With a Baby in Tow We Must Go-A Dec TR Update 2/22

vettegirl

Dole Whip Queen
Hello fellow Disers! My name is Lori and I have been to WDW many times as well as DL and well as once to DLP and Tokyo Disney. What can I say, it's my happy place. Normally I go for the food and wine festival but having a baby back in July changed that for this year. We decided to wait and go the first week in December which turned out to be a wonderful time of you year to visit. We stayed at the Beach Club Club Level Dec 3-9. Our cast of characters included myself Lori, husband Peter, our 5 month old son Alexander, my father and mother in law John and Carolyn.

We took the 5:30 am flight out of San Antonio with a connection in Houston which put us into MCO around 11:00 am. We did the yellow tags and onto the Magical Express we went. I cannot describe how excited I was that my little man was going to Disney for the first time. Would he remember, of course not! However it was a trip I had planned for months when I was pregnant and could not believe the moment had arrived :yay::yay::yay:

Alexander was so happy to have his magic band was ready to get to the BC!

We pulled up the BC and were greeted by Marie, who took us right up to the CL for check in. I took a picture of the carousel which was done to perfection! Also the whole lobby smelt like gingerbread!!

Upon check in we were all given a glass of strawberry champagne, it was delicious and a really nice new touch. The new CL floor had a nice brand new smell to it. Also the check in desk were relocated to the left as there was a new door for the lounge.

As far as the new lounge, all I can say is wow! It is triple the size of the old lounge and really made a our stay special. Our room was right next door to the lounge and it was perfect!! The new rooms were very nice, but I still for some reason like the old ones better. The welcome chocolate on the bed was a nice gift to be greeted with!

Here is our view,it was a standard view room with a full balcony

More room pics

New hallway

I'm subscribed! I have a 2.5 month old baby girl and would love to take her to WDW as soon as possible. I'm eager to see how you handled the trip with a baby!

I'm subscribed! I have a 2.5 month old baby girl and would love to take her to WDW as soon as possible. I'm eager to see how you handled the trip with a baby!

Welcome! Taking a baby isn't as bad you would think but we definitely didn't get to do as much but still had a wonderful relaxing visit.

After checking in and getting settled we strolled over to the Boardwalk for lunch! Us girls tried the Boardwalk Bakery and the boys went to the pizza window. I had always wanted to try the lobster roll and I had a side salads, MIL had the corn chowder which was very good ( have to be somewhat good :rotfl2:) and cupcakes. Drum roll please_____ they were horrible :worried: No real flavor. The ones at the food and wine festival are killer and these were a flop for us. The cupcakes also looked amazing but the frosting was just blah. That is the second time I have had a cupcake from there and it wasn't good. Not going back that is for sure. On a more positive note the boys used 2 credits and received a huge pizza with chocolate cakes and to everyone's surprise it was delicious. One of the best kept secrets for a QS meal. If you use one credit you get once slice, 2 credits you get an entire pizza. Can't go wrong there. The weather was perfect and we enjoyed sitting out by the water.

So glad you got to take a trip during the Christmas season at WDL and esp with your baby - he is SO adorable! The Beach Club is absolutely beautiful and loved the room. Thanks for sharing your tip about using 2 QS credits to get a whole pizza - my sons will def take advantage of that on our next trip.

Following along! :) Oh my gosh, that first pic of your baby - so flipping cute!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and BC CL.

Following along. :)

Glad you could join in!

Following along! :) Oh my gosh, that first pic of your baby - so flipping cute!! Can't wait to hear about your trip and BC CL.

Thank you :)

So glad you got to take a trip during the Christmas season at WDL and esp with your baby - he is SO adorable! The Beach Club is absolutely beautiful and loved the room. Thanks for sharing your tip about using 2 QS credits to get a whole pizza - my sons will def take advantage of that on our next trip.

Thank you

After lunch we headed over to the beautiful Boardwalk Inn. We were greeted by the antique carousel display in the lobby and one of the guys working there explained the history to us which was quite interesting. In the lobby for Christmas they have a "Gingerbread Cone" stand, however we were surprised that they did not sell ice cream cones:confused3 Kind of misleading but still a cute display. Alexander loved the strange chairs by the fireplace. After walking around we checked out the gift shop, which is large and has a nice selection and continued our walk to the beach club.

When we arrived back it was warm enough to swim as it was around 80 degrees. This would be Alexander's first time in a pool and we bought a cute little wet suite for him for our trip! Stormalong Bay is just amazing. It has something for everyone and I love the feeling of the sand on the bottom. This makes a stay at the BC just hard to beat!! We started out in the shallow end and he loved it! He only stayed in 15 minutes but we were all please that he enjoyed himself!!

Lori, I am here...wouldn't miss this for the world. :goodvibes

I'm finishing up taking the ornaments down from the tree, but I'll be back to read soon.

Thanks for the bat signal.

Lori, I am here...wouldn't miss this for the world. :goodvibes I'm finishing up taking the ornaments down from the tree, but I'll be back to read soon. Thanks for the bat signal.

So glad you are here! Slowly taking down decor myself, it really is quite the chore!

I'm in... My pumpkin will be 18 months when she goes for the first time (she's 7 months on Saturday). I've been looking for tips on traveling with a little one... So looking forward to it! Do you have an uppababy stroller?

I'm in... My pumpkin will be 18 months when she goes for the first time (she's 7 months on Saturday). I've been looking for tips on traveling with a little one... So looking forward to it! Do you have an uppababy stroller?

How exciting! Next trip to DW Alexander will be 14 months. You just have to plan on taking it slower and know you probably won't get to do everything on your list, but it so much more fun with a little one. Also the baby care centers are nice also. We brought out Peg Perego travel system with the carrier that clips right in and it was perfect!

After pool time we all went back and showered and went over to the club lounge. It was so nice having our door right next to it! Our last trip we were down the hall pretty far and it always was painful to walk to and from the lounge. The new lounge is comprised of the old lounge and they also knocked down the walls of two other rooms to expand it. The theme is very modern I wouldn't say very beach themed. The offerings were nice for dinner they had cheese, crackers,vegetables, dips, hummus, pb jelly shooters, rolls, salads, two hot offerings, and beer and wine. They now serve the beer and wine as before you just helped yourself. They were very generous with the adult beverages. Also the espresso machine is awesome, that alone is worth the CL for me haha. There was more than enough for dinner for our group.

Alexander's favorite were the apple slices!

Lori, I'm back and caught up (all Christmas stuff is put away; well, except hte outside stuff that Mark has to do).

Yay for arrival and your room being ready.

The room looks quite nice (never stayed at the YC).

I love Alexander's outfit for the pool.

I've often wondered about the pizza at the take-out window at the Boardwalk. Unfortunately, we just aren't fans of Florida pizza in general. I was very disappointed in my cupcake at the Boardwalk Bakery as well.

How nice that the CL offered enough to take care of you all for dinner.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter