Women-please recommend a new bra

I really recommend a professional bra fitting. I resisted at first but it was life changing. I thought I was one size but I was way off. I used to hate underwire but now I won't go without it. I hated it because it hurt but I guess it would when you were in many sizes too small.

The latest off-the-rack ones I've been happy with are Bali - style 3432. I like that they have slightly wider straps and four hooks (well, at least my 40D does :laughing:) so the band doesn't fold over.

I recently tried the Soma vanishing back bra but wasn't impressed. They do have a wireless one that may be more comfortable, but the one with the underwire wasn't good for me.

Reddit has a forum called "A Bra That Fits" where women can discuss pros and cons of different bras. There's also a web site of the same name that has explicit instructions on how to measure yourself for a bra, and a calculator that you can input your measurements and it returns your size.

The latest off-the-rack ones I've been happy with are Bali - style 3432. I like that they have slightly wider straps and four hooks (well, at least my 40D does :laughing:) so the band doesn't fold over.
I also wear a Bali. Mine is the Satin Tracings minimizer (#3562). It has 4 hooks, wide straps, underwire and really does make my chest look a few sizes smaller in clothes. It usually costs 42.00 but is on sale on the Hanes website for $15.99. I recommend it to busty women everywhere!

Believe it or not my son's gf found some good bras at of all places Walmart. She used to shop at Soma and for the fun of it she tried the Radiance Smoothing Bra from Vanity Fair. It was only 15.00! She is a 42 DD but it provided great support and smooths the back which is a big deal. I am waiting for my order to come to see if I like them but they are easily returnable.

Unfortunately not many of them come in my size, 34D. I’ve been wearing those a lot, but in 36C. Soma looks like a possibility. Thanks for the suggestions

I feel your pain! I have always had the best luck finding 34D at Victorias Secret. The Angel underwire bras give me enough support without digging. Any other brand of bras causes my shoulders to ache!

Another vote for Bali! I wear the Comfort Revolution style (I think). It looks similar to a sports bra, and has 3 hooks in the back. It's not sized by measurement/cups, but instead by S, M, L, ....etc. The straps aren't adjustable so it needs to replaced periodically. It doesn't "squish" you like a regular sports bra would. I used to be an underwire girl, but these Bali bras are just so comfortable!

I hate bra shopping. I’m 56 and wear a 42C. I hate underwire. I’ve been wearing the same brand for several years now and that’s Vanity Fair. I’ve ordered them off of Amazon the last couple times cause it was cheaper than JCP or Kohl’s.

I am glad to see this thread for suggestions! I need help finding a good bra for me, too!

Unfortunately not many of them come in my size, 34D. I’ve been wearing those a lot, but in 36C. Soma looks like a possibility. Thanks for the suggestions
I hear you. Yes I've had a professional sizing, and a 34DD is very hard to come by. Sears was my go to place to get bra's in my size on sale. Iv'e found the same brand and style number at other stores but the sizes they carry are dismal. I've even asked if I can order it in my size and I keep getting we don't carry that size ? Why not the manufacturer Makes that size, I would BUY that size, as would my sister (she and I are the same size) but you have a tonne of X size that are always in the discount bin that you CAN"T sell.

Look at the brand Glamorise. They have bras in larger sizes. They have something called MagicLift which is like an underwire without the wire. They’re not cheap, but they are good.

I always end up going back to Wacoal. I only wear underwire though, except for sports bras. I’m a 32 D now, though I really need to adjust sizes because I’m pregnant, but have been a 36DDD when I weighed more and was breastfeeding.

I’ve worn Soma, but I find Wacoal more comfortable.

Bali Comfort Revolution (style no 3488)

Changed my life. You can get them at most department stores, including Kohl's. Best bra ever.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter