why people are always asking about In 'n Out

We dine *in the car* on some In N Out twice over Labor Day weekend ~ we stopped at both of the UT county *Provo/Orem area of UT* locations. I love those Animal fries!

Interesting survey. I had never heard of Five Guys before, but I checked their website and there is one in my area.

The Habit is new to our area, and it is suppossed to be fantastic. Haven't made it there yet.

Love In & Out. Be sure to read the bottom of your soda cups :-)

A Five Guys just opened up near us, I liked it, but like In & Out much better. Probably because I grew up with In & Out. :goodvibes

On my next trip down I-15 I plan to go to the Five Guys in Sandy, Ut, for lunch and the In & Out in Victorville, CA for dinner. It'll be a almost well designed taste test as to which is best.

Interesting survey. I had never heard of Five Guys before, but I checked their website and there is one in my area.

The Habit is new to our area, and it is suppossed to be fantastic. Haven't made it there yet.

I've never heard of The Habit before but I see there's one near CHOC which I take DS to every week so I'll have to go check it out sometime.

I know, isn't that cool? :goodvibes

On my next trip down I-15 I plan to go to the Five Guys in Sandy, Ut, for lunch and the In & Out in Victorville, CA for dinner. It'll be a almost well designed taste test as to which is best.

If it's close to the I-15, then I am going to consider it one of our stops along the way. Depending what time we are going by that area of course.

We just had a Five Guys go in by my house here in Washington. I have to say, they are truly amazing burgers and I crave them often. However, In N Out is still slightly better, in my opinion, and it is also about 3-4 dollars cheaper for a meal...and Five Guys has no shakes.

10 points for In N Out :thumbsup2
8.5 for Five Guys :rolleyes1

Ya I'm not a big fan of In & Out either. I just don't get the craze. Not that I'd rather have McD's, but Red Robin is so much better then In & Out. Altho I did enjoy the Animal Style fries I had there when DD22 was visiting. :) I'd rather go to Sonic personally, so much better and Sonic has tots! LOVE tots!! :)

Yup, In & Out is great. But once you try a burger from Five Guys, you'll never go back to In & Out!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Oh, I beg to differ. We just tried Five Guys for the first time (the new one at The Plant on Monterey and Curtner) and we really liked it. However, in an informal poll of the folks in my family, two would give the edge to Five Guys and two would give it to In-n-Out. So, i consider them different but even.

The overwhelming preference (3 to 1) was In-n-Out fries over Five Guys'

I felt this exact same way the first time I went to In & Out. The fries were all end pieces and were cold and hard. I thought they were horrible! I didn't go back for a few years because of that experience. I have tried again the last year or so and it wasn't quite the horrible experience I had the first time. But I still don't understand all they hype. Though my family loves them.

I have tried 5 Guys and I do like them much better. Though they are a bit pricey, you do get what you pay for in quality.

What are Animal Style fries? And to add what said about the Animal Style burger, they also add grilled diced onions (as opposed to fresh sliced) along with the extra sauce.

Animal Fries are fries with sauce (the thousand island type that's on the burgers), grilled onions, and cheese. Everything sticks together is a semisolid mass that you will either think is the best thing ever or the grossest thing ever! :laughing:

I don't like In and Out either. I don't like the fries or the burgers and I don't like what's on the bottom of the cups. There is one near my house and a McD's across the street. I always pick the McD's.
My co-worker and I were just talking about Five Guys and I really want to try that. We saw some pics posted on Yelp and wow did those burgers look good. If you look, check out the greasy bag picture. Love that.

If it's close to the I-15, then I am going to consider it one of our stops along the way. Depending what time we are going by that area of course.

DisneyStich- They are building a Five Guys right now in Airdrie along with a Nathans Famous. I heard its supposed to open the beginnning of next year. Its going to be right on the highway by the Walmart.

Yup, In & Out is great. But once you try a burger from Five Guys, you'll never go back to In & Out!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:
DW and I tried Five Guys, and actually it's Five Guys we'll never go back to. Fries were inedible, burger just so-so. And no shakes? Bzzzt!

Oh, I beg to differ. We just tried Five Guys for the first time (the new one at The Plant on Monterey and Curtner) and we really liked it. However, in an informal poll of the folks in my family, two would give the edge to Five Guys and two would give it to In-n-Out. So, i consider them different but even.

The overwhelming preference (3 to 1) was In-n-Out fries over Five Guys'

We were just there this past Saturday night! It was very good, but it was a little pricey. For two burgers, two fries, and two drinks, it cost us like $23. We can eat at In N Out for about half that.

Ya I'm not a big fan of In & Out either. I just don't get the craze. Not that I'd rather have McD's, but Red Robin is so much better then In & Out. Altho I did enjoy the Animal Style fries I had there when DD22 was visiting. :) I'd rather go to Sonic personally, so much better and Sonic has tots! LOVE tots!! :)

I refuse to go to Red Robin as they are ridiculously overpriced. You really can't compare a sit down restaurant to fast food prices.

DisneyStich- They are building a Five Guys right now in Airdrie along with a Nathans Famous. I heard its supposed to open the beginnning of next year. Its going to be right on the highway by the Walmart.

Well then, maybe I won't need to make it a must do if it's going to be so close! Funny, I had never even heard about it until today, and now I hear we are getting them close by.

Somehow I don't think any of these places could come close to Calgary's Peters Drive-In. Mmmmmm. Nothing can replace those burgers for me, I don't think.

IN and Out burger are the best burgers..... Came all the way from Australia to have one (Seriously My sister and I got off the plane, Checked in to the hotel and bee lined straght for Fullerton).

As people have said Chips are horrible but the double double is awesome.

We were just there this past Saturday night! It was very good, but it was a little pricey. For two burgers, two fries, and two drinks, it cost us like $23. We can eat at In N Out for about half that.

I refuse to go to Red Robin as they are ridiculously overpriced. You really can't compare a sit down restaurant to fast food prices.

Sure RR is overpriced, but IMO they aren't much more than an overpriced fast food place. LOL so yes, I can compare them. :) That said I don't go to RR much at all because it is overpriced. Like I said, I'd rather go to Sonic over In & Out OR RR anyday. :) (PS I wasn't comparing the prices, I was comparing the food itself, of course I&O is cheaper, that still doesn't mean I'd rather eat there. MHO of course so we will agree to disagree on this one :) )

So since I eat at In & Out maybe once a year will someone tell me what's on the bottom of the cups? lol

I think it's different for the locals who eat at IN-N-Out than the visitors. We loved In-N-Out, and it was the first time our kids really fell in love with burgers. Until then they didn't care for them. We also loved Sonic, when we were stopping for lunch in a town that had one just off the I-5 somewhere in CA. Loved their slushies, and had to be the best one I've ever had. We liked the 50's feel of IN-N-OUT, as we are vintage vehicle nuts.

OK, fellow Disboarders...in the interest of research (yeah, right! more like, "in the interest of getting my Animal Fries fix" :rotfl:), I got dinner from In n Out tonight. So, here's my visual aid...behold...ANIMAL FRIES!!!:

animalfries.jpg

(These are a bit different than the usual Animal Fries, as I had them leave off the onions & put on extra sauce, but, you get the general idea, I'm sure...)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter