World of Color Superthread

September reservations are up and booking!!
It lists 7:30 as the time, so I'm assuming that will eventually change?
It might mean the showtime is 8:15, and perhaps a second show :thumbsup2

Halloween party nights will not have DP

It might mean the showtime is 8:15, and perhaps a second show :thumbsup2

Halloween party nights will not have DP

It looks like DCA closes at 8 pm the week we are there, which seems awful early. DL is open till midnight.

DD and I don't remember everything but it definitely had a bit more fruit than the other plates, chocolate covered strawberries, a couple of macarons (which the regular plates also have), a brownie, a panna cotta type thing and we think maybe one other item but aren't 100% sure. She was very satisfied with it and didn't finish everything.

Ooh thanks! I love panda cotta ever since having to cut out gluten I miss baked goods so much so the brownie has me drooling too.

I just booked for Friday, Sept 13th, and it shows the time as 9:15 for that night.
We booked the Dessert party for labour day! Figured it would be a good way to start off our trip! (sept 2-7) now if only they’d release F! Dining pkg’s all would be good!!

Does anyone happen to know if they still give kids the cool light-up cup at the dessert party, and if so, what the age cutoff is to get it?

Yes. We are gluten free and you just need to let them know when you make the reservation. Actually, when we did it, I somehow left it out of our reservation request-- so when we got up to the podium to be seated and mentioned it, they started scrambling. I felt bad because it was really my fault for not double checking my reservation request. But they came through beautifully. They offered us creme brulee first, and we kind of balked; then they offered to just give us the usual plate which we could pick through for what we could eat (the macaron and the rice krispie treat, I believe, were safe-- not sure what's on there now). Then they gave us an additional plate of extra fruit and cheese. It was great.

I should also note that this was just DH and I--- and while our daughters are celiac, we are just kind of sensitive, and cross-contamination doesn't generally affect us. So we were pretty safe with picking through the regular offerings, though that wouldn't work for the very sensitive.

Also, another vote for the dessert party. I've done both Wine Country Trattoria dining package and the dessert party, and hands down the dessert party is worth it. You have a guaranteed good view with much less wait, no standing, and snacks. With the dining package, you still have to line up 90 minutes early to get a good spot, you have to sit and wait forever, then stand and wait forever, squished like sardines. Then, unless you managed to get right at the railing, you could still lose your view when the tall person steps in front of you or hoists their toddler on their shoulders.
Thank you for the info!

Will they still be showing the regular WOC show on non-Halloween party nights? I wasn't sure if it was as easy as flicking a switch to change shows or not.....

DW and I have done the dessert party a few times now. We’re planning a trip first week of September with her dad and wondering if he’d enjoy this for his birthday. Only drawback is that he is diabetic and won’t eat any of the desserts. Anyone have any experience ordering a diabetic plate?

I went to book a World of Color Dining Package for October 9th, and starting the week of September 29, there are no dates available to book. Any ideas why?

I went to book a World of Color Dining Package for October 9th, and starting the week of September 29, there are no dates available to book. Any ideas why?
They are not open/available yet. Keep checking as times will probably become available sometime in the next couple weeks.

DW and I have done the dessert party a few times now. We’re planning a trip first week of September with her dad and wondering if he’d enjoy this for his birthday. Only drawback is that he is diabetic and won’t eat any of the desserts. Anyone have any experience ordering a diabetic plat
Not the diabetic plate, but they were very accommodating with our gluten intolerance. I would email the special diets people and ask about it? Special.Diets@disneyland.com

How are the dining packages for Carthay and Wine Country Trattoria for World of Color? I feel like everyone swears by the dessert package, that I forgot these 2 restaurants gave dining packages. Do they give you a good view of the show?

I've done Carthay's and that led to a great spot for WOC. My best friend and I definitely enjoyed the delicious food over at Carthay and were pleasantly surprised at the viewing area. As a note, we did get there early and managed to get seating on the stairs.

I did Wine Country Trattoria-- nice meal for lunch. And I got a great spot at the rail. But you have to get there so early, like 90 minutes. Sit forever. Finally stand up. Squished like sardines. I ended up giving my rail spot to two little kids right behind me who wouldn't have been able to see much.

We've done all the dining packages (and the free FP areas, too). Had great viewing from all the sections. For the non-Dessert Party packages, we like CCR because we like the food and ambiance of that restaurant. We'll do WCT with friends if that's the menu they prefer, but the service can be slow, so factor that into your schedule. For us, it's not a problem investing the time to wait for great viewing spots. It's a welcome time to rest our legs, catch up on our day, check email, etc. The CCR area has some steps where you can sit before the show starts. It's never been packed full when we go, but I've heard that it can get crowded. If you want to go up to the WCT area, you can ask to do so. If DH wants a full meal for the money, we'll do CCR. If we really want seats, we'll do the Dessert Party. And if we have the time, we'll do free FPs, get sundaes from Ghirardelli while waiting, and have our own dessert party with a great view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter