World of Color Superthread

Next time we go, I'm going to do the dessert party. We did the fireworks dessert party in Magic Kingdom last year and loved it, so that plays heavily into the decision. Although the WOC dessert party isn't a buffet like the one at MK for the fireworks, I still think we'll really enjoy it.

We have done the dining package at WCT once, the dining package at Carthay twice and the dessert party once. We are going again in a couple of weeks and I have booked the dessert party again. For us, having a table and chairs to sit at is well worth the cost, never mind the desserts and drinks! :)

I vote the table & chairs at the Dessert Party too! The view is unbeatable - for us, the snacks were so-so, but we’ve done it several times just to have a place to plop down at the end of the night.👍

We have done both and much prefer the dessert party, especially over WCT, not a fan of that restaurant at all. Much prefer the food at Carthay but would still choose the party over the Carthay package to be able to sit for the show. We didn't really prefer the desserts (I don't tend to like Disney desserts so I wasn't surprised) but I did enjoy the more savory options at the party.

Another vote for the dessert party. DD14 loves WCT so we've done the WoC dining package there a couple of times too but as others have said, having a seat and relaxed viewing for the show is so awesome so we tend to prefer the dessert party (I think I've done it 4 or 5 times now...). The desserts are pretty good- there's TONS of stuff. We usually do OK with a very light dinner or decent sized snack a few hours before then the cheese/fruit/breadsticks (and of course desserts) are plenty of food.

Can they seat a party of 5 at the tables for the dessert party? I thought I saw somewhere they were tables of 4.

Does anyone know if they offer dessert substitutions for those who are gluten-free?

Yes they offer gluten free plates. Request it on your reservation and then they usually call to confirm. On my last booking I had both gluten and dairy free guests (one GF person and one DF person) and they accommodated both. DD14 (the GF) and my friend (the DF) were very happy with what they were given. They brought DD14 a basket of GF bread as well.

Thanks. I'm going to see about booking the party of our Dec trip.

WoC Season of Light is my FAVORITE WoC show- it will be even better enjoyed at the dessert party! Hmm...maybe I should think about doing this too...I do have a December birthday after all.... ;)

Yes they offer gluten free plates. Request it on your reservation and then they usually call to confirm. On my last booking I had both gluten and dairy free guests (one GF person and one DF person) and they accommodated both. DD14 (the GF) and my friend (the DF) were very happy with what they were given. They brought DD14 a basket of GF bread as well.
Thank you! This is fantastic info. I'll keep this mind for our upcoming trip!

Is the dessert party bookable at 60 days out or 30? I only see dates through September 2nd in the calendar on the website right now.

Another vote for the dessert party. We’ve done the dessert party twice and the dining package at Wine Country Trattoria and are planning on booking the dessert party if/when it becomes available for the Halloween party. Nothing beats a table and chairs to watch WOC. The desserts and drinks are fine, but that’s not the reason we book it.

Even with the dining packages, people will still arrive early to get in the front of that viewing section. With the party, you have a table and chairs waiting for you whenever you get there and the view is great from anywhere in that section.

Is the dessert party bookable at 60 days out or 30? I only see dates through September 2nd in the calendar on the website right now.

In theory 60 BUT, like F! packages, it's tied to the entertainment calendar and almost never actually comes out at 60 days. It tends to come out in random chunks so you just have to keep checking.

Another vote for the dessert party. DD14 loves WCT so we've done the WoC dining package there a couple of times too but as others have said, having a seat and relaxed viewing for the show is so awesome so we tend to prefer the dessert party (I think I've done it 4 or 5 times now...). The desserts are pretty good- there's TONS of stuff. We usually do OK with a very light dinner or decent sized snack a few hours before then the cheese/fruit/breadsticks (and of course desserts) are plenty of food.
I was wondering about the portion size ... it doesn’t look like much on the photos...
and I don’t eat cheese so that would cut the portion in half for me...:worried:
so how filling are the sweet treats and the bread?

In theory 60 BUT, like F! packages, it's tied to the entertainment calendar and almost never actually comes out at 60 days. It tends to come out in random chunks so you just have to keep checking.

Thank you!!!

Big kid and I are in debate over world of Color. He sees you can see it from anywhere. I want a dessert party perhaps ?im thinking he’s thinking it will lower wait times on the rides ..all thoughts please ? Lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter