World of Color Superthread

No, that’s just due to the Halloween parties in CA during September and October. However, the 60- day thing doesn’t always apply for WOC. They don’t always determine the schedule that far in advance, so if they don’t show up right at the 60 day mark, don’t worry. Just keep checking back. It should be running nightly at that time of year.

That is good. I don't mind checking everyday from the 60 day mark. Just knowing that I will be able to get a Tues is what I needed. Thanks!!

Still no WOC in October and we are 29 days out from the date I want to book. Anyone heard anything? Any cast members know anything? Thanks.

I just noticed that Frozen is showing Sun - Thurs in Oct with a dining package at the Carthay. Could this mean that WOC won't be shown those days??? Still hopeful that WOC will be added on Fri/Sat.

I just noticed that Frozen is showing Sun - Thurs in Oct with a dining package at the Carthay. Could this mean that WOC won't be shown those days??? Still hopeful that WOC will be added on Fri/Sat.

I'm fairly confident that Frozen's schedule is entirely separate from WOC's. They're in different venues, at different times, so they don't influence each other. ;)

+1 for frustration with the WOC dessert parties not being loaded into the reservation system. It's making planning difficult!

I'm fairly confident that Frozen's schedule is entirely separate from WOC's. They're in different venues, at different times, so they don't influence each other. ;)

+1 for frustration with the WOC dessert parties not being loaded into the reservation system. It's making planning difficult!

I have been watching this WOC October discussion here and elsewhere. Just curious, does anyone know for sure that WOC is running in October other than on Halloween party nights? I have no knowledge of how the show is programmed, but I did see that the Halloween show is a party exclusive. Maybe there is no WOC on non-party nights.

I have been watching this WOC October discussion here and elsewhere. Just curious, does anyone know for sure that WOC is running in October other than on Halloween party nights? I have no knowledge of how the show is programmed, but I did see that the Halloween show is a party exclusive. Maybe there is no WOC on non-party nights.

Except there seems to be WOC showing in September, and Disney has parties in September too...

WOC could be dark, Disney is doing some weird things this year, that's for sure... but it seems really crazy if that would be the case. Disney didn't make WOC a party exclusive (like they were trying to drive sales) since it shows in September, and they wouldn't be able to take it down for maintenance since every couple days they have a party night in October... I can't understand any of what they're doing this year.... the increased prices which in their end of the quarter earnings call they mentioned probably accounted for lower attendance, but at the same time they said they were really happy with revenue generated by the parks. Sooooo, the ticket increase seemed to do what they wanted, lower wait times but no decline in revenue. Yet now they're cutting shows and WAY behind on schedules (which a lot assume is so they can still change hours at the last minute based on projected demand). Those things speak of a Disney that's trying hard to stop declining revune, which is NOT the Disney that presented the last earnings call.

I'm also watching to see if WOC will get added to Oct schedules. We will be in parks over 2 of the parties, but not attending parties this year.

Yes, but the Carthay is also one of the restaurant that hosts the WOC dining packages. I don't know if they can have open reservations, WOC packages & Frozen packages all on the same day, and the same times? There has to be some capacity limitations?

Yes, but the Carthay is also one of the restaurant that hosts the WOC dining packages. I don't know if they can have open reservations, WOC packages & Frozen packages all on the same day, and the same times? There has to be some capacity limitations?

Yes, they can have both WOC and Frozen dining packages at Carthay at the same time (as well as regular dining reservations)-this is the standard offering. As others have mentioned, the fall dining packages and entertainment calendars just seem to be very delayed in terms of release and booking availability.

Ya, Disney is SERIOUSLY dropping the ball. WOC only seems bookable 16 (!!!) days in advance! This is just crazy that they don't have things firmed up for WOC further out than about two weeks. I would think they're running the risk of supply issues with the dessert package! If they already have that nailed down... then release the damn reservations Disney!

Does anyone know if Dessert party reservations can be cancelled and money refunded? I'd like to make a reservation but I'm not 100% sure my family wants to go. Has anyone had experience with cancelling in advance? Thanks! (And yes, I share the frustration over the calendar and reservations. I'm a planner and it's so frustrating!)

WOC dessert parties are finally loaded for Oct but show no availability for a party of 4 for any date. Thoughts? I guess I'll keep checking, really want this for my family.

WOC dessert parties are finally loaded for Oct but show no availability for a party of 4 for any date. Thoughts? I guess I'll keep checking, really want this for my family.

This happened to me earlier this week in trying to get a Fantasmic package. I was told that they will push the dates on the website but not open it up till the next day or so. So there's a chance it's not fully loaded OR it really isn't available. If you can call the Dining number, give that a shot.

It looks like you can't make a reservation for a party of any size, so they're probably still working things out on the back end. But, at least there is a schedule to plan around for October (finally!).

This happened to me earlier this week in trying to get a Fantasmic package. I was told that they will push the dates on the website but not open it up till the next day or so. So there's a chance it's not fully loaded OR it really isn't available. If you can call the Dining number, give that a shot.
So I just got off the phone with dining (after a 25 minute hold) and asked to make a reservation for the Oct 16th dessert party. She gave the speech that "we aren't doing any specialty WOC dining in Oct" and I said "well its on the website, I just can't book it" and she said let me check and said nope. So, apparently it isn't loaded in their system either yet. I just thanked her and hung up. I'll just keep checking online. If you are able to book on the phone you might post here.

So I just got off the phone with dining (after a 25 minute hold) and asked to make a reservation for the Oct 16th dessert party. She gave the speech that "we aren't doing any specialty WOC dining in Oct" and I said "well its on the website, I just can't book it" and she said let me check and said nope. So, apparently it isn't loaded in their system either yet. I just thanked her and hung up. I'll just keep checking online. If you are able to book on the phone you might post here.

I actually just had some time to hop on the phone so I'm on hold myself. Thanks for the update... I guess we'll have to keep checking online. ☹

I actually just had some time to hop on the phone so I'm on hold myself. Thanks for the update... I guess we'll have to keep checking online. ☹
Let me know if you get another story. She was able to "check" my date and tell me no pretty quickly LOL

Let me know if you get another story. She was able to "check" my date and tell me no pretty quickly LOL

Just got off the phone with them and they aren't available yet. The online options were setup however the entertainment schedule isn't finalized on the backend for them to be bookable yet. Unfortunately, the dining CM's don't know when they will actually sync up and become available so the resolution is to check daily.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter