Woody's Lunch Box

Are those Cooties I see?
!!! Didn't catch that at first glance. Concept art looks like it does have (generic) Cooties! :)

reference for those who have lived life free of Cootie:

cootie-game-casku610-1.jpg

Looove the concept art, anyway. Looks so fun, so cute!

Food items: I'm betting on a light blue milkshake with white swirled in and/or with whipped cream on top, like cloud wallpaper in Andy's room. Possibly with an orange-ish bottom layer (to represent the floor). Second bet is neon green alien smoothie/milkshake.

What about kids type foods - pizza, hots, hamburgers, mac& cheese, grilled cheese, PB&J, maybe some sort of pasta and sauce.

Ice cream - soft serve in cup or cone

Water bottles & soda or drinks in a toy story themed cup
Not to forget coffee & tea for adults

No alcohol since it is children themed.

I am all for "kid food" but be a bit creative. Have different types of mac n cheese ... maybe have it served in a bread cone like they had at food and wine this year ... then he like that

I am all for "kid food" but be a bit creative. Have different types of mac n cheese ... maybe have it served in a bread cone like they had at food and wine this year ... then he like that

Yes it can be kid with style. I would like a few gourmet grilled cheese then put plain on a kids meal. Maybe a tomato soup (I’m a Cootie era kid).

They could have the same menu as Satu'li and I'd be happy:) ...

I was thinking the exact same thing and I've posted in a couple places that I wish they'd somehow retheme and clone Satu'li in the other parks. I don't have too much hope for Woody's since its so kid-oriented (thinking the basics - burgers, fries, maybe grilled cheese, etc.), but maybe there's more hope when Galaxy's Edge opens up -- I can easily see Satu'li-like cuisine there... (and the Studios is badly in need of some decent QS options)

Not clear from the image where the seating is. Look so like just walk up order windows - is the seating around back/inside?

Hope they are creative with the menu and not just standard burgers and chicken nuggets. Also hope they give it some sort of signature dish. After Satu'li I have my expectations raised for new QS locations
the seating is on the right side of the concept art

Are those Cooties I see?

!!! Didn't catch that at first glance. Concept art looks like it does have (generic) Cooties! :)

reference for those who have lived life free of Cootie:

cootie-game-casku610-1.jpg

Looove the concept art, anyway. Looks so fun, so cute!

Food items: I'm betting on a light blue milkshake with white swirled in and/or with whipped cream on top, like cloud wallpaper in Andy's room. Possibly with an orange-ish bottom layer (to represent the floor). Second bet is neon green alien smoothie/milkshake.

If you look at the copywrite notice in the lower right they specifically reference "Cooties" so guess it is actual cooties and not generic ones (even if the ones in the concept art look a bit different than in the above picture shared and what I am used to

Cooties.jpg

If you look at the copywrite notice in the lower right they specifically reference "Cooties" so guess it is actual cooties and not generic ones (even if the ones in the concept art look a bit different than in the above picture shared and what I am used to

View attachment 279251

I'm more excited about the "decor" and the "miniaturizing" than I am anything there.

I'm more excited about the "decor" and the "miniaturizing" than I am anything there.

I think that will add a lot to the whole area. I am at least hopeful that the Slinky Dog Dash is a solid ride - I am glad it is something new rather than just ports from the Toy Story Land in other parks and a family friendly ride with 2 launches I think has the potential to be a lot of fun

That's the cozy cone from Carsland in DCA. I think the entire menu(and hidden menu) from that place would be a good fit. The big differnce, would be one serving/ordering building versus the cones 4 individual cone serving buildings. The 4 separate cones, looks extremely cool but doesn't work well in practice. They had a bacon mac n cheese in a bread cone that was good, then they had a spicy mac n cheese in a black cone "cauldron" for halloween, which I really enjoyed.

I think that will add a lot to the whole area. I am at least hopeful that the Slinky Dog Dash is a solid ride - I am glad it is something new rather than just ports from the Toy Story Land in other parks and a family friendly ride with 2 launches I think has the potential to be a lot of fun

Oh yeah, and I think my DS1 will enjoy it ... just hate that it's a track .... with virtually no typical Disney imagineering. Just like I hate Dinoland rides - I hold Disney to a better standard than obvious carnival rides. I've seen video of the other Toy Story Lands and they are completely unimpressive with their decor looking very much like a Six Flags ....DS2 was just in Paris and looked at theirs, blah ..... my hope is the miniature theme was inspiring enough for them to do this one better.

My money would be on the neon green alien smoothie/milkshake - but mostly to avoid consumer confusion among the new lands in DHS. Star Wars Land already called dibs on the blue milkshakes back in 1977. It's too perfect not to have those.

I'm also fascinated by the miniaturization...I think this is going to be cooler than I originally thought. I initially was kind of meh, but now I'm interested to see how it all turns out.

I like the idea of gourmet grilled cheese and Mac n cheese. Min and Bill's had "gourmet" Mac n cheese back in 2013. My husband and I split a pulled pork Mac n cheese. It was tasty, although the pulled pork was better than the Mac n cheese. I know DHS also used to have the bread cones, so that seems like something that could easily be added back to the menu. They could make a build your own grilled cheese/Mac n cheese thing, kind of like they have at Satuli with the bowls.

Oh yeah, and I think my DS1 will enjoy it ... just hate that it's a track .... with virtually no typical Disney imagineering. Just like I hate Dinoland rides - I hold Disney to a better standard than obvious carnival rides. I've seen video of the other Toy Story Lands and they are completely unimpressive with their decor looking very much like a Six Flags ....DS2 was just in Paris and looked at theirs, blah ..... my hope is the miniature theme was inspiring enough for them to do this one better.

I guess they tried to make it look like it is a toy set that Andy built (and will have extra pieces in the scenery, etc.) - though I wish it was more obvious - like it looked like it was made from erector set or even the supports look like they were made from tinker toys rather than the tinker toys just being scenery pieces

Woody's Lunch Box, a quick service restaurant, coming to Toy Story Land in 2018 will serve tasty meals and old-fashioned soda floats. This thread is to talk about rumors of what food could come, mobile ordering on the restaurant, and even wild speculation on the concept art. Have Fun!View attachment 279095

The more I see of this land the more I like it. The exposed coaster track does not bother me at all as I am a big fan of visual kinetics. So much in Disney parks is hidden behind scenery and layers of theming. One of the things I appreciate about TL in MK is the visibility of the TTA cars moving along the track, the Speedway race cars and the Astro Orbiter ships spinning. I like how so much of the SDD coaster will be visible. The A S S cars should also be visible as you walk by the attraction so that will add to it as well.

For me, not every area of a theme park needs to be overly spectacular, or bombastic, or prodigious in scope. I also enjoy subtlety as well, or the quieter corners of theme parks. Not to say that a land targeted for families and children will be a calm quiet area. But the smaller scale feel of this land adjacent to the enormity of SW:GE will play well for me. And lest anyone forget - SW:GE will have 2 rides to choose from (albeit 2 E-Ticket monstrosities from what insiders have been saying), while TSL will have 3 total: a family coaster, a spinner and TSMM. I still think that TSL will be a great land to experience, even situated next to its big brother SW:GE.

And I agree with some of the posters above regarding Woody's Lunch Box. I don't mind that it is a QS window type eatery, as long as the put some creativity into what they are serving. Every since Disney has demonstrated what type of QS food they are capable of at Satu'li Canteen, they have to continue to at least meet that bar that they have set for themselves. This location can still serve good food and have some fun selections if they put their minds to it.

In retrospect, not sure a sit in restaurant would really work in this theme. How many toy restaurants are there? Love the themeing they seem to be adding, I know alot of die hard disney fans were worried this was way to budget cut....but from what I have seen so far, it looks really good

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter