• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who else goes back and forth with emotions on COVID?

A lot of us are feeling so many things every day. We will keep each other afloat. I currently have five kinds of ice cream in the freezer and five bottles of wine in the pantry, which is four more than I would usually have of either. My daughter is a flight attendant, I have not been able to have her over/hug her in almost four months. The cat is tired of being brushed/played with/talked to-it's avoiding me. I am going to come through this with new appreciation for people who are kind and care about others, so that's something. I wish you all good health and let's look forward to those hugs!

:hug:

Emotionally, this whole thing can be soooo draining! It doesn't help that such a horrible virus became such an "agenda" . :rolleyes2

I saw one of my sons June 6; the next son with two of my grandbabies two weeks later and finally the third son, wife and my 3rd grandchild this past weekend. What is so sad is as much as i LOVED seeing everyone; I will now be a paranoid bat for the next couple of weeks. Never thought I'd come to feeling that way after my children visit. :sad1:

The parent had symptoms and was tested on a Tuesday. She entered the daycare sick and dropped her child off and she went to work until her results came back on Friday. Their entire family should have quarantined. I don’t understand someone who does this. Stay home if you have symptoms and definitely don’t take your kids out if you think you have COVID in your home.

I’m so stressed out by all of the conflicting information about what is and is not safe. I have read that the way to avoid Covid is to avoid being within six feet of others for more than ten or fifteen minutes. I interpret this to mean that most shopping trips should be ok. I avoid being within six feet of anyone and, if I am within six feet it would be for a few seconds, not minutes. I avoid small stores and do everything that I can to follow the guidelines. My family always wears masks if we are around others and we wear them correctly. With all of that said, I had kind of gotten having constant anxiety.

Then, it turns out that if you go into a public restroom and flush the toilet you may be exposed (I’m not sure how the ten to fifteen minute guideline works in this scenario because I’m never in the restroom for that long, not even close to that long.). So, if you can get the virus by simply going into a public restroom that means that we can’t be away from home for an entire day. Forget about going on a vacation.

Avoiding Covid requires sacrifice.....and everyone should be working to avoid it.....but they’re not. I’m infuriated when I go into a store and see employees or customers either not wearing masks or not wearing them correctly. Why wear a mask and then tuck it under your nose or chin? I understand that some medical conditions prevent people from wearing masks but a lot of people just don’t want to wear them. It’s really political and it shouldn’t be.

We are in the northeast and summer is the best part of the year. I feel like it’s slipping by and I’m watching as others go out and have a good time. I want to join them, but the penalty could be death.....yes, that’s extreme but it’s true. I’m constantly torn between wanting to go out and have fun and clinging to the safety of my home. You can’t do both.

We wash our hands constantly, wear our masks, avoid social gatherings, and avoid being within six feet of people who don’t live in our home. The idea of one person coming to a meeting without a mask and exposing everyone to Covid drives me crazy. Anyway, I know my anxiety is over the top....but to answer the question in the first post, yes, I absolutely go back and forth with emotions about the virus. I think it’s because we are working hard to follow every guideline perfectly but a lot of people aren’t doing their part.....and because some days it feels like we are doing it all to avoid a mild cold and other days it feels like we are doing it to avoid hospitalization or worse.

Thank you to all of the healthcare providers who are out there trying to do everything that you can to keep us all healthy and safe. I know that our sacrifice is nothing compared to the sacrifice that you are making.

I’m so stressed out by all of the conflicting information about what is and is not safe. I have read that the way to avoid Covid is to avoid being within six feet of others for more than ten or fifteen minutes. I interpret this to mean that most shopping trips should be ok. I avoid being within six feet of anyone and, if I am within six feet it would be for a few seconds, not minutes. I avoid small stores and do everything that I can to follow the guidelines. My family always wears masks if we are around others and we wear them correctly. With all of that said, I had kind of gotten having constant anxiety.

Then, it turns out that if you go into a public restroom and flush the toilet you may be exposed (I’m not sure how the ten to fifteen minute guideline works in this scenario because I’m never in the restroom for that long, not even close to that long.). So, if you can get the virus by simply going into a public restroom that means that we can’t be away from home for an entire day. Forget about going on a vacation.

Avoiding Covid requires sacrifice.....and everyone should be working to avoid it.....but they’re not. I’m infuriated when I go into a store and see employees or customers either not wearing masks or not wearing them correctly. Why wear a mask and then tuck it under your nose or chin? I understand that some medical conditions prevent people from wearing masks but a lot of people just don’t want to wear them. It’s really political and it shouldn’t be.

We are in the northeast and summer is the best part of the year. I feel like it’s slipping by and I’m watching as others go out and have a good time. I want to join them, but the penalty could be death.....yes, that’s extreme but it’s true. I’m constantly torn between wanting to go out and have fun and clinging to the safety of my home. You can’t do both.

We wash our hands constantly, wear our masks, avoid social gatherings, and avoid being within six feet of people who don’t live in our home. The idea of one person coming to a meeting without a mask and exposing everyone to Covid drives me crazy. Anyway, I know my anxiety is over the top....but to answer the question in the first post, yes, I absolutely go back and forth with emotions about the virus. I think it’s because we are working hard to follow every guideline perfectly but a lot of people aren’t doing their part.....and because some days it feels like we are doing it all to avoid a mild cold and other days it feels like we are doing it to avoid hospitalization or worse.

Thank you to all of the healthcare providers who are out there trying to do everything that you can to keep us all healthy and safe. I know that our sacrifice is nothing compared to the sacrifice that you are making.

I’ve heard that about public restrooms. My daughter flew to CA last week to help nanny for my sister. I told her no public restrooms during the travel. I have no idea if that was necessary or not.

I’ve heard that about public restrooms. My daughter flew to CA last week to help nanny for my sister. I told her no public restrooms during the travel. I have no idea if that was necessary or not.

I’m not sure if anyone knows....but I’d love to know whether or not going into a public restroom for a minute or two puts you at a higher risk of getting Covid. I understand that you probably shouldn’t go if it’s crowded....but what if there is only one or two other people.....what about the hand dryers, are they a factor at all?

I’m not sure if anyone knows....but I’d love to know whether or not going into a public restroom for a minute or two puts you at a higher risk of getting Covid.
I hope it doesn’t. I have no choice but to use a public restroom while I’m at work. The good news is it is a single person restroom. So it not like others are in their flushing their Covid infected waste products while I’m on there. I’m thinking/guessing/hoping this is the biggest issue with public restrooms.

A lot of the public restroom comes down to whether the virus is actually airborne, and can sit in an indoor space for hours after the person has left.

A lot of the public restroom comes down to whether the virus is actually airborne, and can sit in an indoor space for hours after the person has left.

I think that you’re absolutely right and I don’t think that anyone truly knows whether or not it is airborne for hours. I’ve read conflicting information....one article will imply that you need to be exposed to the virus for ten minutes or more in order to be infected, another article will imply that you can get the virus in the time that you are washing your hands in a public restroom. It’s all so frustrating. I wish someone could give us a manual that told us exactly how to live our lives as normally as possible while still protecting ourselves and our families from the virus.

I just found it odd that just as school is about to start, the news mentions that somehow it doesn’t spread amongst kids. Anyone with kids knows that kids are super spreaders for every germ, disease, and illness known to man
The parent had symptoms and was tested on a Tuesday. She entered the daycare sick and dropped her child off and she went to work until her results came back on Friday. Their entire family should have quarantined. I don’t understand someone who does this. Stay home if you have symptoms and definitely don’t take your kids out if you think you have COVID in your home.
As usual the reporting is typically incomplete and just plain LOUSY on these cases-It appears the ADULTS are passing to kids. In nearly every other case around the world that has been the case, that kids passing to other kids or adults is lower. Part of that is simply the way kids bodies develop-this virus targets ACE receptors and kids have lower receptors in nasal passages-that is physiology.
. It may also explain why most have less symptoms and if less symptoms it follows less viral expression (yet to be proven-ugh the studies on viral load needs hurry up :))

Even in the camp case 18% of entire camp was infected-as USUAL it doesn't say how many were asymptomatic, what the out was nor whether contact tracing revealed family members tested.

Many schools around the world opened back up, have been open for weeks and little to no problems.

So no, it is NOT a media conspiracy

As usual the reporting is typically incomplete and just plain LOUSY on these cases-It appears the ADULTS are passing to kids. In nearly every other case around the world that has been the case, that kids passing to other kids or adults is lower. Part of that is simply the way kids bodies develop-this virus targets ACE receptors and kids have lower receptors in nasal passages-that is physiology.
. It may also explain why most have less symptoms and if less symptoms it follows less viral expression (yet to be proven-ugh the studies on viral load needs hurry up :))

Even in the camp case 18% of entire camp was infected-as USUAL it doesn't say how many were asymptomatic, what the out was nor whether contact tracing revealed family members tested.

Many schools around the world opened back up, have been open for weeks and little to no problems.

So no, it is NOT a media conspiracy
I would think it’s also to do with, as in my case, the kids are simply staying home instead of going to school, friends houses, or generally out in public. So they aren’t transmitting it to others simply because they aren’t around others to transmit it.

He's a doc, common sense advice. I also like him because he re-evaluated based on new information and as more is known rather than staying in his "bubble" and ignoring new data.

I would think it’s also to do with, as in my case, the kids are simply staying home instead of going to school, friends houses, or generally out in public. So they aren’t transmitting it to others simply because they aren’t around others to transmit it.
Explain Sweden, Japan, Korea etc. Even Australia's "spike" came from adults, and from returning travelers, even though it spread to schools (by adults)

He's a doc, common sense advice. I also like him because he re-evaluated based on new information and as more is known rather than staying in his "bubble" and ignoring new data.

Some of this is good, but his description of "tight, crowded spaces" isn't very good. Eating in a sparsely attended but indoor restaurant isn't tight or crowded, but a major vector of transmission.

I’m so stressed out by all of the conflicting information about what is and is not safe.

Remember, so many people have a vested interest in making a name for themselves, it can lead to confusion.

Pretty much, experts are in agreement: Social Distance, wear a mask, wash your hands. I pretty much treat everything else as noise.

As for the public restroom - I've had times I have to use one. Preferably ones that are large - think rest stops along the interstate. Better yet, ones without doors to the restrooms, like you see in many Lowes or BJs. I can wash my hands and not touch anything to get out. And ones that have automatic faucets and deactivated the air dryers. Think of it in terms of social distance - larger is better.

Not good.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter