why people are always asking about In 'n Out

Okay, after all this discussion I had to try the animal style fries. Definitely good, but for the price tag ($3 and some change), I will save myself the calories from now on.

Oh, and you HAVE to try the cheeseburger animal style, protein style! Soooo good, even if you aren't watching calories/carbs!

Funball: high fives back! Animal Fries ROCK! They need to put an In n Out within walking distance to the Park...maybe it could replace a certain buffet that has inedible food (not mentioning any names here, but I will say that it has a...pirate-y theme)...the owner would be a billionaire after the first year! :rotfl:

dxcspilk: the lettuce-for-a-bun IS good!!!

That is a good question. Because although I do like that restaurant, I do not like it as much as some do. I like their chocolate shakes the best though.
My hamburgers and fries are way better in comparison. Seriously.

It reads: Proverbs 3:5
:goodvibes

Thank You

Google brought up this:

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding."

Not sure I want or need a Bible reference on my In & Out cup. Thanks for posting the saying, I have a Bible (actually 2 or 3) but it's all the way across the room. :)

Funball: high fives back! Animal Fries ROCK! They need to put an In n Out within walking distance to the Park...maybe it could replace a certain buffet that has inedible food (not mentioning any names here, but I will say that it has a...pirate-y theme)...the owner would be a billionaire after the first year! :rotfl:

dxcspilk: the lettuce-for-a-bun IS good!!!

Animal Fries are good, I did really enjoy the fries we had but the burgers were not that great. And when I had the regular fries I didn't care for those at all. I do agree that In & Out would be 100% better then the place you are referring to spacemermaid! LOL

It will be my first time having In 'N Out when we go to DLR in October! I can't wait! :)

I hear WHATABURGER is suppose to be the place to go...

tried to get there when I was in Texas but never made it...

I think the key with In and Out's fries are to get them when they're "just out of the fryer hot". Once they cool down at all, they do lose their appeal.

when i moved to california last year i loved in-n-out. But lately it doesnt seem as good as it used to be. I think it's just lost its appeal to me. I'm taking an in-n-out break for a while.

I've never heard of The Habit before but I see there's one near CHOC which I take DS to every week so I'll have to go check it out sometime

We LOVE Habit. There is one right around the corner form our house. We think its better than five guys and in-n-out. The burgers are pretty big as well and not too expensive. I can never finish a burger from there.

I agree about their fries. The aroma of the frying onions and beef that comes from their restaurant to the outside, and wafts across your nose, does smell good though. I find the scent to be tastier though, from the actual foodie product.

I remember when i&o came to our neck of the woods here in NorCal. I had heard all of the accolades from people who had been going to them for years elsewhere. Like many I was psyched to finally be able to taste one for myself. Major Disappointment! The burger was okay, and i got it animal style). Like for many on here, I thought the fries were the worst I had even eaten. And I spent 25 years in the military and have had fries from all over the world, chowhall included. Been there quite a few times now because the kids like it there but it is my last choice for fast food burgers.

I do agree that In & Out would be 100% better then the place you are referring to spacemermaid! LOL

Oh, pretty much anything would be better than that place; lettuce should be green, and shouldn't have a "skin" (like on non-instant pudding...YUCK!!!). And scrambled eggs shouldn't look like old, hardened yellow Play-Doh that fell between the cushions in the couch... :lmao:

I have never been inside *that* restaurant, thank goodness. Do they survive on first-time visitor business alone? I can't imagine they'd get repeat business :)

We've had In and Out twice and both times were horrible. We thought the first time was just a fluke because of all the good things we've heard. On the other hand, we tried Five Guys for the first time yesterday and it was AWESOME! It was pretty spendy though. We spent about $8 more than we normally would eating out at a fast food place, but then we didn't realize that we were ordering double burgers, so that probably upped the price a bit. :goodvibes

I have never been inside *that* restaurant, thank goodness. Do they survive on first-time visitor business alone? I can't imagine they'd get repeat business :)

Welllllll....I would assume so. The only reasons I went there:

1. I hadn't discovered the Disboards yet, so I had no one to warn me about the place!

2. There was an employee standing out in front, giving out coupons.

3. I had been on a bus for about 10 hours, and, whilst I THOUGHT I would've eaten "anything" at that point, it simply was not true...the food at THAT place was inedible! :sick:

But back on the original topic...

...I haven't seen anyone mention the Neapolitan shake. It's a shake with layers of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, and is soooo yummy!

...I haven't seen anyone mention the Neapolitan shake. It's a shake with layers of chocolate, vanilla, and strawberry, and is soooo yummy!

Oh yum! That brings back memories, of neopolitan ice cream ... had that all the time when I was kid.

But back on the original topic...

From In n' out? Is this part of their secret menu? Sounds so good!

From In n' out? Is this part of their secret menu? Sounds so good!

Yes :thumbsup2 - part of their "secret" menu is actually posted on their website, but I found a different site that lists much more (such as the neapolitan shake), here it is:

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a "6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and sometimes pickles.

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties cooked medium rare, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like 'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and sauce on a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese.

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

Yes :thumbsup2 - part of their "secret" menu is actually posted on their website, but I found a different site that lists much more (such as the neapolitan shake), here it is:

"3-by-3" = three meat patties and three slices of cheese.

"4-by-4" = four meat patties and four slices of cheese.

"2-by-4" = two meat patties and four slices of cheese.

*Note: You can get a burger with as many meat patties or cheese slices as you want. Just tell the In-N-Out Burger cashier how many meat patties and how much cheese you want and that is what you'll get! For instance, if you want 6 pieces of meat and 10 pieces of cheese tell them you want a "6-by-10."

"Double Meat" = like a Double Double without cheese.

"3 by Meat" = three meat patties and no cheese.

"Animal Style" = the meat is cooked and fried with mustard and then pickles are added, extra spread and grilled onions are added.

"Animal Style Fries" = fries with cheese, spread, grilled onions and sometimes pickles.

"Protein Style" = for all you low-carbohydrate dieters, this is a burger with no bun (wrapped in lettuce).

"Flying Dutchman" = two meat patties cooked medium rare, two slices of melted cheese and nothing else - not even a bun!

Fries "Well-Done" = extra crispy fries . . . even better than the regular!

Fries "Light" = opposite of fries well-done, more raw than most people like 'em

"Grilled Cheese" = no meat, just melted cheese, tomato, lettuce and sauce on a bun.

"Veggie Burger" = burger without the patty or cheese.

"Neapolitan" Shake = strawberry, vanilla and chocolate blended together.

Thanks! My boys get a special treat once a week and yesterday I surprised them by getting the neapolitan shake. They loved it!!!
Protein style burger sounds yummy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter