World of Color Superthread

Me? Yes. The Grand Californian.
Since you will be staying on site, if you are still interested in attending the OBB, you may still be able to get tickets. The on site hotels usually reserve a limited number of tickets for their guests to be sold on the morning of each party, first come first served. You can contact the hotel to ask about this. We've had posters report that they were able to get tickets to sold out Halloween Parties by staying on site and purchasing their tickets early on the morning of their party date. Ask about this in the Halloween Time Superthread: Halloween Time Superthread 2019: "Oogie Boogie Bash" Party to Be Held in DCA ONLY!.
What is "the rooftop fireworks thing"? Is that the TL Skyline Lounge? If so, you didn't miss out on anything. The fireworks view from the Skyline Lounge (which is not on a rooftop) is mediocre at best. There is no view of the castle, Main Street, or any of the projections. You can get an equally mediocre/okay view of the fireworks for free from the Galactic Grill. And a far better view for free from Main Street or the Hub or IASW.

Last edited:
What is "the rooftop fireworks thing"? Is that the TL Skyline Lounge? If so, you didn't miss out on anything.

Not the person who brought this up but thank you! I let go of a TL reservation in order to focus on getting Fantasmic for my group. They want to see both (and adore dining packages) but I couldn't figure out if the TL dessert was a loss or not.

Is it normal for WOC dessert party reservations not to show up in the app? I expected to see it under my plans with my dining reservations. I booked it 3 days ago.

So my question here is: Is the dessert package seating worth it if you're only in for it for the seats (not desserts)?

I think it is. I have nerve damage in my legs which makes standing in one place really agonizing and being able to watch the show pain free was worth so much to me. The dessert and drinks made it even better.

Is it normal for WOC dessert party reservations not to show up in the app? I expected to see it under my plans with my dining reservations. I booked it 3 days ago.
The WoC Dessert Party reservations showed up on my app under "plans" where the other dining reservations are. It will not let me do anything with the reservation on the app like a normal dining reservation (modify/cancel) but it shows up.

Last edited:
that's what I was expecting, should I be concerned that it hasn't? I did get a confirmation email

that's what I was expecting, should I be concerned that it hasn't? I did get a confirmation email
I just checked mine, and it is not in my “plans” on the app......
It is in my “plans” online, so not sure why it’s not showing up in the app. Don’t see a way to add it either....hmmmm

My reservations never showed up in the app either. I had a copy of my confirmation email in my pocket, just in case, but I didn't need it. Everything was fine.

When World of Color is on a weekday is it typically at 9pm? And if that’s the case, is the check in really at 730 for the dessert party? I was looking at the calendar to get an idea of how to plan and felt like that was such an early check in.

When World of Color is on a weekday is it typically at 9pm? And if that’s the case, is the check in really at 730 for the dessert party? I was looking at the calendar to get an idea of how to plan and felt like that was such an early check in.
I think check in is 8:15.

When we were there on Monday, Sept 9th, our check-in was 7:30 as the show started at 8:15.

The calendar is not out yet for the 30th Oct but since reading the comments here, I just noticed that the 28th WOC is shown as 8:15 so that would be ok for a 7:30 checkin. Thanks.

I apologize if this answer is already here, but I couldn't easily find it...

How easy/hard is it to hop back over to DL after the 8:15 WOC? It it a total zoo? DL is open until 11pm with Halloween Screams at 9:30 next week. We only have 2 days, so want to maximize our time as much as possible and are hoping to be able to head back over and do a few more rides before heading back to the hotel. Is that doable? Thanks so much!!

How easy/hard is it to hop back over to DL after the 8:15 WOC? It it a total zoo? DL is open until 11pm with Halloween Screams at 9:30 next week. We only have 2 days, so want to maximize our time as much as possible and are hoping to be able to head back over and do a few more rides before heading back to the hotel. Is that doable? Thanks so much!!
It's very crowded, slow walking, It will take you awhile to get there, but always worth spending a few more minutes in Disneyland. Depends if you have small children with you.

Leaving DCA is not too bad, everyone is going the same way (out!). It might be a little slow at first but then people go into shops/Starbucks and it thins out by Carthay Circle. Going into DL would be like salmon swimming upstream. people will either be waiting for the fireworks or trying to leave before the fireworks.

Once the fireworks start it is hard (impossible?) to get from Tomorrowland to Adventureland, plus some rides in Fantasyland close while the fireworks are going off. Pick a land and stick with it ;)

It's very crowded, slow walking, It will take you awhile to get there, but always worth spending a few more minutes in Disneyland. Depends if you have small children with you.

We are very lucky to be making this trip without our kiddos! Although at times, DH, is like a small child! :-) But I have also prepped him for what to be prepared for!

Once the fireworks start it is hard (impossible?) to get from Tomorrowland to Adventureland, plus some rides in Fantasyland close while the fireworks are going off. Pick a land and stick with it ;)

Since it's only Castle projections and not actual fireworks, I'm hoping the crowds might be slightly lower, but the advice to pick a land and stick with is is great. Thanks!!

We are very lucky to be making this trip without our kiddos! Although at times, DH, is like a small child! :-) But I have also prepped him for what to be prepared for!

Since it's only Castle projections and not actual fireworks, I'm hoping the crowds might be slightly lower, but the advice to pick a land and stick with is is great. Thanks!!

Hello! We are headed to Disneyland Nov 13-16. We were hoping to do a fantasmic dining package and world of color dessert party but I think it might not be possible. Fantasmic packages are available for our week but only on the 15th (no packages available Tues-Thur). World of color packages are not available yet but through October, the dessert party is available M, W, F, Sat - I'm guessing it is highly likely that the schedule for world of color dessert party will stay the same in November - right? Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter