World of Color Superthread

We got in line about 8:20 for a 9:30 party a couple of weeks ago and there was just one party in front of us. A bit on the early side but we were a party of six, and it was two people’s first time at the party and I really wanted the best possible table (front row high top). I don’t mind getting in line early as one person can hold the spot while others can go to the bathroom, get snacks, even do nearby rides like Little Mermaid.
We'll be a party of six, too, so this is good to know. How did they seat you? Four at one hightop, two at another, (and shared with another couple)?

We'll be a party of six, too, so this is good to know. How did they seat you? Four at one hightop, two at another, (and shared with another couple)?
We all fitted at one hightop, but I don’t think this would work for most of the front row high tops (we got the end table, closest to Lamplight Lounge). So I was happy that we got in line early as if not our options would probably have been more limited.

I go almost every Saturday night and the past 3 times I’ve gone, they have been letting ppl into the viewing areas shortly after the show starts, even without a FP. I’ve been able to get a front center spot each time without a FP and there was plenty of room around for more people to fit in. I guess lots of people are afraid of getting wet.

There's lots great info here, thank you for this thread!

I'll be in Disneyland in September for the first time in 10 years! I'm a bit confused as to where I need to queue to get to a certain area? I'll be making Gatorade reservations through maxpass right in the morning.

There's lots great info here, thank you for this thread!

I'll be in Disneyland in September for the first time in 10 years! I'm a bit confused as to where I need to queue to get to a certain area? I'll be making Gatorade reservations through maxpass right in the morning.
OP here. I just saw WOC last night for the first time in 1.5 years. I will be updating the OP in the next few days and also updating the maps. The queue points in the OP map are still correct from what I could tell. I was in yellow section last night.

:wizard:

OP here. I just saw WOC last night for the first time in 1.5 years. I will be updating the OP in the next few days and also updating the maps. The queue points in the OP map are still correct from what I could tell. I was in yellow section last night.

:wizard:
Hello! Did you use Maxpass? Do you know if there is a certain time they switch to distributing yellow? Thanks!

Hello! Did you use Maxpass? Do you know if there is a certain time they switch to distributing yellow? Thanks!
I did use MP for WOC. From DL Park where I spent the day.

I wanted yellow but got blue. Three times LOL. They did not tell me in advance the color I would get. So I canceled the blue passes and waited. I got a yellow pretty early like at 9:30 or 10am.

Does the wet zone fill up quickly as well? We'd like to stand right at the rail, I have only watched WOC 1 1/2 times. Once we got there 90 minutes early and ended up with tall people in front of me. The second time we left halfway through because I just can't see over people. I'll have two 7 year olds with me and I want to make sure they can see. We will have ponchos and also don't really mind getting wet either.

Does the wet zone fill up quickly as well? We'd like to stand right at the rail, I have only watched WOC 1 1/2 times. Once we got there 90 minutes early and ended up with tall people in front of me. The second time we left halfway through because I just can't see over people. I'll have two 7 year olds with me and I want to make sure they can see. We will have ponchos and also don't really mind getting wet either.
Last night the wet zone from the yellow side filled up very slowly. I got in the yellow queue 90 minutes early and was the 10th person in line. I could have easily had wet zone on the very front rail. Short folks and kids can see great from there. I went one section up to the rail. To the far left facing the show towards the circle. Which was fine.

I have been checking the Oct park hours - every day. Currently posted thru Oct 9 - but no WOC has been listed for any October dates. Anyone know if WOC will be shown in October??? How far in advance should I expect schedule to be posted? Thanks.

I have been checking the Oct park hours - every day. Currently posted thru Oct 9 - but no WOC has been listed for any October dates. Anyone know if WOC will be shown in October??? How far in advance should I expect schedule to be posted? Thanks.
While we don't have a full entertainment schedule yet, we do know that WOC won't be shown on Halloween Party nights because DCA will close early on those nights for non-party guests. People with tickets to OBB will see a special Halloween themed WOC, "Villainous."

Thanks. - I'm hoping that WOC will be shown on Weds or Fri in October. We aren't planning on the OBB. Any guess when schedule will be finalized? Tks

First I want to thank everyone for this thread. DH and I attended the dessert party last Monday night (8/26), and what I learned from this thread was a great help. We had a wonderful time, seated at a low table with a man and his high school age daughter from Seattle. The cheese, crackers, breads and desserts were yummy. I didn’t care for the specialty drink (vodka, Sprite and other flavors) but had water and not-too-bad decaf so as fine. World of Color itself was amazing! I was so happy to hear the theme music from the 1960s TV show at the beginning and end. Anyway, thanks again for your help!

I know we’re not even at Halloween yet but had to ask... in the past was the dessert party offered for the Christmas version? We loved the dessert party in August and now I’m hooked! I can’t imagine doing it any other way now.

Just a follow up for anyone who needs a diabetic plate at the dessert party.
We’re booked for next week. I booked online and marked “other” for dietary needs. Received a call from Disney yesterday to confirm and clarify the dietary need. Told them my FIL is diabetic and she offered a fruit plate or a double cheese plate. He doesn’t do much fruit, so opted for the double cheese plate. She also mentioned she would put a note that if there are any sugar-free tens, they will offer those as well. We’ll see how it goes on Friday when we attend the party!

One more question, does Disney post the ADR's/schedule prior to 7:00 am every day, or is is possible that they could be added at anytime during the day? Going crazy waiting on the WOC dinning packages to be posted. Thanks.

I'm looking to book the WOC dessert party for our trip in Dec. I know if opens around 60 days or less. I was just on the website looking at the calendar and later in Sept it only shows dates of Mon, Wed, Fri, & Sat. Does anyone know if that is the way it is for Dec too? We are planning on being at CA on a Tues.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter