• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Whistle While We Work: January 2016 Bounceback! page 12 10/15

Who knows why I took the following picture? There are two reasons.

One reason would be that it is a picture of the only room without a full balcony at the Yacht Club.

I'm not sure what the second reason would be but we stayed in the room on the third floor next to the turrent room. ;)

I love the pictures of the walk! One of these days I really need to find time to take that walk ... it really looks so beautiful and peaceful.

We had been a few times before like '78 when we took the honeymoon we couldn't afford the year before. Still remember riding that golf ball for the very first time. Seems the smells were more intense back in those years.
Katesdad

The 1983 trip was my first trip, Mark had been a couple of years before with his family.

::yes::

Great photos! I have taken that walk and I like it. In January I will get to run that pathway.

What is the route you will be running?

:cheer2:

One reason would be that it is a picture of the only room without a full balcony at the Yacht Club.

I'm not sure what the second reason would be but we stayed in the room on the third floor next to the turrent room. ;)

Correct!

So, I guess three reasons for that picture! (The second is listed below)

:thumbsup2

I love the pictures of the walk! One of these days I really need to find time to take that walk ... it really looks so beautiful and peaceful.

Thanks. We usually take the boat FROM the BC/YC to HS, but often will walk back. Still, I think that was only the 3rd time I have gone that way.

:goodvibes:

Still can't figure out the reasons behind the YC photo except 1) it's the YC!:sail: :banana: and 2) you LOVE taking photos!:rotfl::thumbsup2:love:

1) As Wood Nymph mentioned, Room 5163, the only room with the smaller balcony at YC
2) I like to take pictures of the Turret Rooms, which include "NOT the Room Brenda (Emmysmommy) Paid For"

:laughing:

We won't know an official route until a few weeks to a month before the race. The DHS portion of the course will be significantly different this year due to the construction.

The path between the YC/BC and HS is a great trail. As I'm sure you know, it is a recommended path for runners and there is a sign at the resorts with details about that for people who continue their running routine on vacation.

:cheer2:

More Marathon Meet-a-thon and I “May” get crabby

When I walked into the Beach Club lobby after my stroll from HS, I was greeted with a welcome sight. Teena was talking with a couple of friends of mine, Wood Nymph (Sue) and her husband. I had met them during our DISmeet in August 2015 and our group spent some time together in EPCOT.

I took a couple of pictures and had a picture taken with them myself.

It was great to see them again and to chat for a bit before they had to leave.

DSCF0209.jpg

WP_20160110_044.jpg

WP_20160110_045.jpg

Just around then, Lauren came by. She would be joining us for dinner, too.

DSCF0211.jpg

Hey, check out the guy in the red shirt in this picture.

While we were chatting and waiting to meet up with our friend Mike and his family, I noticed that the people behind us were speaking “Southernese” I acted upon a hunch and asked if they were part of Mike’s group. They were.

Mike’s wife Lee Ann was there and then Mike came along and we talked about their beautiful granddaughter who was born shortly before their trip.

Mike had reservations for the last night of his family’s trip at the Cape May Seafood Buffet, a marathon weekend tradition for them. After I had planned my last minute trip to Florida and knew I would be spending Sunday at the Beach Club as Teena worked, I made reservations for Teena and me so we could join them. Another friend of ours, Lauren, was also able to join us for the dinner.

The only problem was that their reservation was for 5:15 and ours was a little later, 5:30, after Teena’s shift. As soon as the restaurant opened at 5, Mike and I went over to the host station and explained that we had two separate reservations, at slightly different times, but we wanted to sit together.

We were told that they would be able to help us out and said they would make a note that I had checked in so I wouldn’t be charged the no show fee.

(Fast forward to a few weeks post-trip: a $20 charge from the time I was in Florida appeared on my Disney Visa card. I could not figure out what it was for awhile, but when I realized it was the “no show” fee, I called Disney dining and explained that I did eat at the Cape May that night. The charge was quickly reversed without hassle)

I think this was my third time having dinner at the Cape May. I am a New England native and I have eaten my fair share of seafood since I was young. Mark and I also both worked for a seafood restaurant, Weathervane Seafoods, for 5 years each, so I consider myself fairly knowledgeable about fish. I loved all of the food selections and everything I tried was excellent.

My review: Two claws up from me!

WP_20160110_050.jpg

Clam chowder- YUM!!!

DSCF0217.jpg

Bucket of Snow Crab Legs, Mussels and Little Neck Clams- YUM! YUM!!!

WP_20160110_049.jpg

First plate- green salad, artichokes and olive (and hearts of palm?), watermelon with mint and feta, peel and eat shrimp and a couple of crab legs for the photo.

WP_20160110_048.jpg

Second plate- fried shrimp (rotating selection available on certain nights- Sunday apparently), roast beef, rice, green beans and Brussels sprouts.

WP_20160110_051.jpg

Desserts. Oreo Bon-Bon's have gone bye-bye!

:(

But the food was really secondary to what made this a thoroughly enjoyable night. I loved talking and laughing with Mike, Lee Ann, their family, Teena and Lauren. Even though some of us had only “met” a few hours earlier, we were together as family.

WP_20160110_052.jpg

This was such a FUN, delicious night!

When dinner was over, we had a final picture of four dear DIS friends.

Bye Bye :grouphug:

WP_20160110_054%20-%20Copy.jpg

We made it back to Teena’s house. She got her things ready for work the next day, I packed up my things for my departure.

I’ll have one more short but eventful chapter to this story, which will lead quite nicely into my next trip report debuting soon!

Next Up: Bounceback and "Thank You Random Ice Pack Stranger"

Last edited:
What a great night with great friends! I hope to eat there to start off my Girls' Weekend in April, if I can get a late reservation!

Dis meets are so awesome! I should've stopped and talked to you then but of course I didn't want to interrupt you. Look like you had a great meal.

That's great that you were able to have dinner with everyone and Cape May was able to seat you all together.

Cape May is my husband's favorite buffet as he's a huge seafood lover. Me, not so much, but I can always find something to eat there. I especially love visiting Beach Club, so it fits in the rotation every second or third trip.

Boo on the Oreo Bon-Bons! Why do they do that?!

When I walked into the Beach Club lobby after my stroll from HS, I was greeted with a welcome sight. Teena was talking with a couple of friends of mine, Wood Nymph (Sue) and her husband. I had met them during our DISmeet in August 2015 and our group spent some time together in EPCOT.

It was a lucky co-incidence that we had a trip planned for the same weekend that you came in. It was nice to be able to see you again. ::yes:: We were staying at the Wilderness Lodge and I think we made three trips to the BC that weekend. It was great to be able to say goodbye to Teena, although not great that she was leaving soon. :sad: The BC isn't the same without her. :(

Actually, I think it is just a bad camera angle. I can't possibly be that short, can I?
You are short. ::yes:: But you also were unlucky to be surrounded by tall people that weekend. :rotfl2:

Wow, even more DIS meets! Sounds like a great dinner, and I'm glad they were able to accommodate you despite the different reservation times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter