• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Why Not Now? Reaching weight loss and fitness goals in 2016--All Welcome!

I was down 1.2lbs this week which is my smallest loss yet this year. This is when the mind games set in for me since I stayed within my calories everyday this week and followed my workout plan. I know 1.2 is still a good loss for the week but with having bigger losses over the last few weeks I was expecting more. My goal on here was 8lbs even though I was really hoping for 10lbs. My total loss for this month is 9.8lbs. So close to 10lbs!

I have a all day scrapbooking crop on Sunday which is going to be very hard to stay within my calories for the day since it is catered. Breakfast is set up when we get there and is muffin and danish with tea and coffee. I think I will either eat a quick breakfast before I leave or throw a bar in my bag and just have a good cup of coffee there. Lunch is premade sandwiches, salads but not just the garden salad kind (potato, pasta...) and usually a veggie tray. I will aim to have a half of a sandwich and a load of veggies. Now dessert is going to be the hardest to ignore. They have a huge buffet style table covered in every kids of cake, squares and tarts you can imagine plus trays of cookies. In the past I have had probably 4 or 5 pieces even though they are small I will have to stick to one with another cup of coffee.

@pumpkinpatchquilter welcome and WTG on your loss so far! I think alot of people adjust their goals as they lose but from the sounds of it you will be there in no time for your trip.

Last edited:
Crashing the party! I wanted to lose 6 pounds in 2 months. I said "wanted" because I weighed in this morning weighing exactly the same as last week, so I just don't know how reasonable it will be. So frustrating! I feel like I don't have anybody to whine to about this, so I hope it is ok to vent a little here! :) Goal date is 4/26. I eat 1250 calories M-Thr, but eat more on weekends. It is the weekends that must be sabotaging me(sabotaging myself). I work out 6 days a week. Ugh.

Thanks for listening. :chat:

Happy Friday everyone! So sorry I can't check in every day! But I am thinking of ya'll and sending good vibes for each and everyone of you! I weighted in this morning and it was not good. I am getting so frustrated. I was up from last week. I am at 170.2 :( I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am exercising and I am eating right so I don't know. Some days I feel like giving up. But I know at some point the scale has to move in the right direction. Or at least I hope it will. I thought maybe I was doing too much cardio so I tried to cut that back and I don't know if that helped or not. Im just at a loss with what is happening with me. I am running Monday, Wednesday, Friday and my daughter and I are doing kickboxing on Tuesday, and Thursday. I was also running Saturday but now I am doing more weight training and resting on Sunday. Maybe I will switch it up a little more.

Keep up the good work everyone, ya'll are doing amazing!

@5xdisneyfans thank you for the welcome! I have about 25 pounds to lose and six months to lose it so I think I'll do ok. I'm more concerned that if I do succeed that I'll have to buy a new wardrobe! I have a few outfits for the trip but since we're going at the end of summer I'm holding off for most things until June or July at least. Although I noticed bathing suits are out in stores now which gives me the nervous sweats! LOL Even though I've lost quite a bit - gravity has worked its magic on me over the years and I'm still not excited about shopping for a swimsuit. :(

Happy Friday everyone! So sorry I can't check in every day! But I am thinking of ya'll and sending good vibes for each and everyone of you! I weighted in this morning and it was not good. I am getting so frustrated. I was up from last week. I am at 170.2 :( I don't know what I am doing wrong. I am exercising and I am eating right so I don't know. Some days I feel like giving up. But I know at some point the scale has to move in the right direction. Or at least I hope it will. I thought maybe I was doing too much cardio so I tried to cut that back and I don't know if that helped or not. Im just at a loss with what is happening with me. I am running Monday, Wednesday, Friday and my daughter and I are doing kickboxing on Tuesday, and Thursday. I was also running Saturday but now I am doing more weight training and resting on Sunday. Maybe I will switch it up a little more.

Keep up the good work everyone, ya'll are doing amazing!

Don't give up! That is what I tell myself at least. I think I am going to get a scale that measures Body Fat, and I will also record some body measurements (waist/hip). That way I am not relying solely on the scale for any signs of success!

So final ck in for Feb- down 1.5 lb for week and month. 6.5 for year. I was starting to think it would not budge again. Once i see the scale move, even a little, I am more motivated.

I have a short WDW trip next week that has me nervous. I usually gain about 4 lbs a week of staying there. This is 4 nights, not 7 but I really don't want to come home higher and have to keep redo the same loss. When I am there all my common sense just goes right out of the window when it comes to food. When we get back I have 2 birthdays that week at my home for which I will be cooking, ordering cake...I don't want the cake to trigger a full binge. I plan to order the smallest I can get away with, and I know I will want some but there will be none in my house after the party! Give away or in the garbage-just can not have it here.

I swear I'm still here! So when I posted a couple days ago, I was planning to come home from work and catch up. Well, at dismissal my neighbor called and let me know that our tree in the front yard fell and was on the lines between telephone pole. Oh, and a pole was leaning into the road. Seriously, I cannot make this up. DH was picking DSs up from school so I called him and by the time he got home (about 5 minutes) the police and fire department were here. The tree completely uprooted and just fell. I think the ground was saturated from our 11 inches of snow that melted plus it was very windy. Thankfully, it didn't fall on a house, cars, or people! To make a very long story short, the cable and power company trucks were here from 4 pm to 12:15 am. Our tree was cut off the lines first and thrown in our driveway and along our sidewalk. It was a massive mess. They had to remove the sheared pole and put a new one in due to the location of gas lines. DH called a tree company and they came yesterday to clean up everything, but they didn't have time to do the stump.

Unfortunately, I am a stress eater and I did not eat so well over the last few days. Dealing with the insurance company is also a headache which is causing more stress. I totally forgot to weigh in today because DS had to be at 8:00 church and I think I was in a sleepy fog this morning. I did really good eating today and a friend and I walked for an hour while DS was at soccer practice. It's 60 degrees and sunny in February in western PA. It was so nice getting outside!

My menu for the week is planned. We have lots of fruits and veggies in the house. I am getting back into an exercise routine this week. I will be checking in here more often. I can do this!

I'm so excited for all the losses since January! And, I'm even more excited for us to move into March.

Jill

Was down but only .2 more. argh! But I know where I fell short and can implement plans to move past that stuff in March I'd really like to see 8 lbs off for real the month. 37.5% towards that goal is just too low and I know I can do better.

Totals for month were 2/5 maintain/no loss, 2/12 2.2 loss, 2/19 .6 loss, 2/27 .2 loss. 3 lbs total for month.

I weighed in today after a rough week of stress eating. I am at 166.7, so I actually am up a pound since my last January weigh in. I actually am ok with that. I wasn't as focused and didn't stick to plan as I should have. So, I own it and move on toward March. I guess my starting weight for March will be 166.7. I would love to see 160, but I think I'll aim for a more realistic 4 pound loss.

Happy Leap Day! Hope everyone enjoyed something about the extra day!

Jill

I am .1 from my feb goal! I did not weigh today, instead taking one more day of February to try to shave that last tiny bit off. I'll weigh in the morning.

Assuming that last bit comes off, my March goal is 4 lbs. Otherwise it will be 4.1 lbs, because I am stubborn like that!

No such luck. So I'm 4.1 for March.

@ElenaJane Buck Naked girl! First thing in the morning!

I've been on this last tiny bit for a few weeks now. My problem is Aunt Flow. Only she's late. Very late. If she would show up, I'd probably drop to my March goal in 2 days!

Having a fat day. Feeling like I haven't lost anything. I really need some pants and attempted to try jeans on at Old Navy today. I should know better. Very few jeans fit my body type and of course they are not the fun funky ones :( There is a blizzard outside tonight so I will have to resist snacking all night. I got my walk in at the mall this morning before it opened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter