• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Who else goes back and forth with emotions on COVID?

Definitely going back and forth constantly. One moment I think, parts of this aren’t so bad, I can deal for now and I’m grateful for what I have. But then five minutes later I think about what might normally be going on right now, or see comments about it being years until a return to mass travel, or people speculating Disney World closing permanently, etc, and I get really overwhelmed and upset again. I know this is going to be a long process and part of life for a while, but little pieces of hope are what we all need. The no end in sight part is the absolute hardest.

Explain Sweden, Japan, Korea etc. Even Australia's "spike" came from adults, and from returning travelers, even though it spread to schools (by adults)
How about you explain something, exactly how do you think those countries that also had, stay at home, safer at home or quarantine orders. So therefore everyone would leave children home while they go out to do whatever errands they need to tend to outside the home. Therefore if the child catches it, it’s simply because the adult brought it back into the home.
So how exactly is it even possible for a child that doesn’t go anywhere to transfer it?

Last edited:
Definitely going back and forth constantly. One moment I think, parts of this aren’t so bad, I can deal for now and I’m grateful for what I have. But then five minutes later I think about what might normally be going on right now, or see comments about it being years until a return to mass travel, or people speculating Disney World closing permanently, etc, and I get really overwhelmed and upset again. I know this is going to be a long process and part of life for a while, but little pieces of hope are what we all need. The no end in sight part is the absolute hardest.

I couldn’t have said how I’m feeling better than what you have said. Overwhelmed, upset, hopeful, hopeless, angry, anxious. Those are a few of the feelings I have every day on this roller coaster of Coronavirus. I work in a medical office so I haven’t missed work so financially nothing has changed thankfully so I know it could be worse. I’m normally an anxious person anyway so this has just made it that much worse. I cry most days out of the week (usually at night in bed), out of sheer frustration and the worry of the unknown.

There is definitely a lot of uncertainty going forward in the short term. But these people who think it will be years or Disney World closing permanently are absolutely out of their minds.

I couldn’t have said how I’m feeling better than what you have said. Overwhelmed, upset, hopeful, hopeless, angry, anxious. Those are a few of the feelings I have every day on this roller coaster of Coronavirus. I work in a medical office so I haven’t missed work so financially nothing has changed thankfully so I know it could be worse. I’m normally an anxious person anyway so this has just made it that much worse. I cry most days out of the week (usually at night in bed), out of sheer frustration and the worry of the unknown.
:flower3: This is heart-wrenching - I’m so sorry. Grace and peace to you. :hug:

:hug:

The parent had symptoms and was tested on a Tuesday. She entered the daycare sick and dropped her child off and she went to work until her results came back on Friday. Their entire family should have quarantined. I don’t understand someone who does this. Stay home if you have symptoms and definitely don’t take your kids out if you think you have COVID in your home.

Absolutely ridiculous. And this kind of stuff will not change unless/until somehow these people are held accountable for their actions. I just don't understand this attitude, seen primarily in the US, where everyone is out for themselves and screw everyone else. I don't believe in living in a police type state but honestly what do you have to do to get people to do what they are supposed to do?

Absolutely ridiculous. And this kind of stuff will not change unless/until somehow these people are held accountable for their actions. I just don't understand this attitude, seen primarily in the US, where everyone is out for themselves and screw everyone else. I don't believe in living in a police type state but honestly what do you have to do to get people to do what they are supposed to do?

I think we’ll see more of this if school resumes in person. People will drop off sick kids or give them Tylenol to lower their temp to get them through the school doors.

How about you explain something, exactly how do you think those countries that also had, stay at home, safer at home or quarantine orders. So therefore everyone would leave children home while they go out to do whatever errands they need to tend to outside the home. Therefore if the child catches it, it’s simply because the adult brought it back into the home.
So how exactly is it even possible for a child that doesn’t go anywhere to transfer it?
??? Have zero idea what you are going on about??
I totally agree and this terrifies me!
How about blaming the BAD CHOICES that a person is forced into vs the person who has to MAKE those choices? If the employer doesn't give a break, and it's a choice between the USUAL cold/allergy symptoms you know your kid has OR losing your job/home/food on the table...impossible choices. Employers right now are giving GREAT lip service to sick policies but I will bet you my firstborn that those "policies" will go out the window as soon as the press forgets about it. In fact there is ALREADY a lawsuit by a traveling nurse over this and mandatory quarantine and promised quarantine pay if nurse catches covid or has to quarantine for exposure as told to by health department-the company even stated the policy of payment over a text and email and is now denying they need to live up to it as the state the nurse resides(not worked
and was exposed) in doesn't mandate that at the time, even though the nurse followed the policy the company told her. I freakin LOVE that she has the emails and texts backing her up! Our AG said she has a case because our state honors "oral contracts" which texts are.

And-just FYI-ordinary colds/allergies/flu didn't just go away you know-people are more likely to get sick from those than Covid-despite what the fear-mongering headlines would like you to believe. My allergies are acting up again (and yep-allergies with the itchy eyes) which means the asthma is also kicking in-and so is the small occasional cough. But per some I should never go outside my front doors ever again-and that makes for anxiety as as well. So let's try not to be so judgy and IMMEDIATELY assume the worst :)

How about blaming the BAD CHOICES that a person is forced into vs the person who has to MAKE those choices? If the employer doesn't give a break, and it's a choice between the USUAL cold/allergy symptoms you know your kid has OR losing your job/home/food on the table...impossible choices. Employers right now are giving GREAT lip service to sick policies but I will bet you my firstborn that those "policies" will go out the window as soon as the press forgets about it. In fact there is ALREADY a lawsuit by a traveling nurse over this and mandatory quarantine and promised quarantine pay if nurse catches covid or has to quarantine for exposure as told to by health department-the company even stated the policy of payment over a text and email and is now denying they need to live up to it as the state the nurse resides(not worked
and was exposed) in doesn't mandate that at the time, even though the nurse followed the policy the company told her. I freakin LOVE that she has the emails and texts backing her up! Our AG said she has a case because our state honors "oral contracts" which texts are.

And-just FYI-ordinary colds/allergies/flu didn't just go away you know-people are more likely to get sick from those than Covid-despite what the fear-mongering headlines would like you to believe. My allergies are acting up again (and yep-allergies with the itchy eyes) which means the asthma is also kicking in-and so is the small occasional cough. But per some I should never go outside my front doors ever again-and that makes for anxiety as as well. So let's try not to be so judgy and IMMEDIATELY assume the worst :)

I don't deny that there is not much leniency in certain employment with regard to time off. But you cannot excuse personal responsibility. And as for the allergies thing, which I am all too familiar with - listen if you have symptoms which lead you specifically to get a COVID test, then you must do the right thing which is quarantine until the results come back. She was told to do that and didn't. You can't come back after that and be like "oh I thought it was allergies" in some half-assed attempt to cover up your horrifying judgment.

I don't deny that there is not much leniency in certain employment with regard to time off. But you cannot excuse personal responsibility. And as for the allergies thing, which I am all too familiar with - listen if you have symptoms which lead you specifically to get a COVID test, then you must do the right thing which is quarantine until the results come back. She was told to do that and didn't. You can't come back after that and be like "oh I thought it was allergies" in some half-assed attempt to cover up your horrifying judgment.
You also can't stay home every time you get a sniffle either. NO one would ever work again! TURN OFF THE NEWS and realize-simple precautions like mask wearing, physical distancing etc will keep the majority from getting a severe case (there is NO 100% "safe") but covid isn't 100% everywhere either-no matter WHAT the news wants you to believe-even if you take the known case, up by 40% it is still a teeny fraction of the population who has it. So that sniffle-odds are that it isn't covid unless you've been around high risk situations.
And what of this vaunted "personal responsibility"-what if the responsibility was to make enough money to provide food for her child?
It is too easy to JUDGE vs actually trying to see others POV, and then work to make sure better choices are available. IF you haven't been in that situation you also wouldn't know what you would do when presented with 2 bad choices. Voting for leaders who work to make things better for EVERYONE not just YOU is one way. But most people will advocate "personal responsibility" , then vote for leaders who make bad choices worse because it might cost the person a couple nickels extra, and wonder why "personal responsibility" isn't an option :sad2:

You also can't stay home every time you get a sniffle either. NO one would ever work again! TURN OFF THE NEWS and realize-simple precautions like mask wearing, physical distancing etc will keep the majority from getting a severe case (there is NO 100% "safe") but covid isn't 100% everywhere either-no matter WHAT the news wants you to believe-even if you take the known case, up by 40% it is still a teeny fraction of the population who has it. So that sniffle-odds are that it isn't covid unless you've been around high risk situations.
And what of this vaunted "personal responsibility"-what if the responsibility was to make enough money to provide food for her child?
It is too easy to JUDGE vs actually trying to see others POV, and then work to make sure better choices are available. IF you haven't been in that situation you also wouldn't know what you would do when presented with 2 bad choices. Voting for leaders who work to make things better for EVERYONE not just YOU is one way. But most people will advocate "personal responsibility" , then vote for leaders who make bad choices worse because it might cost the person a couple nickels extra, and wonder why "personal responsibility" isn't an option :sad2:

She didn't have a sniffle. She had Covid-19. She suspected she had Covid-19 enough to get a test. She brought her child to daycare for 4 days and went to work while infected with Covid-19 before she got her results. She infected at least 4 entire families and put a daycare that had pretty much just reopened back out of business for WEEKS. Hell yes I will judge her.

I’m kind of bipolar lately on the issue. One second I’ll be like screw it - let the thing spread like wild fire If it’s that uncontrollable. if I’m lucky I’m lucky if I’m not I’m not but then life will go on as “normal”. Then the next second I’m like - we need to control this - I don’t wanna have this.

??? Have zero idea what you are going on about??
If I’m remembering correctly, it was concerning the whole kids not catching and transmitting the Rona. I was saying that of course they hadn’t been transferring anything; Rona, the flu, the common cold, etc. they simply haven’t been going anywhere or seeing anyone to transmit anything.
Hope that clears up any of your confusion.

I have ups and downs, but I try to keep in mind the Stockdale Paradox, named after Vietnam POW and Medal of Honor winner James Stockdale. As he put it, "You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end — which you can never afford to lose — with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be."

https://bigthink.com/personal-growt...lity-vital-success?rebelltitem=2#rebelltitem2

I have definitely been on an emotional roller coaster...life before the virus seems like a dream...it feels strange watching movies with large crowds depicted...:sad2: I try not to overdose on news - checking online every day or so.

I tend to be more vigilant about the whole thing than DH. We've all been home since mid-March - very limited contact with others - lots of phone calls and Zoom meetings, etc.

We are very lucky and can both do our jobs remotely - we made it through the layoffs and pay reductions are almost over - but no plans to bring people back into the office buildings. They were built open air design and with people packed in tiny little tight spaces. Not sure what is going to happen.

So many aren't that lucky. So many have to choose between their jobs (and healthcare) and whether or not they risk their lives and their families lives. In my opinion this whole thing is like Russian roulette...you just don't know if you (or someone you love) is going to be one of the unlucky ones. The ones that don't make it.

All the conflicting information, mis-information, media hype and highly charged emotional atmosphere out there - and can you blame us really??? - is very hard to deal with as the weeks and months roll on.

It's all just so horrible and I feel like we are all going to need to hang in there because we have a long road ahead. I try keep both my sense of humor and of compassion regularly exercised.

I have definitely been on an emotional roller coaster...life before the virus seems like a dream...it feels strange watching movies with large crowds depicted...:sad2: I try not to overdose on news - checking online every day or so.

I tend to be more vigilant about the whole thing than DH. We've all been home since mid-March - very limited contact with others - lots of phone calls and Zoom meetings, etc.

We are very lucky and can both do our jobs remotely - we made it through the layoffs and pay reductions are almost over - but no plans to bring people back into the office buildings. They were built open air design and with people packed in tiny little tight spaces. Not sure what is going to happen.

So many aren't that lucky. So many have to choose between their jobs (and healthcare) and whether or not they risk their lives and their families lives. In my opinion this whole thing is like Russian roulette...you just don't know if you (or someone you love) is going to be one of the unlucky ones. The ones that don't make it.

All the conflicting information, mis-information, media hype and highly charged emotional atmosphere out there - and can you blame us really??? - is very hard to deal with as the weeks and months roll on.

It's all just so horrible and I feel like we are all going to need to hang in there because we have a long road ahead. I try keep both my sense of humor and of compassion regularly exercised.

You and I could be friends! I feel exactly the same way, about all of it, especially in trying to keep the compassion and sense of humor. So many people can’t manage the compassion part

I am back and forth, up and down on the issue myself. Sometimes I feel as if it is over-hyped and others I am terrified. I just saw on Facebook where somebody my husband went to high school with has it (I think he lives in Texas now), and was like saying how bad it was and he just wanted to die. So I am back to being terrified. I know that opening school is important, but the thought of that also scares me because I am scared that the school kids will catch it and bring it home with them, it will spread like wildfire.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter