month at each cause I could.

There are a few already doing or have done. My choice is Fort Wilderness Campground in our own motorhome. We already visit a couple of times a year, however, a full year would be heaven.

After a bit of research, I'm going with a 1-bedroom at OKW to live in for a year. I like the style, and for day to day living, I'd rather be a bit removed from the parks (and the proximity to Disney Springs would be a plus since I would have time to try all the food options). "Lottery" to me means I can take Minnie Vans around the property as much as I want.

In the spring, I would take a 4-night "vacation" at BC, and in the fall (MNSSHP) I would take a 3-night "vacation" in a Theme Park View tower room at the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter