Who does face painting? Lets see some face painting pictures.

My daughter is 6 & has PDD-NOS which is a form of high functioning autism. She has lots of sensory integration issues & she is able to tolerate the face paint with no complaints, itches etc. She LOVES all of the attention it gets her & I always bring a small cosmetics pocket size mirror for her to carry around. She must look at herself 100 times per day, checking to make sure her paint is just perfect.

We allow her to paint her face each day & she is allowed to pick one stuffed animal per trip and then one clothing item. She know that the face paint is part of her treat & she says it is more fun than picking little treats.

disney08161.jpg

2007disney157-1.jpg

2007disney096.jpg

2007disney097.jpg

DD's face painting pics from our previous trips are on the external hard drive and I'm too lazy to hook it up and grab them - right now.

Not really. I have to get DS up from his nap and fetch DD from school in 10 minutes. So, I'll try to post her pics later.

Anyway, the paint is very gentle. DD has very sensitive skin (eczema), and we've never had any problems with it causing any irritations or reactions. So, I recommend it for even those of us with concerns about allergies, etc. It washes off very easily also. I used a warm wash cloth with my Cetaphil, and it came right off.

However, DH and I are convinced that there is magic in the paint that will get DD to sit perfectly still. Now I want a lifetime supply of THAT Disney magic!!!

OK, these are all completely adorable. :lovestruc Anyone have some shots of grown-up kids in face paint - or is it only for the little ones?

Edited to add: What is it about Disney nuts that they all have such cute kids?

125_2581.jpg

This was done at MNSSHP Sept 08, it's free at the party, we probably wouldn't have stopped otherwise. DS was dressed as Darth Vader, thought this one went with the costume pretty well, he wasn't as thrilled after it was on.

I figure last year was the last year for my girls wanting to get their faces painted. This year I fear that it will be uncool :(
IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0350.jpg

Animal Kingdom 2/2008 - She got cranky and tired very soon after and cried it all off!

DSC02274.jpg

It is available in Epcot in the WS area just past Mexico on the bend. It is in a hut called the Marketplace (I believe that is the name) just past the ice cream stand on your left heading toward Germany.

IMG_0105.jpg

Sorry-big picture but boys of all sizes can get their faces painted. I think I might try it next time. We always go to the one in AK-right outside the safari ride.

IMG_1870-2.jpg

My dd also has very sensitive skin and had no problems with this face paint. It's the first time she's ever had her face painted. We had it done in Toontown.

FloridaVacationDec2008055.jpg

FloridaVacationDec2008054.jpg

both girls had it done at Toontown, they were like $15 each I think...and they only take cash, no cc's!

FloridaVacationDec2008055.jpg

FloridaVacationDec2008054.jpg

both girls had it done at Toontown, they were like $15 each I think...and they only take cash, no cc's!

They DO take credit cards, they give you a voucher at the face painting booth and you walk across the path to the pin cart and pay there.

I love the face painting it is soooo well done. However DD has sensory issues and can't handle things "touching" her, so unfortunately the face painting is a no go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter