• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whistle While We Work: January 2016 Bounceback! page 12 10/15

What a perfect last night meal to end off your trip. Love the photos- you all look so relaxed and happy in each others company :)

Dis meets are so awesome! I should've stopped and talked to you then but of course I didn't want to interrupt you. Look like you had a great meal.

That was thoughtful of you, but I'm sorry we didn't get a chance to meet.

:(

Real World = Interrupt. Y&BC = Family!

This! ^^^ ::yes::

You should have stopped to say hello. :) Another Dis-er, Mary of @maryandtyson , stopped by to say hello while we were talking, so it is definitely allowed. ::yes::

What?!? I missed @maryandtyson ?!?

:eek:

I know I should've. Hopefully there is a next time.

I hope so too!

:thumbsup2

Last edited:
That's great that you were able to have dinner with everyone and Cape May was able to seat you all together.

Cape May is my husband's favorite buffet as he's a huge seafood lover. Me, not so much, but I can always find something to eat there. I especially love visiting Beach Club, so it fits in the rotation every second or third trip.

Boo on the Oreo Bon-Bons! Why do they do that?!

I really like this meal, but it doesn't fit into our roster every time either.

Very sad about the bon-bons. I think they were too labor intensive to make. They are no longer at the Cape May, in the Marketplace or served as a dessert in club level.

:headache:

It was a lucky co-incidence that we had a trip planned for the same weekend that you came in. It was nice to be able to see you again. ::yes:: We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge and I think we made three trips to the BC that weekend. It was great to be able to say goodbye to Teena, although not great that she was leaving soon. :sad: The BC isn't the same without her. :(

You are short. ::yes:: But you also were unlucky to be surrounded by tall people that weekend. :rotfl2:

I was so happy to be able to meet Mike and to see you and Janet again!

:goodvibes

Not just that weekend. I am always surrounded by tall people.

:crowded:

What a perfect last night meal to end off your trip. Love the photos- you all look so relaxed and happy in each others company :)
Family.

:grouphug:

Last edited:
Mon Jan 11- Bounceback! And “Thank you Random Ice Pack Stranger”

It was time for me to go home.

I was going to ride with Teena into work and catch a ride from the Beach Club to the airport for my 11 am flight.

Mark’s last trip to Disney was a family trip in July 2013. I have been 4 times since then- 2 Beach Club DISmeet trips, Ben’s class trip and this one.

While we were at Teena’s computer this morning, we looked to see what was available for trips in the fall. I knew a few of my friends were going in October (Food & Wine, MNSSHP and Pixelmania). There was a good deal on a Club Level Garden View room at the Yacht Club.

I booked it!

party:

We both packed up to leave.

Teena made her lunch. I think we still had some of the delicious mango we had purchased at Walmart, so she took that along.

I had some pulled pork left over and a roll left over from our dinner at Sonny’s BBQ. I made a sandwich to take onto the plane. Teena told me to take a small ice pack from the freezer to keep the sandwich cool.

I said I didn’t think I could take that onto the plane with me because it was considered liquid. She told me she does it all the time.

“Um, OK”

:cold:

As we rode to the Beach Club we both said how much we enjoyed our time together and wish we had done this sooner. Teena dropped me at the entrance, then went to park her car. I wouldn’t be seeing her again before I left because she didn’t go on duty until after my ride left.

:sad1:

I had just a couple of minutes to kill. I went into the Marketplace gift shop and purchased a gingerbread shingle as a gift for Mark.

DSCF0219.jpg

I don’t think I have ever seen the security lines at the Orlando airport so short! I guess a Monday in mid-January is a good time to fly out of there.

When I got to the gate, I grabbed a seat next to a family- mom, dad, grandmother and 6 month old baby, Mia. I overheard them talking about getting ready for the flight.

The mom turned to her husband and said

“Darn! I meant to keep a plastic baggie. We need ice for the baby’s milk. “

After a moment, I decided to say “Excuse me, do you want an ice pack?”

“Do you have an icepack???”

"Yes"

“How did you get it through security?”

“I don’t know, but you can have it if you need it.”

“Thank you, random ice pack stranger”

Mia and her family were thankful to me (and to Teena) for our contraband.

The return flight was uneventful, I drove home from the airport and arrived to my children asking me “What’s for dinner?”

But that is another story, of the meatloaf that I made on Thursday, but had to throw away on Monday night because nobody baked it. When Mark got home from work and I told him it had spoiled because it wasn’t cooked, he asked

“Was that in the note?”

The End.

Or is it the Beginning…

Thank you all so much for following along with my report. I appreciated you reading and I loved your comments.

This is a great place to end this report because tomorrow is the start of the trip that I booked while at Teena’s computer.

First stay at the Yacht Club!

First Food & Wine :drinking1

First Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party :hmghost:

Only our second trip without the kids since Nate was born more than 18 years ago (???)

Much needed time together to celebrate our anniversary :love2:

Can’t wait to share our adventures in an upcoming trip report with the tentative title:

“A Private, Romantic 30th Anniversary Celebration - Just Ask My Friends”

Last edited:

This is a great place to end this report because tomorrow is the start of the trip that I booked while at Teena’s computer.

First stay at the Yacht Club!

First Food & Wine :drinking1

First Mickey’s Not So Scary Halloween Party :hmghost:

Only our second trip without the kids since Nate was born more than 18 years ago (???)

Much needed time together to celebrate our anniversary :love2:
I hope you have a wonderful trip. I am so sad to not be able to join you and the other Dis friends. :( I know that you'll have a great time. It turns out for the best, though, since our kitchen is scheduled to be demolished this week. We are finally remodeling our mid-century style kitchen.

I just hope you get better weather than we had. ::yes:: It is a great time to visit WDW.

Great trip report as usual, Dee!

I guess the ice pack was meant to be. It's funny how those things work out.

Have a great time on your anniversary trip! The Food & Wine Festival is my favorite time of year at Disney, along with the autumn decor. I generally visit WDW in October during my Fall Break, but this is the second time in the last six years I won't be going. With the family trip coming up in January, we decided to skip the fall trip.

Safe travels and I'll be looking forward to reading your next report!

Thanks for a brilliant report Dee. I'd never have thought you'd get an ice pack through security either but I'm glad you were able to do a good turn with it spreading the love a little :)
Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Lol "random ice pack lady". I can't believe its over already. As I am typing this you are in WDW though so have fun and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!

Wanted to be at the YC this week just to be able to say hi in person but instead I am sitting at the Mariott in Philly at a conference re-working my January Disney trip. I really liked your last installment. We're going to miss Teena too. Hope you and Mark get to see a wedding in the gazebo area while there at the YC. It really is something special to watch. Thanks for taking us along.
Keith

Ah- how great that your ice pack from Teena helped that family!
Can't wait to hear all about your current trip! Hope you're having a great time!

Thank you all for your good wishes before, during and after our recent trip!

:grouphug:

I hope you have a wonderful trip. I am so sad to not be able to join you and the other Dis friends. :( I know that you'll have a great time. It turns out for the best, though, since our kitchen is scheduled to be demolished this week. We are finally remodeling our mid-century style kitchen.

I just hope you get better weather than we had. ::yes:: It is a great time to visit WDW.

You were missed!

We had absolutely perfect weather! Hot, but not Face-of-the-Sun hot like during our summer trips. It started raining while we were in the queue for Haunted Mansion. By the time it started pouring, we were under cover. When we were done with the attraction, it had stopped.

That was about it on the rain.

:umbrella:

Great trip report as usual, Dee!

I guess the ice pack was meant to be. It's funny how those things work out.

Have a great time on your anniversary trip! The Food & Wine Festival is my favorite time of year at Disney, along with the autumn decor. I generally visit WDW in October during my Fall Break, but this is the second time in the last six years I won't be going. With the family trip coming up in January, we decided to skip the fall trip.

Safe travels and I'll be looking forward to reading your next report!

Thank you so much for your kind words!

The ice pack thing was just so funny.

You never know what I will pull out of my bag. Something similar happened on the Anniversary trip, too!

We are October converts!

:hmghost:

Thanks for a brilliant report Dee. I'd never have thought you'd get an ice pack through security either but I'm glad you were able to do a good turn with it spreading the love a little :)
Have a wonderful trip. Can't wait to hear all about it :)

Thank you so much!

Isn't that funny about the ice pack?

Start of the report coming right up!

::yes::

I'm guessing you probably won't see this until you come back, so ... I hope you had a wonderful trip!

Thank you! We sure did!

:goodvibes

Lol "random ice pack lady". I can't believe its over already. As I am typing this you are in WDW though so have fun and I can't wait to hear all about it when you get back!!!

It was a quick trip, travel on Thursday and Monday, so really the only "time" in Florida was Friday, Saturday and Sunday. We "packed" a lot in during my brief stay.

:thumbsup2

Wanted to be at the YC this week just to be able to say hi in person but instead I am sitting at the Mariott in Philly at a conference re-working my January Disney trip. I really liked your last installment. We're going to miss Teena too. Hope you and Mark get to see a wedding in the gazebo area while there at the YC. It really is something special to watch. Thanks for taking us along.
Keith

Would have been cool to meet you!

We didn't get to see a wedding. But I think we did see a wedding related breakdown.

:headache:

Ah- how great that your ice pack from Teena helped that family!
Can't wait to hear all about your current trip! Hope you're having a great time!

Thank you! It was such a fantastic trip!

:cool2:

Random ice pack lady ;)

Looking forward to the couple TR:)

Coming up!

:woohoo:

Thank you lady. For being a true friend. A forever "Random Ice Pack Lady"...

Add another title to the end of my name.

:rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter