Who feels like a Thread-Killer? Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dalpal said:
Thats beautiful Colleen!...what is it Hibiscus?
Honestly I do not know...

It grows all over Castaway Cay and as I was zooming in to do a close up shot when I saw the Mickeys...

Where's BP, I got sumtin for him to Google!

;)

I gotcha covered on the dress lady...we'll tawlk :teleport:

c.

hi everyone :wave2: :Pinkbounc :wave2:
i've been away in orlando for a library conference all week and just spent an hr reading up on the biz w/ y'all. oowweee, lots of silliness going on :lmao: sounds like all you green-thumbers are having beautiful flowers, etc bloom. :flower: good job.
also, i am glad smilies are working :cheer2:
at library conference we stayed right across the st from downtown disney, so we went over there each day. not enough time to got to wdw, tho ::MickeyMo went to dinner at rainforest cafe and planet hollywood.
DD is in kentucky right now w/ her band class, she is done w/ softball. she had a good season and plans to take more pitching lessons over the next several months - when you get to the varsity level it becomes an all-yr-round thing. next week DD and i go to disney for the state academic team competition :teacher: we will be staying at the contemporary!! :woohoo: plus, sisters will be nearby to meet us at wdw!! party: let the fun continue!
DS hit a triple in his baseball game this week! :banana: other DS walked and struck out, oh well... :rolleyes2
hope everyone has a great weekend. :cool1:
special love to my sisters :love: see you both soon.
mary

:wave: I think I sort of have everything under control finally. :confused3

I've been running, running, running trying to accomplish all that I wanted to do before I went away.

Rick's plane should be landing in Detroit any minute now and then he has an hour and a half drive home.

Just so he can get up tomorrow morning and make the drive all over again :p

Cruisin said:
Just so he can get up tomorrow morning and make the drive all over again :p
Too bad he couldn't have stayed there overnight, but then you'd be without a ride I guess. :confused3

Have a WONDERFUL Week!!! And, when you're yelling towards the World, just let them know to expect all 16 of us in June, ok? ;)

I have been side-tracked here tonight. Matt called after work to say he was coming home. I turned the outside/garage lights on, unlocked the door, and got back on the 'puter. ;) Then, he called again. :guilty: He had a MINOR, MINOR, maybe not even any damage, accident, at a stop light. He is VERY shaken up tho as the guy had a brand new car and was being a total jerk! :furious: The guy was so bad that his own passenger/companion was trying to calm him down and telling him to forget it (No apparent damage - in the dark). :sad2: Anyway, Matt is pretty upset. He drove away from the 'accident' but pulled into a parking lot and that's when he called me. He's so upset and worried about his license and insurance and the fact that it's my brother's car. I told him if he's all right, DON'T WORRY about the rest. I then called his Dad, who's going to meet him now, and take him to file a police report. I called the police station and they suggested it, and his Dad agreed with me on this. I don't want this guy showing up tomorrow with a neck brace and a law suit, besides 'possible' car damage! :rolleyes2 I want this done the right way, whatever happens.

Matt is ok tho, besides being shaken up by this moron. :furious: It's a CAR for Pete's sake, it's material, it can be fixed (IF NEEDED - he tapped his BUMPER, that's what BUMPERS are FOR!). Ok, sorry, secondary Mommy is kicking in - I'm getting mad now! First, I was concerned about Matt, now I'm ticked at that guy. :sad2:

Just talked to Matt again, and he's sooo tired, but his Dad is there now, and they're on their way to the police dept. Wish him well, please. :grouphug:

Aww, poor Matt. I hope he made out okay with the police station last night.

Some people can be real jerks about their cars. Not me, it's just a car :confused3 I'm just not that obsessive about my vehicles. If someone wants to hit it, well, that's what insurance is for.

I'm glad that Matt's dad went to help him out.

I think it's a good thing that he went to the police. Much safer for Matt that way. He can't be accused of all kinds of things then.

Rick once had a very minor accident, a girl walked in front of his car at a stoplight and he tapped into her. I was in the car with him, this was when he was a teenager. The girl didn't so much as break her stride as she was walking. He opened the door and called out to ask her if she was okay but she didn't even acknowledge him :confused3 The police station was about a block away and she walked straight to the police station :rolleyes2

We had a police cruiser show up at the door and the guy was quite nasty. Said Rick could be charged with hit and run. What the heck..... the girl left the scene first. Oh well, worked out in the end.

I hope Matt's feeling better today Kim :wizard:

Kim, I agree about him staying in a motel by the airport. I even suggested it to him.

There is a shuttle bus he could have taken to the airport and then I could have picked up our travel companions today and met him there. :confused3

I guess it all happened so fast, he didn't take the time to think it through properly.

tiggerwannabe said:
~I just shared this one over on the contest board and thought I'd repost it here :)~

CruiseVaca044.jpg

~It's my hidden Mickey from Castaway Cay~

Colleen, that is a beautiful picture with the hidden Mickey's.

Here is a picture that Liz took last summer of a flower in her garden in the backyard. It looks just like there is a little fairy sitting in the middle of the flower. :)

ef534782.jpg

Good Morning TKers!

Robin,
:wave: Have a good trip and enjoy your week....Tell Rick good luck in the flying comp....Is he in it or just watching?....
Anyway have fun! :wizard:

We are working on the house...or should I say with all the rain we are getting today..."We are working IN the house" :rolleyes:
Cant complain too much, it has been soo nice the last week...Ill take a rain day..........IF I MUST! :smooth:

Havea good one everybody! :wave:

Oh and Robin,
Your flower pic. is :rotfl2: "Fairy nice"..... :rotfl:

Hi Betsy. Rick is just a spectator in this competition but one of our good friends is flying in it.

I'm glad you like the picture. I thought Liz had edited to put a fairy in the middle but it is actually the way the flower looks :)

Enjoy your rain day Betsy. Looks like a nice day here with a chance of rain later. We had a major thunderstorm last night. It just poured and poured :umbrella:

Well, I'm off very soon so this will be my fairwell post. :wave:

Everyone enjoy their week and I will catch up when I can :moped:

Kiminy, I hope things are better with Matt today...

Poor kid, it's hard enough for them to deal with normality without some jerkoff getting in his face.

I love the Fairy in the flower...

I know Robin's gone now but P&PD for an awesome trip~

Betsy, it's crappy here too...

Cold to the bone, rainy...icky~

The flowers are lovin it but I had to cancel a portrait shoot cause it was supposed to be outside.

A Big Hey to all you globetrekking TKers out there...

It's awfully quiet around here without you...

and the MIA tkers...Cally ,Kelly, BP and all you other lurkers - LYMI!!!

c.

Hello everyone... :wave:

Love the flower pictures! That hidden mickey is pretty cool!

Kim, sorry to hear about Matt's ordeal. Some people are real jerks! It's a very good thing you got a police report. I use to work in the claims dept for auto insurance company and I can't stress enough how important a police report is regardless how minor the accident is.

I'm glad to hear everyone is ok.

Robin have funnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn :wave:

knock knock [whispering]Anybody home? :confused3

Sure is quiet in here today. ;)

:wave: Robin! Have a great trip! :cool1:

Well, it was after 4:30am by the time I got to bed. It took Matt a while. First, the police station I called said to come to their station, but the shopping center is technically in 2 suburbs and the accident took place in the other suburb so, another trip to another station. He said everyone was nice, at both stations tho. They almost weren't even going to file anything, because Matt didn't really have anything, and the other guy didn't report it, but they took the info he had.

Matt got a call from the guy's passenger today and she said they couldn't find even a scratch.

I hope this guy feels like an idiot, but those types normally don't. :rolleyes2

So, everything's fine. :teeth: My brother still doesn't know tho. :rolleyes1

Thanks everyone. :grouphug:

I was really laid back today. Took a couple of naps so I guess I was literally laid back. :rotfl2: Watched Brokeback Mountain this afternoon. I don't see what the big deal was, award-wise. :confused3 It was a so-so movie. Tonight I watched Click, Clack Moos that Type, something like that, with Kelly. It's those animated movies where they read the books to kids. Another no biggie, but she liked it. ;)

My system must be off today, with those crazy hours, and I'm kinda tired already. I might head up and fall asleep watching another movie.

Have a great Sunday everyone! :sunny: :wave:

Kim So sorry to hear about Matt's accident, but so glad it was minor.
It was nice of the other car's passenger to call and let you know nothing was wrong with the car. :) What a jerk that driver must have been! :furious:

:wave:

Hi guys...good news Kim...like bunchkin said, at least the passenger was nice enough to call and reassure you that there was no damage.

I gotta work today, I'm just checkin in befire my shower...

hi all :wave:
kim, glad to hear all is well after the fender-bender. people can be jerks sometimes.
"click-clack moo, cows that type," really cute book. never saw the animated movie. :)
mary

Thank you Nicole, Colleen, Cally & Mary! :goodvibes

Hopefully, Matt learned a few things from this: Don't get sooo close to someone, even at a stop light; Do the Right Thing; and, People can be idiot jerks. :furious:

Colleen? Work on Sunday? :guilty: BLECH!

Yes Mary! That was it! Thank you! :teeth: It was narrated by Randy Travis. I guess he gave it that 'country' feeling. ;)

So, where's Betsy today? :confused3 Busy with the GKs I suppose. :goodvibes

We KNOW where Robin is! :yay:

Anyone else having a hard time staying inside to do cleaning, laundry whatever, when it's been so nice out? I know I'm having trouble getting any help! :rotfl: Maybe that's a good thing tho, hmmmmm - no one around to bug me while I do it. ;) I didn't get to the vacuuming tho today. :blush:

Tomorrow I'm having the permanent crown done on my molar. What fun. :rolleyes: Followed with a softball meeting for Kelly where she'll get her Yankees jersey (BOOOOOOO, HISSSSSSS! j/k) and maybe new pants. Her old ones probably fit, but might be too short, as she tends to sprout Up, never out. :confused3 Hopefully, she'll be blessed to continue that trend. :teeth:

Well, have a great last week of April everyone! :sunny: :thumbsup2 Merry Monday to all of you early risers! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter