• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Wine and Dine 2015

I wish it wasn't so much cheaper for me to plan my trip or I'd be doing the GSC. They all require a moderate resort. Humph.

I wish it wasn't so much cheaper for me to plan my trip or I'd be doing the GSC. They all require a moderate resort. Humph.

My friends just got a GSC bib with a Value hotel (POP) from Jim Stone/Acclaim over the weekend.

Also, if you have nerves of steel and don't mind waiting until after PoT, some TAs will sell bibs that they've had cancellations, etc., on without a hotel room (if they've met their hotel block requirement). I bought in to PDC last year about a month out (ended up "deferring" to this year), and was not required to book a hotel since they needed to move the bib.

I know a group that may have bibs for Princess.

Also if you signed up through a group after POT you just put it in when you fill out your active information.

Alright I just got the email from RunDisney talking about the race and weather and blah blah. Pardon my teenage language, but I thought it was lame. It provided no new information and served solely to provide more support for their decision and probably ignore our emails. And it sounds like even though we ran about 7 miles, they are timing it as a 10k instead of taking the measurement. I wasn't even that upset that they had to modify it, but that email just bugged me for some reason.
I remember getting to around mile 2 of W&D and telling my friends, "YOU GUYS THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST PROOF OF TIME EVER! CORRAL A FOR EVERYONE!" I guess runDisney caught on... I still haven't seen anything from them about what the actual official distance was.

My friends just got a GSC bib with a Value hotel (POP) from Jim Stone/Acclaim over the weekend.

Also, if you have nerves of steel and don't mind waiting until after PoT, some TAs will sell bibs that they've had cancellations, etc., on without a hotel room (if they've met their hotel block requirement). I bought in to PDC last year about a month out (ended up "deferring" to this year), and was not required to book a hotel since they needed to move the bib.

When I tried with that company they didn't give me that option. I must have gotten someone more interested in their commission. Boo to that.

I don't mind about PoT all that much, or my name on the bib. I wish my nerves were that good though. Maybe I'll use that tip for the dark side challenge because I doubt that half will get sold out (not a good idea having it Boston marathon weekend). I kind of talked myself into the idea of being a legacy and being part of an inaugural race. There's always 2017 for that pink c2c because there are now three different c2c medals. The real issue is I want to do them all right away haha. I promised myself I'd save my legs and money for a fancy 2018 goofy challenge trip.

I remember getting to around mile 2 of W&D and telling my friends, "YOU GUYS THIS IS GOING TO BE THE BEST PROOF OF TIME EVER! CORRAL A FOR EVERYONE!" I guess runDisney caught on... I still haven't seen anything from them about what the actual official distance was.
On the results page for this years W&D
Due to the inclement weather and for the safety of the participants, the altered route distance was 6.72 miles.
My Garmin had me running 6.71, which is shocking since it never seems to be right during a race.

I didn't even get the email. :( I had emailed runDisney about not getting emails before leaving for the race and they basically responded and said I could view the emails on the website (they are not all there, only the very first one) and that I needed to contact some other group to request assistance for signing up for the emails. :rolleyes: I know how to sign up for a mailing list. I was getting mails from them right up until the email that the Tinker Bell registration was opening the next day... then nothing. :mad:

Can someone post the text of the email, or PM it to me?
Thank you for participating in the 2015 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. We heard that some of our runners had questions about the race, which was delayed and shortened because of inclement weather and lightning in the area. As a race team, we had been monitoring weather conditions continuously on Saturday and due to conditions in the area we modified the course for the safety of our runners and spectators.

We appreciate the effort you put into preparing for the 2015 Disney Wine & Dine Half Marathon. While we are equally disappointed in not being able to provide a complete half marathon experience, we are thankful our runners were able to complete the modified course safely.

All Coast to Coast Challenge participants are eligible to receive their medals, and all runners' proof of time will count toward a 10K distance option for other runDisney events.

Our runDisney team has a passion for putting on magical running events where participants can make their dreams come true and achieve their personal best. While weather is out of our control, we take necessary precautions to keep our runners and Guests safe. We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused you and hope you will consider running with us again.

I wonder if they are going to go back and re adjust all the times using the average pace per mile for those that want the 10k as a PoT? I would expect not.

I don't think that there's anything wrong with the email. I will say that having the Wine and Dine count as a 10k PoT when it's 1/2 a mile longer makes little sense for anyone unless they don't plan on running any races outside of Disney for a PoT but beyond that it seems about as much as you can expect.

Agreed. I can run a 10K about 20 minutes faster than my W&D time. Even if they had done a calculation to extrapolate an actual 10K time from these results, it would have been much slower than what I'm capable of in a local race. My pace was probably 2:30 off what I can do under optimal conditions. When I realized the distance was shortened, my mindset went right to "fun run" instead of stressing about my split times.

This is kind of a long shot, but I'm striking out with Google searches and hoping maybe someone here has a better memory than I do. At the expo, there was a vendor that was selling natural body care products--soaps, lotions, etc. What really caught my eye was that they had natural deodorants. I think they were on the right side of the first aisle as you headed toward the pickup area for the race shirts. When I walked by, the booth was pretty busy, so I kind of made a mental note to come back after I hit Raw Threads and Sparkle Skirts, but once my hubby caught up with me he wanted to get out of the expo and head to the parks and I never did make it back. I was hoping to track them down online and maybe make a purchase, but I can't find a list of expo vendors anywhere. Anyone have any idea about the name of this vendor?

This is kind of a long shot, but I'm striking out with Google searches and hoping maybe someone here has a better memory than I do. At the expo, there was a vendor that was selling natural body care products--soaps, lotions, etc. What really caught my eye was that they had natural deodorants. I think they were on the right side of the first aisle as you headed toward the pickup area for the race shirts. When I walked by, the booth was pretty busy, so I kind of made a mental note to come back after I hit Raw Threads and Sparkle Skirts, but once my hubby caught up with me he wanted to get out of the expo and head to the parks and I never did make it back. I was hoping to track them down online and maybe make a purchase, but I can't find a list of expo vendors anywhere. Anyone have any idea about the name of this vendor?
I'm wanting to say Rinse: http://www.rinsesoap.com/ Is that it?

Map on page 14/15: http://as1.wdpromedia.com/media/rundisney/wine-and-dine-half-marathon/2015_WnD_Program.pdf

Is Raw Threads the soft t-shirt company? Every Disney race I've wanted to buy a slogan shirt from them but always change my mind ... I was going to do it this time, but they really didn't have any mens shirts with good slogans! Or it's not the same company I'm thinking of ...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter