why people are always asking about In 'n Out

DW and I tried Five Guys, and actually it's Five Guys we'll never go back to. Fries were inedible, burger just so-so. And no shakes? Bzzzt!

Your not alone that you would like them to have shakes. But do you know why they don't?

Do you know that if you get a milk shake, it is different than a shake?

If a restaurant doesn't use the word milk, it is using a mix that uses clay as the thickener instead of milk. Weird but true and that how they make them cheap.

OK, fellow Disboarders...in the interest of research (yeah, right! more like, "in the interest of getting my Animal Fries fix" :rotfl:), I got dinner from In n Out tonight. So, here's my visual aid...behold...ANIMAL FRIES!!!:

animalfries.jpg

(These are a bit different than the usual Animal Fries, as I had them leave off the onions & put on extra sauce, but, you get the general idea, I'm sure...)

Spacemermaid I was going to try them at the threads mass approval of the animal style, but now I'm not sure. I'll take your picture with a grain of salt since you said you asked for extra dressing, and see what I feel when I am ordering.

^ They don't normally have even half that much dressing on them...when I asked for extra, they really poured it on :laughing:

And if you want to try Five Guys while visiting Disneyland, there's one about 6 or 7 miles from the resort area.

Five Guys Tuskatella
1549 E Katella
Orange

I tried this today. At 12:30 the line to get in was like a Disneyland line. There were 30-40 people lined up outside trying to get in. At 2:30 the line was short. I had a cheeseburger with mushrooms, Tangy Fries, and a cherry coke. $11 It was Pretty good, very sloppy, but not quite worth twice the cost of In-N-Out.

^ They don't normally have even half that much dressing on them...when I asked for extra, they really poured it on :laughing:

Oh yeah I understand.:thumbsup2 I'll just watch for somone eating them when I go in before I order some for myself.

I think IN and OUT is pretty over rated.

Its ok definitely not fantastic, I do not think.

Load the fries up with the salt and then they are pretty good.

I don't like In and Out either. I don't like the fries or the burgers and I don't like what's on the bottom of the cups. There is one near my house and a McD's across the street. I always pick the McD's.
My co-worker and I were just talking about Five Guys and I really want to try that. We saw some pics posted on Yelp and wow did those burgers look good. If you look, check out the greasy bag picture. Love that.

Love 5 Guys!!!! So delicious!!!!!!

Red Robin Has the Bonzai Burger which is my favorite when I eat there.

We do not have an In and Out nearby...

I know it's all opinion but I can't imagine how anyone can prefer a McDonald's burger over any other burger. As far as burgers go I prefer Five Guys with In & Out as a super-close (almost indistinguishable margin) second and probably Steak & Shake 3rd. The only burger I ever had that was worse than McDonald's was the burgers they had at my Middle School cafeteria and those were boiled (no kidding). On the rare chance I ever go to McDonald's I only order chicken.

I know it's all opinion but I can't imagine how anyone can prefer a McDonald's burger over any other burger.
As for Fast Food, I do prefer McDonalds. 2nd - Burger King, 3rd - Carls Jr, 4th - Jack in the Box. We don't have an In & Out locally so I don't get one very often so I don't include it in my list but my guess is that it would be #2 or #3.

I really love In-N-Out burgers and although the fries aren't fantastic, the low price of their meals make it well worth it to have such a nice, fresh, delicious burger. Sonic is probably my favorite burger chain, though. Their burgers are good and their side items and drinks are amazing and unique. They have the BEST onion rings, hands down, plus they offer things like loaded tater tots, banana cream pie shakes (you will never be the same after one of these), and many different flavors of slushies (you can combine flavors to make your own if you want!).

If you live in the Bay Area, though, the best burgers and shakes to be had are at Val's on the border between Hayward and Castro Valley (B Street). Make sure if you get one to eat it right away. Delicious!

Oooo an thread about in an out!! My FAVORITE burger place!

And yes mtt, spacermaid is correct you need to try the fries animal style! Its nothing like you ever eaten! Its soo good!! I always get my fries like that…

*high five* spacermaid!

I just tried Five Guys two weeks ago and was disappointed. The burger was a greasy mess that fell apart and the bun wasn't very good. It was also much more expensive. I'm not having another burger until I get to in n out when I arrive in OC in three weeks. :cool1: I definitely prefer in n out. Its a good quality fresh tasting burger at a good price. I tried animal fries for the first time last December and loved them. The shakes are also better than most fast food places (I'll make Sonic the exception-good shakes there!).

I'm not really sure why everyone asks about it...lol...it was our only big disappointment on the trip! I had heard on here about how great it was, so I made my husband go one night in Carlsbad...and it wasn't good. At all. I was surprised because everybody raves. I was expecting diner type burgers, not little fast food ones. They had zero flavor and the fries were even worse!!

Sorry, but we wouldn't go back!

Sure RR is overpriced, but IMO they aren't much more than an overpriced fast food place. LOL so yes, I can compare them. :) That said I don't go to RR much at all because it is overpriced. Like I said, I'd rather go to Sonic over In & Out OR RR anyday. :) (PS I wasn't comparing the prices, I was comparing the food itself, of course I&O is cheaper, that still doesn't mean I'd rather eat there. MHO of course so we will agree to disagree on this one :) )

So since I eat at In & Out maybe once a year will someone tell me what's on the bottom of the cups? lol

It reads: Proverbs 3:5
:goodvibes

I order my In & Out fries well-done. They're really good! I also like supporting a family-owned business that isn't a huge franchise. They know where their meat comes from and the fries are made right in front of me.

Yup, In & Out is great. But once you try a burger from Five Guys, you'll never go back to In & Out!!!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

You are so right. I had never been to In & Out, and got a chance to try it recently. It was okay. Five Guys beats them all hands down.:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter