World of Color Superthread

Can someone tell me what desserts are typically included in this package? Does it vary?
The posts below include photos of the dessert plates: one regular and one holiday. The photos give you a good idea of what kind of desserts are included and how generous the servings are.

My family just did the WOC Dessert Party last week. We loved it! Great seating (you can be at a high top or low top table...CM will ask you as you check in). Wide selection of beverages. And the dessert platter blew me away. There was so much that we ended up getting a to-go box (CM supplied that) to take back to the hotel. Several cheeses...the brie was great! Crackers and toasts. Amazing. Great location. It's pricey, but for a treat, we'd do it again. For medical reasons, one of our party needed a low-sugar plate. No problem. I just called and they arranged a beautiful plate for him.
That’s a great idea to ask for a to-go box right away... :thanks:

Edit: you don’t have to ask for a go-to box... if it rains the desserts will be served in a plastic box.
View attachment 456476

The posts below include photos of the dessert plates: one regular and one holiday. The photos give you a good idea of what kind of desserts are included and how generous the servings are.
Thanks so much! Just wasn't sure if the items switched out often...

I'm sure I've read the answer to my question in this very thread, but now I can't remember- Where do you report to for the dessert party and how far in advance should we show up to get in line?

I'm sure I've read the answer to my question in this very thread, but now I can't remember- Where do you report to for the dessert party and how far in advance should we show up to get in line?
The consensus from this thread is to arrive about 20-30 mins before the party start time if you have specific needs or very strong preferences for where you’re sitting.

We plan to arrive shortly before the time indicated on the reservation, since the view from all tables seems acceptable.

There are signs around the viewing area which tell you where to report for the different areas. Look for the sign that says "Dessert Party." It should be somewhere across from the LM ride.

here is what the sign looks like

This might be a silly question but does online MAXPASS work with World of Color or just paperfast passes?

Phew! I'm feeling overloaded with the amount of info in this thread. Thanks everyone!

I'm getting the impression WOC dining packages don't really guarantee a great view like F! dining packages. Is that a fair statement?

Phew! I'm feeling overloaded with the amount of info in this thread. Thanks everyone!

I'm getting the impression WOC dining packages don't really guarantee a great view like F! dining packages. Is that a fair statement?
Yep. I guess you can say that.
The dessert party gives a pretty good view though... and seats...
but the regular WOC dining packages don’t guarantee a good view...

Dessert party question--
I have a party of 2, are we likely to sit with another party or are there tables for 2? Also are tables assigned at check in? I am going mid-March.

There is NO guaranteed great viewing for WOC with any package. All viewing for WOC is based on the inverse ratio of Time Invested : Money Spent. In other words, the more money you are willing to spend on a package, the less time you will have to spend waiting to get a good viewing spot. So, spend $$$ on the Dessert Party and get a guaranteed seat with a good to great view. (Disclaimer: any seat can be blocked by a shoulder kid or rude guest in the section or walkway in front of you -- that is not on Disney!) Spend zero money on a free WOC FP and invest at least 90 minutes in wait time to get a great viewing spot in the free viewing area. The CCR and WCT dining packages fall in the middle -- spend $$ and wait less than 90 minutes but more than you would for the Dessert Party (and no chair). We've had very good to great viewing in all sections: free FP, CCR and WCT Dining Package sections, and Dessert Party. It all depends on how much money you are willing to spend and how much time you are willing to invest in claiming and holding your spots.

Dessert party question--
I have a party of 2, are we likely to sit with another party or are there tables for 2? Also are tables assigned at check in? I am going mid-March.
As of 2/08/20 (from a WOC lead): There are no tables for 2 only unless you buy out the entire table for just your party. If the Dessert Party isn't sold out on your night, there might be empty seats at your table -- no guarantees. The WOC webpage states clearly that you will be asked to share your table with other guests unless you are a party of 4 or more. Tables for large groups or groups with special needs appear to be assigned ahead of time. e.g. tables for 12 set aside ahead. Other tables may be assigned ahead (just in general), but can be changed when you check in.

Thank you, I had read that we will share a table, I was just wondering if that actually happens. It will be worth it for my mother to have a seat during the show!

Thank you, I had read that we will share a table, I was just wondering if that actually happens. It will be worth it for my mother to have a seat during the show!
Every time we have done the Dessert Party, we've shared our table with a couple or a single guest. So far, everyone has been friendly. You will all be there for WOC, so at least you'll already have that in common!

Every time we have done the Dessert Party, we've shared our table with a couple or a single guest. So far, everyone has been friendly. You will all be there for WOC, so at least you'll already have that in common!
I agree! I am an over planner. I ask way too many questions. I love WOC. This will be my mother’s first and probably only trip to DL, so I am trying to fit in all the now WDW things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter