World of Color Superthread

I may have asked this previously in this thread and forgot to make myself a note, but (save for refurbs, etc.) does WOC run daily in February usually? I'd like to book the dessert party on a Wednesday on our next trip if it's playing.

any recent reports on how busy its been for WOC? we'll be doing the dining package this monday and wondering how early we should be lining up to get good spots since we have children too so we want them to be able to see without holding them ._.

I may have asked this previously in this thread and forgot to make myself a note, but (save for refurbs, etc.) does WOC run daily in February usually? I'd like to book the dessert party on a Wednesday on our next trip if it's playing.

Yes, WOC typically runs nightly year-round unless its down for refurb.

We're hoping to book the world of color dining package November 20th but I see it is not available for any dates in November. I guess it does not open up at exactly 60 days?

We're hoping to book the world of color dining package November 20th but I see it is not available for any dates in November. I guess it does not open up at exactly 60 days?
Nope, if you notice the posts right above ours, Oct dates JUST opened up. I am also waiting for Nov dates to open up :bored:

Maybe someone can help me out about this... so basically I have two regular days in the park (parkhopper) and a third day that's just for OBB. We snagged a WOC dining res for Carthay, because that's normally one of our fav restaurants to eat at. The catch being that one of us currently has a medical condition that makes standing somewhat hard (it's temporary, but definitely will be problematic during the time that we visit). So I've been rethinking our schedule to perhaps include WOC dessert plans. However that would be in addition to Carthay since we all really want to eat there and are less concerned about the dessert options being offered. So my question here is: Is the dessert package seating worth it if you're only in for it for the seats (not desserts)?

Side note, I'm looking into a folding seat cane for that person. We attended 2 years ago and were fine with standing, but this year is just a bit different with this medical need.

Maybe someone can help me out about this... so basically I have two regular days in the park (parkhopper) and a third day that's just for OBB. We snagged a WOC dining res for Carthay, because that's normally one of our fav restaurants to eat at. The catch being that one of us currently has a medical condition that makes standing somewhat hard (it's temporary, but definitely will be problematic during the time that we visit). So I've been rethinking our schedule to perhaps include WOC dessert plans. However that would be in addition to Carthay since we all really want to eat there and are less concerned about the dessert options being offered. So my question here is: Is the dessert package seating worth it if you're only in for it for the seats (not desserts)?

Side note, I'm looking into a folding seat cane for that person. We attended 2 years ago and were fine with standing, but this year is just a bit different with this medical need.

I did the dessert party my first year, and didn't really eat any of the desserts. For me, the view for the show and being able to watch it seated was well worth the price. They give everyone boxes for leftovers, so I just gave it to friends afterwards.

Another option for your group would be the WOC disabled section. There are benches for those not utilizing a wheelchair or ECV. Guests with the disabled are able to stand behind the benches.

any recent reports on how busy its been for WOC? we'll be doing the dining package this monday and wondering how early we should be lining up to get good spots since we have children too so we want them to be able to see without holding them ._.
We just did it last night. Show was at ten, we were supposed to check in at 9:15. We got there about 9 and were surprised to see a huge line ahead of us, and they were already starting to seat people. But, we were able to ask for the seats we wanted, and I noticed that it wasn’t completely full; there were a few open seats.
You shouldn’t have to hold the kids up, the view is pretty good from everywhere. All the spots in the section have a nice view, I think.

We just did it last night. Show was at ten, we were supposed to check in at 9:15. We got there about 9 and were surprised to see a huge line ahead of us, and they were already starting to seat people. But, we were able to ask for the seats we wanted, and I noticed that it wasn’t completely full; there were a few open seats.
You shouldn’t have to hold the kids up, the view is pretty good from everywhere. All the spots in the section have a nice view, I think.

THanks looking forward to the Monday show!!

I am feeling frustrated. I just booked our family of 12 for a mid-October WOC dessert party ($1008). However, now that it’s booked, I can’t help but think it’s way too late for the young children in our group, and perhaps we should cancel. I had hoped that by booking a Monday night, the time would be earlier (as the September mondays are), but no, the show is at 10.

Questions:
-Any chance of them adding an earlier show?
-Can you think of anything else special we could do instead, that would be earlier?

Because Disney waited so long to announce show times, we missed out on a BB dining package, the rooftop firework thing, Oogie Boogie Bash, and more. All of our eggs were in the WOC basket, but now it just feels like too much money for such a late event that many members of our family are likely to not enjoy because of the hour.

I am feeling frustrated. I just booked our family of 12 for a mid-October WOC dessert party ($1008). However, now that it’s booked, I can’t help but think it’s way too late for the young children in our group, and perhaps we should cancel. I had hoped that by booking a Monday night, the time would be earlier (as the September mondays are), but no, the show is at 10.

Questions:
-Any chance of them adding an earlier show?
-Can you think of anything else special we could do instead, that would be earlier?

Because Disney waited so long to announce show times, we missed out on a BB dining package, the rooftop firework thing, Oogie Boogie Bash, and more. All of our eggs were in the WOC basket, but now it just feels like too much money for such a late event that many members of our family are likely to not enjoy because of the hour.
We've done it before and the view, etc. was well worth the money. Just put some warm clothes in a locker if you do decide to keep the reservation because it gets very chilly at night there.

Last edited:
Is it possible the show is at 9? I booked it too and they have it listed at 8:15. I see a previous poster says they were supposed to check in at 9:15 for a 10:00 show. Maybe it will be moved up for October? We've done it before and the view, etc. was well worth the money. Just put some warm clothes in a locker because it gets very chilly at night there.
It’s October 14; check in is at 9:15 for a 10:00 show. 😕 We’re coming in from the east coast, so if anything it will even feel later.

We are also staying at the GCH and just a couple of days ago we were able to book the WOC desert package for the 30 Oct. The only time listed was 7:30. So I guess this means the show will be at 9pm? I don’t fancy sitting around eating desert for a 10pm show.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter