Will Disney Soon Be Moving To Regular Capacity?

According to articles in Chip & Company, Chapek stated that park reservations and virtual queus are here to stay post-pandemic. He is also pushing for full opening by end of Quarter 4 which is end of September, before the 50th anniversary begins and said we should see masks gone by summer and everything back to full capacity by end of Sept. I'm going Christmas week so hoping that is true BUT would like to see fast passes and dining plan come back if that's the case.

End of quarter four is the end of the year. Q3 is over at the end of September.

sorry...poster was right.. the fiscal year 4th q) ends end of sept. Look it up.
The Company's fiscal year end is on the Saturday closest to September 30 and consists of fifty-two weeks with the exception that approximately every six year, we have a fifty-three week year.

The interesting thing about Park Pass is that it allows Disney to "force" Guests to specific park, allowing them to more efficiently determine staffing and transportation at all parks.
Is that true? If every park is always at full capacity (as it is now) what does it matter? No reservations to any park for the next month.

Is that true? If every park is always at full capacity (as it is now) what does it matter? No reservations to any park for the next month.
The parks are not at full capacity. Disney has artificially limited capacity due to COVID.

That's the point of having park reservations full. Disney knows exactly how many Guests will be at each park next month and can staff accordingly.

Last edited:

The parks are not at full capacity. Disney has artificially limited capacity due to COVID.

That's the point of having no park reservations available. Disney knows exactly how many Guests will be at each park next month and can staff accordingly.

Disney also doesnt have the staff to increase capacity.

According to articles in Chip & Company, Chapek stated that park reservations and virtual queus are here to stay post-pandemic. He is also pushing for full opening by end of Quarter 4 which is end of September, before the 50th anniversary begins and said we should see masks gone by summer and everything back to full capacity by end of Sept. I'm going Christmas week so hoping that is true BUT would like to see fast passes and dining plan come back if that's the case.
sorry...poster was right.. the fiscal year 4th q) ends end of sept. Look it up.
The Company's fiscal year end is on the Saturday closest to September 30 and consists of fifty-two weeks with the exception that approximately every six year, we have a fifty-three week year.
Disney's fiscal year runs October to September.

This year, the significance of October 1 is WDW's 50th anniversary.

Almost certainly, corporate Disney wants WDW back to "the new normal" for the 50th. (Specifically, no masks but Pass Passes for the foreseeable future.)

Its going to help it yes, its not going to solve anything. They are down thousands if not 10s of thousands of workers right now.
And they are down tens-of-thousands of Guests every day, with 5 hotels with no announced opening dates. Right now, they don’t need old staffing levels.

Based on his comments from Monday, Disney CEO Bob Chapek loves Park Passes. They are not going away anytime soon.

And he hates Annual Pass Holders. They are going to be limited to 3 park reservations for the foreseeable future.

Don’t forget that about 20% of Disney’s theme park attendance is international. They are not coming back anytime soon.

Combined together, this means fewer Guests at the parks. This means Disney needs less staff.

Last edited:
And they are down tens-of-thousands of Guests every day, with 5 hotels with no announced opening dates. Right now, they don’t need old staffing levels.

Based on his comments from Monday, Disney CEO Bob Chapek loves Park Passes. They are not going away anytime soon.

And he hates Annual Pass Holders. They are going to be limited to 3 park reservations for the foreseeable future.

Don’t forget that about 20% of Disney’s theme park attendance is international. They are not coming back anytime soon.

Combined together, this means fewer Guests at the parks. This means Disney needs less staff.
I mean, the debate on staff can go both ways. they dont need the staffing now, because they arent at full capacity, but one of the reasons they might not be at full capacity, is because they arent fully staffed. see what i mean?

there is obviously pent up demand, there is basically no park availability for the next month. if there were, then its a different story.

If Disney were to keep this park reservation system, they would have to open to capacity or change the description of their AP's. Description currently states blocked out dates for each Tier. Technically they are incorrect. If I wanted to go today, I can't, hence I am blocked out.

If Disney were to keep this park reservation system, they would have to open to capacity or change the description of their AP's. Description currently states blocked out dates for each Tier. Technically they are incorrect. If I wanted to go today, I can't, hence I am blocked out.
But you had the option to do so if the calendar wasn’t grey vs when the calendar showed green for AP but my sister was prompted that she didn’t have valid ticket media because it was a “black out date”

it’s confusing and complicated and really sucks for us locals who work during the week and have to plan ahead for weekend trips weeks in advance and than prey for good weather and no shift changes

I can't imagine a park reservation system would be well liked by the consumer as a permanent thing...but i'm learning they dont care anymore.

People had no issue booking their fast pass 60 days out which is basically picking your park.
Except that you could also pick your top 3 rides too (subject to tiering restrictions of course). Now you’re picking your park without a guarantee of getting on just one of your favorite rides which is bound to be almost everyone else’s favorite ride with a low wait.

People had no issue booking their fast pass 60 days out which is basically picking your park.
no its not, you could also change your fast passes up a lot easier.

Ive also had issues with selecting what rides i want to ride, on what day i want to, 60 days out. its too much planning, its too rigid. choosing a park, is one step farther.

Except that you could also pick your top 3 rides too (subject to tiering restrictions of course). Now you’re picking your park without a guarantee of getting on just one of your favorite rides which is bound to be almost everyone else’s favorite ride with a low wait.
i have 3 days selected at DHS in hopes we get on Rise....realistically wed only do 2, but we're booked for a 3rd day in case we dont get on it the first 2.....its frustrating.

i have 3 days selected at DHS in hopes we get on Rise....realistically wed only do 2, but we're booked for a 3rd day in case we dont get on it the first 2.....its frustrating.

On my recent trip we booked 2 HS mornings in case of Rise. We did get on the first day, but it was such a pain we didn't want to fool with it on day 2. I went to MK City hall and asked if they could change our Park Pass to AK and they did. This was probably because we were giving up the most desireable one, but they did accommodate us. Rise is great - it's just not worth the hassle.

Last edited:
Based on his statements earlier this week, Chapek clearly does not value Annual Pass Holders. I forget his exact words but Disney collects significantly less revenue per APH visit.

The Annual Pass Holder program as we know it is gone forever at DLR. It’s on life support at WDW.

But as long as Chapek can have APHs fighting among each other to book their 3 Park Pass days, he can set APH park capacity at whatever he feels is most profitable for Disney. :(

Based on his comments, Chapek appears to plan to keep Park Pass even after WDW returns to normal operations.

Based on his statements earlier this week, Chapek clearly does not value Annual Pass Holders. I forget his exact words but Disney collects significantly less revenue per APH visit.

The Annual Pass Holder program as we know it is gone forever at DLR. It’s on life support at WDW.

But as long as Chapek can have APHs fighting among each other to book their 3 Park Pass days, he can set APH park capacity at whatever he feels is most profitable for Disney. :(

Based on his comments, Chapek appears to plan to keep Park Pass even after WDW returns to normal operations.

Dead on and brilliantly elaborated.

The way he is taking advantage of covid is pretty astonishing and brazen. They are essentially using it as a reason and catalyst to end the entire AP program(confirmed in land and almost certainly WDW), end Magical Express, End fastpass as we knew it, I am going to even throw in parking fees and dining plan changes. I am wondering at what point this community has said they have had enough? But the sad truth is, they are going to fill the parks with or without us(enthusiasts). They know that, they have surveyed and gameplanned it. So essentially this is their shot and they are taking it. Time will tell if they are able to pull this off and come through unscathed.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter