• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whistle While We Work: January 2016 Bounceback! page 12 10/15

I Love the Views on This Ride!!!

In the last installment, I had just boarded a Friendship Boat to Hollywood Studios.

DSCF0095.jpg

S0010092.jpg

For me, this is not just a ride. It is a chance to get some beautiful views of “Home”

WP_20160110_030.jpg

WP_20160110_027.jpg

WP_20160110_025.jpg

WP_20160110_023.jpg

WP_20160110_024.jpg

WP_20160110_026.jpg

WP_20160110_028.jpg

My destination awaits

DSCF0096.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

Continued in Next Post: Holiday Studios

Holiday Studios

I had the following FP for the afternoon:

Frozen Sing-Along- 12:05 to 12:20 for 12:30 show

Star Tours- 1:20 to 2:20

Toy Story- 2:55 to 3:55

Just like the surprise that MK was still decorated for Christmas on January 8, I was shocked that the Christmas tree was still up at Hollywood Studios, with Christmas carols were playing in background two days later!

WP_20160110_043.jpg

DSCF0098.jpg

DSCF0099.jpg

It was around 2 pm when I got to Hollywood Studios.

I had missed the 12:30 Frozen show as well as the 1:30, but I was in the window for the Star Tours Fast Pass.

Just after entering the park, I tried to take a couple of pictures with Bo, using my Point & Shoot camera, but they did not come out very well due to my very short T-Rex arms and not having a selfie mode on the camera.

DSCF0100.jpg

DSCF0102.jpg

I did much better on the way out, using my phone:

WP_20160110_039.jpg

I took a few pictures as I made my way through the park.

DSCF0103.jpg

DSCF0104.jpg

DSCF0174.jpg

DSCF0106.jpg

DSCF0107.jpg

DSCF0108.jpg

I was glad Teena and I had gone to see The Force Awakens the day before since there were scenes/characters from the movie. I wrote in my notes that the scenes I had were “Underwater” and “Yellow Paint”

After Star Tours, I realized that I had time to see the 2:30 Frozen show before my Toy Story FP. I had promised Teena I would see the show, so I went in.

Although I have only watched the movie once, I had a pretty good handle on the storyline and I really enjoyed the humor in the show.

DSCF0132.jpg

DSCF0114.jpg

DSCF0115.jpg

DSCF0119.jpg

DSCF0120.jpg

DSCF0122.jpg

DSCF0123.jpg

It’s snoaping!!!

DSCF0125.jpg

DSCF0131.jpg

After the show, it was time for Toy Story. I was really excited to be going on this attraction since the last time I had done it was July 2014 in Disneyland and July 2013 in WDW.

DSCF0137.jpg

DSCF0145.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0161.jpg

DSCF0156.jpg

DSCF0141.jpg

WP_20160110_032.jpg

DSCF0152.jpg

Alas, after I finished with Toy Story, I didn’t have time to do anything else at Hollywood Studios. I had to get back to the Beach Club and I was hoping to get there in time to meet up with some friends before meeting up with more friends for dinner at Cape May.

I had to stop and take a couple of pictures at “Dee’s Corner”, but again, my short little T-Rex arms prevented me from showing a lot of the background.

WP_20160110_035.jpg

WP_20160110_036.jpg

Sunset Boulevard was still decked out for the holidays

DSCF0170.jpg

DSCF0171.jpg

DSCF0173.jpg

As I was leaving, I took more pictures of the impressive Christmas tree.

WP_20160110_042.jpg

Next up: A Picturesque Walk and FRIENDS!

Last edited:
I'm glad you didn't get rained on. It looked quite overcast that day.

I've never seen Disney decked out for Christmas. I am surprised at how much was still up for January 8th. I love Christmas, but I'm one of those people who is over it on December 26th. My tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and comes down on the 26th or 27th of December.

No ToT or RRC for you?

Your selfies with Bo are too cute!

Just like the surprise that MK was still decorated for Christmas on January 8, I was shocked that the Christmas tree was still up at Hollywood Studios, with Christmas carols were playing in background two days later!
We were surprised to see that Chirstmas decorations were still up, too. We have been to WDW at least three other times over marathon weekend and most, if not all, of the decorations were down by then. But we were glad to see them. ::yes::

I tried to take a couple of pictures with Bo .....

I did much better on the way out, using my phone:
Those pictures are cute. :)

After Star Tours, I realized that I had time to see the 2:30 Frozen show before my Toy Story FP. I had promised Teena I would see the show, so I went in.

Although I have only watched the movie once, I had a pretty good handle on the storyline and I really enjoyed the humor in the show.
That was just like Teena to make you go to see Frozen. She knew you usually had the guys overruling the girly stuff. ;)

We were in MK that day but did go over to DHS that night for th Star Wars fireworks.

I love the Christmas decor at all of the parks, the DHS decor is great.

I have yet to do the frozen sing a long...

I can't believe you hadn't been on TSMM in a while. Glad you got to ride it!

Love Dee's corner! Maybe I should get a picture in Dee's corner in January.

I'm glad you didn't get rained on. It looked quite overcast that day.

I've never seen Disney decked out for Christmas. I am surprised at how much was still up for January 8th. I love Christmas, but I'm one of those people who is over it on December 26th. My tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving and comes down on the 26th or 27th of December.

No ToT or RRC for you?

Your selfies with Bo are too cute!

I'm also glad it didn't rain! It was cool and by the end of the night had gotten even colder.

This was the first time I was there while the parks were decorated for the holidays. I really didn't expect to see so much Christmas, but I'm glad I did. The decorations at the Beach & Yacht Club had come down a few days earlier. I have never seen that in person either. I would have loved to see carousel.

No time for RnR or ToT. I normally will go on them. I rode RnR once and ToT 3 times on the 2015 class trip, but never made it on Toy Story on that trip, so it was my priority.

Thanks! I feel a little awkward taking selfies and I'm not great at it. Once a guy walking by when I was with Bo and offered to take the pictures when he saw me struggling.

:rotfl2:

We were surprised to see that Christmas decorations were still up, too. We have been to WDW at least three other times over marathon weekend and most, if not all, of the decorations were down by then. But we were glad to see them. ::yes::

Me too! First time for me at the holidays. My upcoming trip will be my first Halloween trip, too. Can't wait for those decorations!

:hmghost:

Those pictures are cute. :)

Thanks. It always cracked me up that emmysmommy (Brenda) and MEK (Mary Ellen) would take pictures with Bo. I thought that they made up his name, like "the Ditch" (La Cava de Tequila) and then I looked closely at the pictures...

D'OH!

:laughing:

That was just like Teena to make you go to see Frozen. She knew you usually had the guys overruling the girly stuff. ;)

She was very insistent that I see the show!

As her guest, I was glad to grant her wish.

:thumbsup2

We were in MK that day but did go over to DHS that night for th Star Wars fireworks.

With a swim in between, if I recall correctly! You and your family are brave souls.

:fish:

I love the Christmas decor at all of the parks, the DHS decor is great.

I have yet to do the frozen sing a long...

I can't believe you hadn't been on TSMM in a while. Glad you got to ride it!

Love Dee's corner! Maybe I should get a picture in Dee's corner in January.

The ornaments on the trees are great. I know I would love the AK tree.

There's always next time for Frozen.

Every time we went to check the time for Toy Story on the class trip the posted time was 70 minutes. UGH! I didn't go to HS on my two DISmeet trips in 2014 and 2015.

It cracks me up that Dee's Corner is a thing! I have a bunch of friends who have taken pictures there and would be honored to have you join that group!

:goodvibes

Last edited:
I'm so excited to take the friendship boats again! I'm staying at the Dolphin in December for a quick trip. I should start a PTR for all these trips I'm taking in the next year. It would help me keep track of all the dates! Next Feb is Contemporary and then in May it's the Boardwalk, and then 2 more trips after that (although the where hasn't been determined yet)

I love all the Holiday decor and I'm excited to see it for the first time. I've never seen holidays at WDW or any Disney park for that matter. It's like a new thing for me, yay!

I think your selfies are really cute!

I'm gonna have to do a selfie at Dee's corner next time!

I'm curious to see your dinner at Cape May!

I took the friendship boats for the first time in January and I really loved the views of the resorts. Beach Club definitely looks fantastic from the boat.

I've seen the Frozen show several times, and as much as I love the movie and the songs, I think the humor is what really makes is enjoyable for me. They make some funny jokes.

I love that you made sure to stop at Dee's corner and take a picture! I think Disney should officially name that corner after you :)

I had to stop and take a couple of pictures at “Dee’s Corner”, but again, my short little T-Rex arms prevented me from showing a lot of the background.
We finally found Dee's corner on our Jan 2015 trip. Well, we actually discovered the bar that is set up outside Brown Derby and then noticed Dee's corner was there. :)

Hope your son made it ok on his pub crawl.

Nate came home again this weekend. There was no home football game and it was a weekend when 5,000 high school seniors- prospective students- were on campus for a college tour.

As I suspected he had laundry to do. Or rather for me to do.

:laundy:

We just dropped him back at school. Man, his dorm room was a pig sty! 3 18-year-old boys! I was shocked that Nate's desk was the most organized of the three of them. Their recycling needed to be emptied, including the empty vodka bottle! Nate says everyone comes to his room to hang out/watch football games because they have a large tv and a couch. At least it didn't smell in there. At least I don't think it did. I have a bad cold today and Mark's sense of smell is compromised.

:sad2:

I had to laugh when you mentioned laundry as I remember scheduling trips home when I needed my washing done too (though my mum wasn't as kind as you and let me do it myself lol). I bet if you're anything like me you drew blood biting your tongue when you left Nate back-I can only imagine the mess 3 teenage boys make given that I have just toughed it out and fumigated (I mean cleaned) eldest son's room!! He survived the pub crawl and came home just after 2am. He did have a few drinks, vodka and blackcurrant is the in thing apparently (possibly both sides of the Atlantic :confused3), but said he stopped before midnight as he knew he was driving to class the next day so I was quite proud/relieved in equal measure. He has just landed himself a part-time job and was at training last night and has his first shift this weekend so it's all happening now :)
I was just thinking how much craic we could have in the Rose and Crown :drinking1. We ducked in there last July to get out of the rain and the lady was playing the piano and making up songs- brilliant fun. Then she sang Wild Rover for us Irish folks. I'd have to make sure you witnessed that one so you could join in with the chorus :dance3:

Last edited:
Loving the boat ride and stormy skies. Cant believe so many Christmas decorations were still up. We visited once at Christmas in 1998 and I'd love to go back now that I'm a pro and would actually know what I was at lol. You had a lot of fun at HS between rides, shows and selfies with Bo :thumbsup2
I mentioned the Frozen show to my guys this summer and they looked at me like I'd lost my mind:confused3

We rode Living with the Land ride today in Epcot and I noticed that the tank that used to have alligators in it was closed for refurbishment. It made me think of your Behind the Seeds tour. :)

I'm so excited to take the friendship boats again! I'm staying at the Dolphin in December for a quick trip. I should start a PTR for all these trips I'm taking in the next year. It would help me keep track of all the dates! Next Feb is Contemporary and then in May it's the Boardwalk, and then 2 more trips after that (although the where hasn't been determined yet)

I love all the Holiday decor and I'm excited to see it for the first time. I've never seen holidays at WDW or any Disney park for that matter. It's like a new thing for me, yay!

I think your selfies are really cute!

I'm gonna have to do a selfie at Dee's corner next time!

I'm curious to see your dinner at Cape May!

Good idea to implement the PTR! :woohoo: on the upcoming trips!

That was my first trip while the World was decorated. I was so pleased they left up the decorations for me!

Now I am making my first Halloween trip.

Awwww... thanks! Sometimes I try to take selfies with my camera, but I have a selfie setting on my phone which makes it much easier. I want to see your selfie in "Dee's Corner"

I think I have 3 more updates to go on this trip and I am going to try to finish up the report before I go away, so Cape May is coming "soon"

:thumbsup2

I took the friendship boats for the first time in January and I really loved the views of the resorts. Beach Club definitely looks fantastic from the boat.

I've seen the Frozen show several times, and as much as I love the movie and the songs, I think the humor is what really makes is enjoyable for me. They make some funny jokes.

I love that you made sure to stop at Dee's corner and take a picture! I think Disney should officially name that corner after you :)

My favorite parts of the Friendship boats are the resort views.

Frozen S-A-L was a funny show! I enjoy the songs from the movie and I love humor. Mark hasn't seen the movie and I don't know if he will watch in the next two weeks. I don't think Mark and I will sit for the show. We do have a FP for FEA, though.

You heard it folks! Everyone send in your comments and suggestions to Disney to make "Dee's Corner" official. I'll invite you all to the dedication ceremony.

::yes::

We finally found Dee's corner on our Jan 2015 trip. Well, we actually discovered the bar that is set up outside Brown Derby and then noticed Dee's corner was there. :)

OK, the bar is a good discovery, too!!!

:drinking1

Lee and I went to EPCOT June 1983 on our honeymoon. Dang we just missed Dee that time too. But sooner or later we were bound to cross paths :)

Missed you by THAT.........much!

So glad the stars aligned and our paths finally crossed!

And I sincerely hope and believe it won't be the last time.

:hug:

I had to laugh when you mentioned laundry as I remember scheduling trips home when I needed my washing done too (though my mum wasn't as kind as you and let me do it myself lol). I bet if you're anything like me you drew blood biting your tongue when you left Nate back-I can only imagine the mess 3 teenage boys make given that I have just toughed it out and fumigated (I mean cleaned) eldest son's room!! He survived the pub crawl and came home just after 2am. He did have a few drinks, vodka and blackcurrant is the in thing apparently (possibly both sides of the Atlantic :confused3), but said he stopped before midnight as he knew he was driving to class the next day so I was quite proud/relieved in equal measure. He has just landed himself a part-time job and was at training last night and has his first shift this weekend so it's all happening now :)
I was just thinking how much craic we could have in the Rose and Crown :drinking1. We ducked in there last July to get out of the rain and the lady was playing the piano and making up songs- brilliant fun. Then she sang Wild Rover for us Irish folks. I'd have to make sure you witnessed that one so you could join in with the chorus :dance3:

Sounds like your son is having fun, but being responsible. That is all we ask.

Oh, my! You. Me. Rose and Crown. It's a date!

:shamrock:

Loving the boat ride and stormy skies. Cant believe so many Christmas decorations were still up. We visited once at Christmas in 1998 and I'd love to go back now that I'm a pro and would actually know what I was at lol. You had a lot of fun at HS between rides, shows and selfies with Bo :thumbsup2
I mentioned the Frozen show to my guys this summer and they looked at me like I'd lost my mind:confused3

I remember seeing the Swan and Dolphin resorts on our first trips and saying to Mark how wonderful it would be to stay in a hotel that was walking distance to our favorite park. This was before the Beach Club was there. My relationship with the Beach Club started before it was even built.

I know that "Frozen" look!

:rotfl2:::yes::

We rode Living with the Land ride today in Epcot and I noticed that the tank that used to have alligators in it was closed for refurbishment. It made me think of your Behind the Seeds tour. :)

I have a feeling the gators will not be back.

:sad2:

A Picturesque Walk from Hollywood Studios to the Beach Club

Not much commentary in the next post. It is simply a visual walk between Hollywood Studios and the Beach Club. Normally, I would time the route for research purposes*, but I decided I would be stopping a lot along the way to take pictures.

I still have never taken the “shortcut” path through the BW pool area. Although I have it described on the FAQ thread, I’m not sure I really understand how to do it…

It is funny- there was a group walking “with” me. For a while they would be behind me. Then I would stop for pictures and get behind. Then I would catch up and pass them. Just to fall behind again when I stopped for more pictures.

* The walk was 25 minutes according to the difference in the time stamp from the first photo posted here to the last.

These first few pictures are looking back at HS from the path.

DSCF0179.jpg

DSCF0180.jpg

DSCF0181.jpg

DSCF0182.jpg

DSCF0183.jpg

Now we are entering Swalfin territory:

DSCF0184.jpg

DSCF0185.jpg

DSCF0186.jpg

DSCF0187.jpg

DSCF0188.jpg

DSCF0191.jpg

DSCF0190.jpg

DSCF0194.jpg

DSCF0196.jpg

Who knows why I took the following picture? There are two reasons.

DSCF0197.jpg

DSCF0198.jpg

DSCF0199.jpg

DSCF0200.jpg

DSCF0201.jpg

DSCF0202.jpg

What!?! No people in the next two pictures of the Beach Club entrance???

DSCF0204.jpg

DSCF0207.jpg

Next Up: More Magical Marathon Meet-a-Thon and I "May" Get Crabby

Last edited:
When was your trip? Was that your first to the World or had you been to the MK before?
We had been a few times before like '78 when we took the honeymoon we couldn't afford the year before. Still remember riding that golf ball for the very first time. Seems the smells were more intense back in those years.
Katesdad

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter