World of Color Superthread

After being on my feet for 10+ hours, it seems like a small fee to pay to sit down at a high top table and watch a fun show. They you get cheese and fruit and chocolates and hot chocolate (when cool out) is just perfect!

It’s something I always do when I visit (usually just a once a year visit, if I was local I probably wouldn’t do this every time, lol).
Well, that DOES make it sound pretty great!

Talk to me about the holiday version of the dessert party and the show? Typically different treats? How does the show compare? We will be there Jan 4-9-I assume there’ll be a holiday showing on the 4th at least, but then does it switch back over that week?

It's cool that this topic is happening now because I'm looking at booking for mid-November. The price is hard to swallow but I also know all the benefits. Just to push myself into booking, I watched the DIS stream of the World of Color - Season of Light. No judging of my Disney fandom please, but, I got teary eyed multiple times!

If you're on the fence, a video preview may help you make the decision.

We did this once and would totally do it again. It was great to SIT and relax while waiting for WOC after a long day at the parks. Our last trip, my DD and I found our place to stand about 5 minutes before the show started, and we were right above the dessert party seating. It was awesome! So in the future, we will either pay for the dessert party or get there right before it starts...no more sitting on the hard ground for an hour trying to be close for us.

Ok, you guys convinced me! I booked it for our last night 😊
You will love it. I am all for a budget trip- I am all over any discount/hack I can find that saves me $ at DLR - but WoC dessert party is my one splurge that I do not even think twice about the price. We are not doing any TS on our trip next month but I booked that dessert party first chance I got. The seats, desserts, not having to save a spot for an hour (or more), trying to see over a sea of people taller than I am :tilt: I can't wait for the Season of Lights show!

You will love it. I am all for a budget trip- I am all over any discount/hack I can find that saves me $ at DLR - but WoC dessert party is my one splurge that I do not even think twice about the price. We are not doing any TS on our trip next month but I booked that dessert party first chance I got. The seats, desserts, not having to save a spot for an hour (or more), trying to see over a sea of people taller than I am :tilt: I can't wait for the Season of Lights show!
This is strange, I know, but I've never seen the show. Well, I saw a tiny part of it once from a balcony at gch, but I'm very short and figured I'd probably end up not being able to see much. Plus I don't want to risk getting wet, if that's a possibility, and don't care that much about waiting for parades etc so I've just never bothered. But after looking up blogger reports and listening to you guys, I decided THIS is actually right up my alley 😄.

Our reservation time said 8:15, so what time should we arrive if we want a tall table?

I’ve never done the dessert party. Are all seats good? Wondering if showing up early makes a difference. I guess what I’m saying is I don’t want to show up early to guarantee a good table

I’ve never done the dessert party. Are all seats good? Wondering if showing up early makes a difference. I guess what I’m saying is I don’t want to show up early to guarantee a good table
If you have a specific request, then it can be worth it to show up early. For example, when we took my parents as a surprise, I had DH take them on Little Mermaid, while I lined up very early to speak with CMs about getting a special table and holding it without my parents knowing. Then DH took my parents shopping, while I stayed in line. After everything was ready, I texted him to come back, CMs led us to our table and the surprise was a big success. So all the waiting was worth it. On the other hand, we've had parties of one or two show up at literally the last minute (maybe 5 minutes before showtime?) and sit at our table in the front row -- great seating/viewing with absolutely no wait at all! There are only two rows of tables, so if you are average height or taller, there really is no bad seat in the area.

If you have a specific request, then it can be worth it to show up early. For example, when we took my parents as a surprise, I had DH take them on Little Mermaid, while I lined up very early to speak with CMs about getting a special table and holding it without my parents knowing. Then DH took my parents shopping, while I stayed in line. After everything was ready, I texted him to come back, CMs led us to our table and the surprise was a big success. So all the waiting was worth it. On the other hand, we've had parties of one or two show up at literally the last minute (maybe 5 minutes before showtime?) and sit at our table in the front row -- great seating/viewing with absolutely no wait at all! There are only two rows of tables, so if you are average height or taller, there really is no bad seat in the area.

Thanks so much! I read some tables are taller, I’m guessing those are in second row?

Thanks so much! I read some tables are taller, I’m guessing those are in second row?
The tall tables run all along the second row, but the front row had 2 tall tables on the far right and the far left of the seating area. They just expanded the space for the dessert party though, so I'm not sure how many tall tables will be in the front now. FWIW, I loved sitting at the tall tables in the front row.

Be aware that if anyone in your group has balance issues or back problems, you might want a low table. Some people have reported having problems with the tall directors chairs at the high tables and having an easier time at the lower tables. Just something to keep in mind.

This is strange, I know, but I've never seen the show. Well, I saw a tiny part of it once from a balcony at gch, but I'm very short and figured I'd probably end up not being able to see much. Plus I don't want to risk getting wet, if that's a possibility, and don't care that much about waiting for parades etc so I've just never bothered. But after looking up blogger reports and listening to you guys, I decided THIS is actually right up my alley 😄.

Our reservation time said 8:15, so what time should we arrive if we want a tall table?

You won’t get wet at the dessert party. If your reservation says 8:15, that means the show is at 9, and they want you to line up and check in at 8:15. When we did it last month, though, the line was already quite long by then. Still, all the seats have great views, so it didn’t matter. It just took a bit for us to be seated.

I’ve read parties are seated with different groups. Would a party of 3 have to share a table with anyone else?
The DLR website states that tables should be prepared to share. We've been seated with solo guests, so it is possible that a party of three would have a solo guest added to the table. Maybe not, but be prepared that it could happen. If the show sells out that night, all seats will be filled. It's not a big deal, really -- every solo guest we've shared a table with has been friendly.

Do they have different sizes of tables at the dessert party? How would they normally seat a party of 5 with 3 adults and 2 younger kids? Would we all fit at one table? Are there larger tables for big parties that we may share? Surely they would not split us into two tables?!

I really enjoy the whole dessert party set up. Way better to have a table and a chair and a good view. If you plan to make dessert party your dinner for the evening (and you can as there is plenty of food), my tip is to bring a small loaf of bread from Boudin Bakery (in Pacific Wharf area) with you. The dessert party crackers aren't that great. It helps to have decent bread to go with all the cheese they serve.

Do they have different sizes of tables at the dessert party? How would they normally seat a party of 5 with 3 adults and 2 younger kids? Would we all fit at one table? Are there larger tables for big parties that we may share? Surely they would not split us into two tables?!
We were a party of 5 (4 adults and a teen so basically 5 adults) and we all fit at a high top table. If it had been dinner it would have been crowded, but for desserts it was fine - it also helped that it was family so if our elbows or knees touched it was not awkward ;)

We were a party of 6, and they just pushed two round high tops together for us- it worked great.
Also, re: sharing, our first time, DH and I shared a table with a mom and adult daughter. But you’re all facing the same direction, forward at the show, so you’re not looking at each other, it’s not awkward. And you don’t have to become BFF’s- we said a friendly “Hi” to each other and then mostly kept to ourselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter