World of Color Superthread

OP here, and I was hoping someone would answer this too. I will be at DLR in a few weeks myself.

Anyone???

:wizard:
Bumping again. Someone has to know.

Does anyone know how the WOC MaxPass reservations work? How are the individual color areas assigned or can you choose?

OP here, and I was hoping someone would answer this too. I will be at DLR in a few weeks myself.

Anyone???

It assigns the color. You won’t know till after you reserve it. Like the paper ones they start with blue the yellow. But once you are inside it’s actually easy to cross into the other section.

We have actually never seen WOC, but I would like to do the dessert party for our wedding anniversary if it's offered that day on our next trip.

Will it be offered on a Wednesday in late February, though? I want to say that I think I remember it being offered a lot more in the off season than Fantasmic, but I haven't paid a ton of attention in the past, in all honesty.

We have actually never seen WOC, but I would like to do the dessert party for our wedding anniversary if it's offered that day on our next trip.

Will it be offered on a Wednesday in late February, though? I want to say that I think I remember it being offered a lot more in the off season than Fantasmic, but I haven't paid a ton of attention in the past, in all honesty.
World of color is offered nightly as is the dessert party as long as it’s not down for refurbishment. It usually goes down for a couple of weeks of refurbishment in the winter time though.

World of color is offered nightly as is the dessert party as long as it’s not down for refurbishment. It usually goes down for a couple of weeks of refurbishment in the winter time though.

Thank you! That's what I thought, but wanted to make sure.

It assigns the color. You won’t know till after you reserve it. Like the paper ones they start with blue the yellow. But once you are inside it’s actually easy to cross into the other section.
I like Yellow. Do you know if one gets the WOC FP, and it is blue, can one cancel it and keep trying until one gets yellow?

I like Yellow. Do you know if one gets the WOC FP, and it is blue, can one cancel it and keep trying until one gets yellow?
Replying to this so you'll see this question, Hydroguy. I know you are the man when it comes to WOC. It's been a couple of years since I saw the show. How soon do we need to line up to get a front and center rail spot with a yellow fastpass? Is 60 minutes cutting it too close? I think we used to do 90.

Replying to this so you'll see this question, Hydroguy. I know you are the man when it comes to WOC. It's been a couple of years since I saw the show. How soon do we need to line up to get a front and center rail spot with a yellow fastpass? Is 60 minutes cutting it too close? I think we used to do 90.
All my experience was before WOC reopened in Feb. And that experience says still 90 minutes early to get a great spot. 60 was hit or miss. I am planning to see WOC in 2 weeks thru regular FP and am going to do 90. I am seeing it a second time with dessert party and will do 60 for that. With WOC first timers (relatives of mine).

We did it once a few years ago and have decided to do it again. For us, the reasons it is worth it are 1) we don’t want to arrive and get in line 1 hour & 45 minutes beforehand with a fastpass or a little less than that on a dining package and 2) We liked being able to sit and relax before and during the show (which is >20 minutes long) af the end of a long day. The downside is it’s less immersive than a front rail spot( which is awesome I just don’t know if we’d be successful in securing it again and it’s not worth it for us otherwise).

Also, since our DD’s are >3, they’d be adult price for a dining package so the dessert party isn’t much more expensive than a dining package for us. We have 1 chance to see WOC on our trip and the dining package makes it stress free.

I have done it both ways, dining package with FP, and dessert party. I would pick the dessert party, hands down, every time. With the FP, you have to arrive and line up SO early to get a shot at a rail. Then you sit. And sit. More and more people squish in. Then you all have to stand up, and you start to feel like a sardine. If you didn't get a rail spot, chances are your view might be blocked if you're short (like me) or somebody hikes their kids up on their shoulders and blocks your view-- all too common. Whereas if you have the dessert party, you don't have to line up so early-- your spot is guaranteed, so if you roll up 10 minutes before the show starts, you'll still get a good seat with a good view. I still like to get there a good 45 minutes to an hour early, because then you have time to order your two drinks and enjoy some of the snacks while you wait comfortably in your chair. Also sometimes the CMs will ask you which seating you prefer-- we had the high tops at the rail and it was incredible.. You may have to share with somebody if you're a party of 2 or 3-- DH and I shared with a mom and her daughter last time, but it was fine.

It depends. I can’t afford it for my whole fam. But dh doesn’t like shows so he took kids home to bed. My sis and I did the party. It’s was nice walking up leisurely!

With the whole fam staking out a spot early can be fun too. Play the light wheel game on phone.

Definitely worth the price for us. Treats, drinks and a seat to relax in while we watch the show. Our favourite splurge!

All my experience was before WOC reopened in Feb. And that experience says still 90 minutes early to get a great spot. 60 was hit or miss. I am planning to see WOC in 2 weeks thru regular FP and am going to do 90. I am seeing it a second time with dessert party and will do 60 for that. With WOC first timers (relatives of mine).

Thank you, Hydroguy! I think we’ll shoot for 90 as well.

Is it worth the price?
"Worth it" is completely subjective and different for each person. The Dessert Party is definitely fun and a very nice splurge. But it is possible to see WOC with good viewing from each viewing section: free FP, regular dining package FP, and the Dessert Party. AND the risk and possibility of poor viewing exist in all those sections, too. We've done all the sections and had good-to-great viewing in all. You are looking at an inverse ratio of price:wait time -- more $$ = less wait time, more wait time = less money/free. Only you can know which option is the best fit for you.
Free FP: biggest pro is the price tag, but this option requires the most time investment for the best view (about 90 minutes) -- and the view can be very good.
Regular Dining Package: WCT area is up front/CCR area is further back -- advantage here is that you get a full meal for the price paid (which is a big deal for some people) -- and if you were planning on dining at these restaurants anyway, why not get a WOC FP thrown in? There is some wait time involved, but not nearly as much as with the free FPs, and the views can be very good, too.
Dessert Party: good-to-great views overall (but there is a risk of poor viewing -- we've had reports of this), but the price tag is high, and the desserts aren't to everyone's liking. Minimal amount of wait time compared to the other options. Be aware that if you are a small party or solo, you will probably be seated with another party. This is stated on the webpage.

Debating between the dining package at the Wine Country Trattoria or the dessert party for late September on a Saturday night - what would you do?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter