World of Color Superthread

...World of color packages are not available yet but through October, the dessert party is available M, W, F, Sat - I'm guessing it is highly likely that the schedule for world of color dessert party will stay the same in November - right? Thank you!
This is no dessert party when there is a Halloween party. The dessert party will likely return to every night in November.

Hello! We are headed to Disneyland Nov 13-16. We were hoping to do a fantasmic dining package and world of color dessert party but I think it might not be possible. Fantasmic packages are available for our week but only on the 15th (no packages available Tues-Thur). World of color packages are not available yet but through October, the dessert party is available M, W, F, Sat - I'm guessing it is highly likely that the schedule for world of color dessert party will stay the same in November - right? Thank you!
Actually no... WOC is shown daily (if it isn’t down for a refurb) and the packages and dessert party are also daily. The reason it isn’t daily in October is the Halloween partys. They are held on DCA this year so you need a OBB party ticket to stay in the park for WOC...
but fantasmic will stay on weekends only till full Christmas season starts at some point in December...

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I tried looking but couldn't find the answers. If we're using MP, I see that we can now get a WOC FP on MP. Does it tell you if you're in Blue or Yellow on MP? Is there a best time to "pull" FP for WOC? Like as soon as we get into the park, or wait a bit? And finally, there will be 3 of us, but the day we'll likely try to see WOC, my husband will be joining us later in the afternoon. Is there a way to scan him into the park without him there, or get him a FP for WOC on MP? Or he needs to physically enter the park to activate his ticket for the day?

TIA

Or he needs to physically enter the park to activate his ticket for the day?

Yep, he does. Your best bets are to wait and pick the fastpass that's distributed later (can't help you there because I can't remember for sure if blue or yellow is first though I think it is blue in which case wait for yellow) and either a) get lucky and have yellow tickets still be available once your husband arrives and get one for him then or b) explain to a cast member that you weren't able to get a fastpass for your husband but have them for the rest of the group and hope they help you out. You might get lucky, but I wouldn't expect it.

I'm sorry if this has been covered before, I tried looking but couldn't find the answers. If we're using MP, I see that we can now get a WOC FP on MP. Does it tell you if you're in Blue or Yellow on MP? Is there a best time to "pull" FP for WOC? Like as soon as we get into the park, or wait a bit? And finally, there will be 3 of us, but the day we'll likely try to see WOC, my husband will be joining us later in the afternoon. Is there a way to scan him into the park without him there, or get him a FP for WOC on MP? Or he needs to physically enter the park to activate his ticket for the day?

TIA
As the pp said, your husband will have to enter one of the parks to activate his ticket before he or you will be able to use MP to get him a FP for WOC. Blue usually is distributed first, then yellow. One way to guarantee that you all will have FPs together in the same section is to make a Dining Package reservation at CCR, WCT, or for the Dessert Party. Then you wouldn't have to worry about timing for the FPs, especially if your husband has any delay entering the parks.

We are going to be at DCA on Tues Dec 10th and I'm looking to get tickets to the dessert party for WOC. Does anyone know what time WOC will show that night? Also what time do you get there for the dessert party? Thanks

We are going to be at DCA on Tues Dec 10th and I'm looking to get tickets to the dessert party for WOC. Does anyone know what time WOC will show that night? Also what time do you get there for the dessert party? Thanks
So if you ever want to make a guess at entertainment schedules, you can check Hydroguy's tips thread HERE . It will show you what has happened in previous years for the approximate date and time you are looking at. So last year, WOC was down for refurb the second week in December, it looks like, but in 2017, it had 2 showings on Tuesday night, the 12th, at 9 and 10:15. (I'm a little surprised it's twice on a weeknight, but I'm not that knowledgeable about holiday times-- I know it's a busy time) So if you had the dessert party reservations for the 9:00 show, the arrival time would be listed at 8:15. I will tell you that when we did it a couple weeks ago, we showed up an hour before instead of 45 minutes, and we were surprised to be near the back of the line already. It doesn't really matter much; the view is great from anywhere; it's just that you'll be waiting a little longer to be seated as they take care of everybody in front of you.

Another note about that historical schedule thread: it shows this year's schedule through December, but that's just based on the last year, it's not the actual schedule. So don't worry if it shows something down for refurb. That was last year. This year isn't set in stone yet.

Sadly, we just found out that my DH is diabetic. We have made a firm commitment to keep his carbs and sugars as low as possible to see if we can alter this Dx. Just wondering if anyone has attended the WOC dessert party and been able to find sugar-free offerings. Or, if I call, are those available at all? I have found references to 'gluten-free', but not sugar free. We're scheduled to be there in 2 weeks, so just trying to see if I can address this before we arrive. TIA!

I would call and talk to them. They deal with allergies all the time, I would think they could do a special plate for him, since it's diabetes (not just "on a diet").
Thank you! I'll do that. We just never saw this one coming, so we aren't quite prepared for it.

That might be challenging since so many things have carbs (even fresh fruit). You might want to get some pictures people have posted of the plates they serve and the items and ask your doctor for recommendations and what they think would be ok during a special occasion.... especially if you know you’ll be walking 15,000 steps or something that day. Combined you might not feel so drastically limited by it.

Definitely call. The only thing that wasn't a carb on the plate was the cheese. Cheese, bread, fruit, desserts.

Sadly, we just found out that my DH is diabetic. We have made a firm commitment to keep his carbs and sugars as low as possible to see if we can alter this Dx. Just wondering if anyone has attended the WOC dessert party and been able to find sugar-free offerings. Or, if I call, are those available at all? I have found references to 'gluten-free', but not sugar free. We're scheduled to be there in 2 weeks, so just trying to see if I can address this before we arrive. TIA!
The post below from earlier in this thread has some answers for you. Don't know if these options will work for you, but at least they are available and you can ask about any other choices if you call.

Just a follow up for anyone who needs a diabetic plate at the dessert party.
We’re booked for next week. I booked online and marked “other” for dietary needs. Received a call from Disney yesterday to confirm and clarify the dietary need. Told them my FIL is diabetic and she offered a fruit plate or a double cheese plate. He doesn’t do much fruit, so opted for the double cheese plate. She also mentioned she would put a note that if there are any sugar-free tens, they will offer those as well. We’ll see how it goes on Friday when we attend the party!

The post below from earlier in this thread has some answers for you. Don't know if these options will work for you, but at least they are available and you can ask about any other choices if you call.
That's very helpful. Thank you! I'm going to call later today, so...fingers crossed.

Does anyone have any insight into what's going on with Season of Light? World of Color drops off the schedule when the Holiday festivities start, and although they announced it in July it is suspiciously absent from the current promotional materials.

Does anyone have any insight into what's going on with Season of Light? World of Color drops off the schedule when the Holiday festivities start, and although they announced it in July it is suspiciously absent from the current promotional materials.
I called Disney Dining about the WOC Dessert Party yesterday afternoon. The cast member explained that the holiday entertainment schedule isn't finalized, so they can't offer parties yet. She also shared that she has every expectation that Seasons of Light will be offered nightly, just like during past holiday seasons, but also readily admitted that things often change without notice.

She wasn't able to offer any timing information and just advised to keep checking daily.

The last time I was at DLR, they were still working on Pixar Pier. I've never seen WoC, and it's on my list for this coming trip.

So my questions are:
Do they typically do the dinner/lunch show packages?
If so, is it worth it?
What time is the show typically? I see 10 PM on the calendar, but I can't find the hours for December.
I was going to make reservations for the Wine Country Trattoria, but need to know if I go with a late seating or if earlier is better.

Thanks for the help!

So my questions are:
Do they typically do the dinner/lunch show packages?
If so, is it worth it?
What time is the show typically? I see 10 PM on the calendar, but I can't find the hours for December.
I was going to make reservations for the Wine Country Trattoria, but need to know if I go with a late seating or if earlier is better.

Do they do World of Color Dining packages?

Yes. Here's a link to the reservation page:
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/dining/disney-california-adventure/world-of-color-dining/
Is it worth it?

I suspect I'm going to be in the minority on this (so make sure to get other opinions), but no. I generally don't think it's worth it. You're probably going to spend at least $300 on your family of four (dinner, drinks, tip), and you could spend a lot more than that without too much trouble. Of all the ways I could spend that money, that's usually not what I'm going to choose.

What time is the show typically?

They don't have the calendar out for December yet (only up to November 16, as of today). But the weeknights in early December (at least the first week) will probably just be one show. Maybe 8:15? (That's the time it's scheduled for mid-week in mid-November, at least.) On weekends, they'll have two shows. Maybe 9 and 10:15? (Again, based on weekend times in November.) They're both later because the park is open later.

Here's the calendar for November 16. (I realize it's probably the same calendar you've been looking at.) As more dates are filled in, you can change the date at the top.
https://disneyland.disney.go.com/calendars/day/2019-11-16/

If so, is it worth it?...
Many people ask this question. See answer below. Weigh the pros and cons of each option and choose which one will work best for your family.

"Worth it" is completely subjective and different for each person. The Dessert Party is definitely fun and a very nice splurge. But it is possible to see WOC with good viewing from each viewing section: free FP, regular dining package FP, and the Dessert Party. AND the risk and possibility of poor viewing exist in all those sections, too. We've done all the sections and had good-to-great viewing in all. You are looking at an inverse ratio of price:wait time -- more $$ = less wait time, more wait time = less money/free. Only you can know which option is the best fit for you.
Free FP: biggest pro is the price tag, but this option requires the most time investment for the best view (about 90 minutes) -- and the view can be very good.
Regular Dining Package: WCT area is up front/CCR area is further back -- advantage here is that you get a full meal for the price paid (which is a big deal for some people) -- and if you were planning on dining at these restaurants anyway, why not get a WOC FP thrown in? There is some wait time involved, but not nearly as much as with the free FPs, and the views can be very good, too.
Dessert Party: good-to-great views overall (but there is a risk of poor viewing -- we've had reports of this), but the price tag is high, and the desserts aren't to everyone's liking. Minimal amount of wait time compared to the other options. Be aware that if you are a small party or solo, you will probably be seated with another party. This is stated on the webpage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter