World Cup 2018 Picks

Nope but I read about it. What a jerk. He hasn't changed since he played. The rules and societal norms don't apply to him.

He's the one that cheated and scored a hand goal in 1986. He failed a doping test in 1994, He has shot at, run over the foot of, and slapped journalists in the face. An all around jerk.
yep---he's terrible--always has been.

The "Sweet Sixteen" is going to be awesome!:)

And it will have a HUGE WDW "flavor" with World Showcase having 25 % of the Sweet Sixteen and The 15s having 25 % of the Sweet Sixteen!:)

Rooting for Belgium. I'm 1/4 Belgian, 1/4 German, 1/4 French, and 1/4 Dutch. The Netherlands didn't make the tournament, Germany was already eliminated, and France already won in 1998. So Belgium for the win.

Rooting for Belgium. I'm 1/4 Belgian, 1/4 German, 1/4 French, and 1/4 Dutch. The Netherlands didn't make the tournament, Germany was already eliminated, and France already won in 1998. So Belgium for the win.
They are a solid, consistent team and they really want it---given that so many will not make anther cup. I think, at this point, they are the most likely winner.

So maybe by the end of the day my household will accept the fact that Argentina is out. I feel bad for DS15 who will be an exchange student there next year. He really, really wanted them to win the whole thing! Ah, well……tomorrow is another day, one that will find my whole family at a downtown soccer pub to watch Denmark play. DH exchanged there 30+ years ago, so I guess we are all about Denmark now!

Still lots of great match-ups to watch in the next few weeks. I didn’t think I’d become so obsessed with this. I will really miss it when it’s all over!

Nope but I read about it. What a jerk. He hasn't changed since he played. The rules and societal norms don't apply to him.

He's the one that cheated and scored a hand goal in 1986. He failed a doping test in 1994, He has shot at, run over the foot of, and slapped journalists in the face. An all around jerk.

I saw photos of him from the previous match. I thought I read that the TV cameras were constantly showing him and his reactions every few minutes.

Yet today I didn't see him at all. Granted I only watched the second half. I was hoping to see his drama queen antics and histrionics.

World Champions and European Champions out before the quarter finals. Crazy World Cup so far.

I’m a neutral for the remainder of this tournament since Germany flamed out. Maybe Croatia or Belgium. France look good if Deschamps doesn’t shoot himself in the foot. Just please, no Spain or Brazil (although I actually find the Brazilian team likeable outside of Neymar lol). I’m interested to see how well England do, they are doing with their young players what Germany should have done this year (oh Jogi, whatever in the heck were those lineups in the group stages???)

Mexico!!

Since the US didn't make it in, and I have too many different countries to choose from in my ancestry... that leaves Canada or Mexico as the home team.... Ve Mexico!!

GREAT day for the Brazil 15s(and Super Greeters) at WDW!

BAD day for the Argentina 15s at WDW!lol:)

DhHE2a0UEAAVhV4.jpg

Is that the guy notorious for diving and faking injuries? I didn't watch Mexico-Brazil but someone told me he was more over the top than usual today.

That's Neymar, yeah. Extremely talented player, but way over the top on the theatrics.

Didn't see the game live today, but he had his foot stepped on while one of the Mexican players tried to get the ball from him while he was doing one of his usual overreactions. As soon as he felt the foot on top of his ankle, he started writhing around like they chopped the foot off.

Once he got 'treatment' on the sidelines for about 30 seconds, he ran right back onto the field with no limp whatsoever. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter