Wish Trip for Miss Haylee

Well..
Look what the mailman brought yesterday!! Of course she showed up about 5 minutes after Jonathan left for a closing shift. It was almost like waiting for Christmas morning waiting. But this morning everyone got up early before Jonathan left for work again and look what came...

A WONDERFUL NOTE!!!
BG2B.jpg

And a BEAUTIFUL BAG!!!
BG2A.jpg

And Haylee's "This is MINE" face
BG2C.jpg

[B][COLOR="royalblue"]Thank you so much for this wonderful gift Melissa! (MomtoAlexnWilliam)
The girls both love zebra print and Haylee loves pink!!![/COLOR][/B][/QUOTE]

You are very welcome!!! I am so glad Haylee (and Amber!) loved the fabric and colors! I am praying that you guys have the most magical trip ever!!!! :)

I haven't updated in a few day so I thought I'd let you all know what we have been up to..

WAIT.....Two weeks from RIGHT now we will be waiting to leave for the airport!!! OH MY GOODNESS!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

Haylee's seizures have been hit and miss again. Maybe one a day. But I'm happy with that. We will up the meds again to see if it helps. It will take 2 weeks to see but if not we will definately survive on what we have now.

Yesterday things were slow due to the hurricane. They even put the base on a 5 hour delay. Cancelling the dogs appts. I'm sure they were happy. SO I used the day to get caught up. Even the truck that delivers the food to Ruby Tuesdays cancelled so Jonathan got a nice break from his "split shift"

Jonathan and I ran out to pick up some shirts from Michaels. We figured we would make up a couple of extra shirts for wet times or sweaty days or emergencys. I put together the shirts. We also picked up a couple of movies.

Then I began the pre pack. Whenever we travel I have a huge fear of forgetting something. I once forgot Haylee's feeding pump charger. I think that started it. So now I make very detailed lists. We have be putting things into a box to be packed and I was shocked at how much we are already put together.

Also about 6 weeks ago we started a change jar. We decided to see how much we could collect. So Amber and I got to rolling because the jar was getting heavy. We were shocked. We have $87.50 after 6 weeks and with 2 weeks left to go I bet we can hit $100. Now the kids are decidng what to do with it. I told them they should pick something they haven't done.

Today the dogs go for grooming to prepare for the boarding. Our dogs are very special to us. Georgia is the old girl she is 12. She addopted us after being beaten and dumped. She is VERY timid but is Haylee's dog. From day 1 she was with her. She even sleeps with her and can open her bedroom door for us. Chloe is our baby. She just turned 1 she is the Transition dog for Haylee as Georgia is getting, as Amber says "the O word" Chloe is leaning to be with Haylee and sometimes alerts us to seizures. I am sad to board them but I found a place where they can be in day care playing with other dogs for 10 hours a day. And they can stay in a kennel together. SO they have been going to day care off and on to get used to it.

D12.jpg

I don't know if I ever mentioned that we are from Hawaii.
I met my DH there in 1999. He was in the Army so we got moved about a year after we were married. We have not been able to return home since because of the cost and it being so hard to travel with Haylee. Amber's dream college is Hawaii Pacific. (It is leterallly 3 min form my parents house) She has asked me lately if she made that team with a good scholarship could we move back home. That is actually really a grreat idea!!

Well let me get back to the next Give Gift.
We have booked the Ohana Breakfast. Haylee love Lilo and being from Hawaii we love the POLY!!! Last time we walked through there Jonathan kept saying "It smells like home here"

SO our gift from Jennifer (scouthawkk) are the most FABULOUS Ohana shirts. In case you don't know Ohana Means "family" we are sad on this trip to be missing one member of our Ohana but we will have 2 others. Jennifer also included a shirt for Neal. (Again I am in tears!!) That is so thoughtful. And we will be able to wear them together when we go to Amber's competition.
MAHALO (thank you) JENNIFER!!!! We LOVE these shirts!!

BG8A.jpg

BG8B.jpg

BG8C.jpg

Sorry it took me so long to get over here. I've had family in town, so have been busy entertaining. I've been following your PTR, and am very happy the shirts got there ok.

Haylee looks wonderful in those dresses!

Have a fantastic trip!

Jen

The girls went back to school today.
Haylee as a 6th grader and Amber as a SENIOR!!!
I ended up having to drive Haylee and will have to again at least tomorrow. The seatbelt still has not arrived. Yes he said they sent it last Monday. UPS doesn't take 5 days from 45 minutees away. I knew I should have gone and picked it up.
Anyway when I met her teacher last week at orientation I was very himest about my issues with the previous teacher. Mainly her diapers being changes regularly, never leaving the room and non realistic goals. When I picked her up today her teacher told me she was changed 4 times and she and the others in the class went on a school tour and met the staff today. I THINK I WILL LOVE HER!!!!!
The stupid things that make me so excited. I just want her life to be a little normal. And I'm so glad she once again has a teacher that wants that too. She must have had a great day because she normally takes quickie 15 min power naps and she has been snoring for over 2 hours!!!!
OH AND...
This teacher wants to get them into special olympics and to go swimming!!!
again I LOVE HER!!!!

We are almost completely packed now. Just waiting on the diaper and pediasure delivery then we are ready to go!!

Just wanted to pop in and say hello! I've been reading along and am enjoying getting to know you and your family! You are almost into single digits! :cool1:

The girls went back to school today.
Haylee as a 6th grader and Amber as a SENIOR!!!
I ended up having to drive Haylee and will have to again at least tomorrow. The seatbelt still has not arrived. Yes he said they sent it last Monday. UPS doesn't take 5 days from 45 minutees away. I knew I should have gone and picked it up.
Anyway when I met her teacher last week at orientation I was very himest about my issues with the previous teacher. Mainly her diapers being changes regularly, never leaving the room and non realistic goals. When I picked her up today her teacher told me she was changed 4 times and she and the others in the class went on a school tour and met the staff today. I THINK I WILL LOVE HER!!!!!
The stupid things that make me so excited. I just want her life to be a little normal. And I'm so glad she once again has a teacher that wants that too. She must have had a great day because she normally takes quickie 15 min power naps and she has been snoring for over 2 hours!!!!
OH AND...
This teacher wants to get them into special olympics and to go swimming!!!
again I LOVE HER!!!!
cher
We are almost completely packed now. Just waiting on the diaper and pediasure delivery then we are ready to go!!

Madison's grandma here: Congrats on getting a good teacher for Heylee. I hope she likes school. Madison misses going to school and being around other kids.

Madison's grandma here: Congrats on getting a good teacher for Heylee. I hope she likes school. Madison misses going to school and being around other kids.

I do feel for Miss Madison. Haylee had to go homebound at spring break. She just kept getting sick and we had issues in the classroom. I know she missed her friends ( the 3 girls have been together for 5 years) They all may be severely diabled but getting reports from the teacher that Haylee and J**** will not let D*** take a nap, really makes you giggle (especially since none of them talk)
Today was such a sweet day as the 3 were back together again!!!

Your Madison is a sweetie and reminds me of my niece Madison!!!

Leave some packing room for a few extra things that got mailed to you yesterday!;)

Lynn

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
I just posted and looked at the countdown bar. 9DAYS!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

The days are definately passing a little quicker now.
Haylee got to ride the bus today. The seatbelt (a tiny thing!) frinally came yesterday. We threw it on last night and this morning I got to see her big smile and giggle as she realized she was on the lift. I so hate getting up 30 min earlier to get her ready for the bus but I also hate fighting the parking lot!!
Tomorrow is Haylee's send off party at the splash park. We will have lunch there and get our stuff I guess.
We have not gotten our GKTW pre arrival packet yet. I did call yesterday and they said they get it to you the week before your trip. So I will wait patiently. I'm sure next week will fly by as the girls have school, Amber has practice Sun, Tues, Wed and Friday. AND the special Air Show party the day before we leave. Everyone is getting so excited!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS!!!
I just posted and looked at the countdown bar. 9DAYS!!!:cool1::cool1::cool1:

The days are definately passing a little quicker now.
Haylee got to ride the bus today. The seatbelt (a tiny thing!) frinally came yesterday. We threw it on last night and this morning I got to see her big smile and giggle as she realized she was on the lift. I so hate getting up 30 min earlier to get her ready for the bus but I also hate fighting the parking lot!!
Tomorrow is Haylee's send off party at the splash park. We will have lunch there and get our stuff I guess.
We have not gotten our GKTW pre arrival packet yet. I did call yesterday and they said they get it to you the week before your trip. So I will wait patiently. I'm sure next week will fly by as the girls have school, Amber has practice Sun, Tues, Wed and Friday. AND the special Airo? Show party the day before we leave. Everyone is getting so excited!!!!

Oh boy, 9 days, I bet you are getting so excited. Getting up early is so worth it to see a big smile from your sweetie. How did school go? Have a great time at your party tomarrow.

We are now down to the extras part of the trip. We are pretty much packed so we are doing some things that we had on the "if there is time list". So project for the day. BOWS!!! If you noticed in some the past pics Amber wears obnoxiously large bows. (it's a thing with her cheer team) We matched the outfits from the Big Give and a few extras we put together added a couple of fun things and HERE THEY ARE!!! (she now has 30 big bows) I also made a couple of smaller ones for Miss Haylee!

101_0425.jpg

Haylee seemed to really enjoy being back on the bus today!!:cool1::cool1:
Alsowe have been having trouble giving her the new med. Its a pill you have to crush. For some reason it's really thick and the casing does not desolve. So it gets stuck in the tubing. After spending 15 min this morning trying to get her the meds I emailed her Neurologist. He gave her the liquid!!! (not sure why he didn't to start with. But it should be better tonight!! HORRRAY!!

Oh boy, 9 days, I bet you are getting so excited. Getting up early is so worth it to see a big smile from your sweetie. How did school go? Have a great time at your party tomarrow.

She really seems to be enjoying school again!!! I LOVE her teacher!! Did I say that before. I looked in her backpack last night and there is a paper with 30 minute breakdowns. It shows everything that happens that day. LOVE IT!!!!
She is still napping for about 2 hours after school.

Love the bows...especially the Halloween one!

Lynn

Lynn,
Thanks!! It was my first try. Now note they are made with 3" ribbon. I usually pay $8-15 for a mom at the gym to make them but I thought I could do it. Thank God she gave me tips!!! Amber found the Haloween fabric and was in love. She said she can wear it to MNSSHP and to school the week of Haloween.

[FONT="Comic San[COLOR="Magenta"]Great job on the bows! That's a talent I don't have, mine never look that good. I never had to make the effort to try, my mother made them and enjoyed it. Where did you find the ribbon? My youngest has a dress that matches the floral on the teal background, I think its the exact same print! [/COLOR]s MS"][/FONT]

[FONT="Comic San[COLOR="Magenta"]Great job on the bows! That's a talent I don't have, mine never look that good. I never had to make the effort to try, my mother made them and enjoyed it. Where did you find the ribbon? My youngest has a dress that matches the floral on the teal background, I think its the exact same print! [/COLOR]s MS"][/FONT]

I loved that print. I got it at Joanns Fabric. It's all actually fabric on top of
3" ribbon. For me the worst part was the gathering in the middle. I always worry about it "not looking good" Once I relaxed about it the bows were done pretty quickly.

You have the sewing talent. That I'm lacking in. In fact I am attempting to make Haylee a tinkerbelle pillow case for her travel/leg pillow for the trip. I've been putting that off due to my lack of sewing skills. (I've had the material for weeks) My sister and mom are FABULOUS at sewing. They always made coordianting costumes for us girls and then my kids. My mom even made Haylee's crib set when she came home from the hospital. That talent skipped me!!!

Love the bows!! You did a great job! Wow you guys are getting REALLY close:cool1:

I hope you have a MAGICAL trip!!!:goodvibes

You will have to post a pictorial tutorialfor making the bows...those are neat!

I know what you mean about the sewing skills. My mom and my older sister are fabulous seamstresses. My younger sisters on the other hand don't know what a sewing maching (or a thread and needle!) look like. Me, I just sort of muddle along with it!

Lynn

Love the bows!! You did a great job! Wow you guys are getting REALLY close:cool1:

I hope you have a MAGICAL trip!!!:goodvibes

Thanks so much!!! I may be a new team bowmaker!! I actually had fun!

We are getting so close and so excited!!!
Thank goodness for an extremely busy week next week or we might go crazy waiting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter