Why Do I Throw Up After Eating Beef??***UPDATE Pg. 2***

Disfan1

<font color=cc66cc>See, I'm already getting ahead
:confused:Last Wednesday, I threw up after eating hamburgers for dinner. I had chicken for dinner Thursday - didn't throw up. Friday: roast beef sandwich - threw it up. Saturday: steak fajitas - threw those up. Sunday: Orange chicken - didn't throw up. Sunday night snack: 2 Krystals - threw those up. Monday: Hot wings - didn't throw up. What is going on? Do I have some weird stomach flu that only makes me sick when I eat beef?!? Sometimes I have felt feverish/queasy but not like I have experienced with other flu bugs. :confused:

Maybe you have developed an allergy? I really have no idea, maybe google it. Sorry to be so unhelpful. I hope you can figure it out.

What's confusing me is I had burgers Tuesday night & didn't throw up. Could an allergy literally develop overnight? :confused3

One thought: Gall bladder problems/gall stones. Fatty foods can inflame the gall bladder.
Second thought: All the "beef" meals you've described also have rolls/wrap/bread of some kind. Perhaps something in there bothers you.

When my gall bladder stopped working (long story), I was sick after eating. I was surviving on Life cereal and toast. Anything fatty or hard to digest made me ill. The worst? Chili. I thought I was going to die. If you have gall stones, but an otherwise functioning gall bladder, beef might be one of the things your body won't tolerate right now. I would suggest seeing a doctor if this continues. Try avoiding beef completely for a while, then try having small amounts and see how you do.

I would go with a possible gall bladder issue.

Several WDW trips ago, DW and I dined our first night at Ohana's at the Poly, we sampled everything twice!!!!

a few hours later, she got sick, and then it got worse!!

called a doctor to the room and got some meds, he diagnoised a possible gall bladder attack, and confirmed that it can happen just that fast.

Got back home and she went for a Dr. Visit, and sure enough, that was the problem. No fried foods or GREASY foods. The grease and fat in the beef was suspected to be the cause of her major discomfort!

Chicken, fish, and lean pork dishes, not so bad!

(had to have the operation!)

You could try very lean beef like flank steak or round to see if those bother you. I know that I had problems until my gall bladder was removed. Now I can eat pretty much anything. Unfortunately. :)

Hmmm...interesting. But there is no pain and I had fried hot wings tonight but no vomiting. I have noticed a small gland on my neck is a little swollen so I am still leaning toward a stomach bug. I will probably stick with chicken for the rest of the week and see the Dr. if I'm not better by then or if I develop new symptoms.

well, I think that after the second expulsion or so, a visit to the medical facilities would be my top priority!

All I know is I would kill to be able to eat those foods & still manage to lose the 20 lbs in your ticker. Good for you on the weight loss while previously keeping the food down.

Do you get heartburn at all? Beef is one of my trigger foods for GERD, and I usually throw it up each time I try and eat it.

My mom was allergic to meat like that as a child. Threw up after dinner just about every night, and had to deal with a very angry father.

She could eat it as an adult, when we were still omnivorous (I went veggie then she and stepdad did a year or so later), though.

But she did develop a seafood allergy all at once. Could eat seafood one time...then could drastically NOT next time she had it. Which was on her honeymoon to her second husband. Not fun!

TMI I know so look away if you must;) but I get diarrhea after eating beef, just doesn't agree with me so maybe it is that simple...

That is definitely a symptom of gall bladder disease. I know, becaue I have it too.

You should also consider what was on or with the burger. It may not have been the beef.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter