*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

Heads up for anyone flying JetBlue (@kylenne , pretty sure you?) but I got an email this morning that told me my flight to MCO had changed. I'll say! They moved it earlier by three hours! Not ideal. I was able to move it to a slightly later flight but it's annoying because the time we had was perfect for us (we flew the same exact flight down last year). Both of the "good" time options had moved to much earlier times. Not really sure why, though I'm glad I was able to get it fixed easily and quickly. I'm sure if it effected any of you, you'd probably have heard by now, but I wanted to put it out there anyway. Keep an eye on your flights (our return flight moved by about 15 minutes apparently).

Heads up for anyone flying JetBlue (@kylenne , pretty sure you?) but I got an email this morning that told me my flight to MCO had changed. I'll say! They moved it earlier by three hours! Not ideal. I was able to move it to a slightly later flight but it's annoying because the time we had was perfect for us (we flew the same exact flight down last year). Both of the "good" time options had moved to much earlier times. Not really sure why, though I'm glad I was able to get it fixed easily and quickly. I'm sure if it effected any of you, you'd probably have heard by now, but I wanted to put it out there anyway. Keep an eye on your flights (our return flight moved by about 15 minutes apparently).

I’ve gotten a few emails about flight number changes but that’s it. One of the reasons I’ve come to prefer booking the crazy early flights is that actual flight times are much less likely to be changed when you’re on the first or second flight out for the day.

Still appreciate it and it’s a timely reminder that changes are not uncommon when booking flights very far out. Though ime it’s much less likely with JetBlue than the legacy airlines.

I’ve gotten a few emails about flight number changes but that’s it. One of the reasons I’ve come to prefer booking the crazy early flights is that actual flight times are much less likely to be changed when you’re on the first or second flight out for the day.

Still appreciate it and it’s a timely reminder that changes are not uncommon when booking flights very far out. Though ime it’s much less likely with JetBlue than the legacy airlines.

Looks like we’re the third flight out now, so I’ll take it. On the bright side, more park time on arrival day!

Any one else change their plans 198654228281 times already???
I go thru so many different scenarios... need good food and as little lines as possible for my husband, characters and rides for my son, and I just love every and anything Disney world. I could just sit at the park and be happy!!
Hollywood studios is making me crazy. Between the tiers, and boarding groups, and whatever else, I cant plan anything for that day, so I think I am over planning on my other days.

So on another note.. what are some of your fave restaurants??? And/or, how are you planning your HS day??

I go thru so many different scenarios... need good food and as little lines as possible for my husband, characters and rides for my son, and I just love every and anything Disney world. I could just sit at the park and be happy!!
Hollywood studios is making me crazy. Between the tiers, and boarding groups, and whatever else, I cant plan anything for that day, so I think I am over planning on my other days.

So on another note.. what are some of your fave restaurants??? And/or, how are you planning your HS day??

I haven’t found anything satisfactory for HS yet either! It’s the one thing I continually turn over and over in my head. I have some ideas but I still don’t know if the FP situation is changing anytime soon

It’s way too soon to freak out about DHS touring. DHS is in flux right now, but it’s still a long way until May. Boarding groups for ROTR may not even still be in effect by the time we go on our trips. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway hasn’t opened yet either. By the time we all get to our 60 day marks the FP+ Tiers may (and likely will) look totally different. It’ll be okay. Take a deep breath and relax.

No trip is going to be perfect. Things happen. Our last one as a couple I planned for over a year, then I got sick halfway through the actual trip and we threw out a bunch of those plans. We still had the time of our lives.

Keep a loose plan for DHS. We’re going on May the 4th and intentionally chose our dates due to it being the first Star Wars Day in GE. So far we have Oga’s, Savi’s, and Droid Depot as our only things planned in stone that day. Lunch will likely be GE quick service. Not sure about dinner, we’ll probably wing it or get the Twilight Feast at the Poly that night. But we also have the luxury of a longer trip (10 days) so we will probably have more than one DHS day. I baked a lot of resort downtime and “free space” days into the trip. Everyone is different obviously, but I’ve found consistently some of the best times I’ve had at the World were spontaneous moments that weren’t in The Plan. So I try to let it breathe enough to make them possible.

Wife and I watched a tour of Riviera last night, and, well, we've decided to switch things up for the honeymoon. Going from a full week at Beach Club Villas to first three days of our trip at AKL Kidani Village, followed by the final three days at Riviera. Our excitement just went up a few notches!

I haven’t found anything satisfactory for HS yet either! It’s the one thing I continually turn over and over in my head. I have some ideas but I still don’t know if the FP situation is changing anytime soon
Exactly!!!!!! We switched our hotel to Caribbean Beach, so at least the skyliner will be easy to get back and forth!!!!

It’s way too soon to freak out about DHS touring. DHS is in flux right now, but it’s still a long way until May. Boarding groups for ROTR may not even still be in effect by the time we go on our trips. Mickey and Minnie’s Runaway Railway hasn’t opened yet either. By the time we all get to our 60 day marks the FP+ Tiers may (and likely will) look totally different. It’ll be okay. Take a deep breath and relax.

No trip is going to be perfect. Things happen. Our last one as a couple I planned for over a year, then I got sick halfway through the actual trip and we threw out a bunch of those plans. We still had the time of our lives.

Keep a loose plan for DHS. We’re going on May the 4th and intentionally chose our dates due to it being the first Star Wars Day in GE. So far we have Oga’s, Savi’s, and Droid Depot as our only things planned in stone that day. Lunch will likely be GE quick service. Not sure about dinner, we’ll probably wing it or get the Twilight Feast at the Poly that night. But we also have the luxury of a longer trip (10 days) so we will probably have more than one DHS day. I baked a lot of resort downtime and “free space” days into the trip. Everyone is different obviously, but I’ve found consistently some of the best times I’ve had at the World were spontaneous moments that weren’t in The Plan. So I try to let it breathe enough to make them possible.

That is exactly what we have scheduled so far too! And i scheduled those earlier in the morning, so in case they are still doing boarding passes, we will be there early enough to get one!!!!

May the 4th be with you :)

Wife and I watched a tour of Riviera last night, and, well, we've decided to switch things up for the honeymoon. Going from a full week at Beach Club Villas to first three days of our trip at AKL Kidani Village, followed by the final three days at Riviera. Our excitement just went up a few notches!

NICE!!!!!!!!!! It looks beautiful!!!!!

This is good advice, and is obviously the correct answer as of now. That doesn't mean I won't continue to obsess over it though! This is just what I do. Once we get near our FP date, something real and firm will have to be decided so we've got a couple of months to see what happens.

Okay gang - we've had another crisis come up that demands our trip finances. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck, right?

Our trip is officially postponed until 2021. I'm okay with this.

The first post still has some great links for your use and someone feel free to copy, take over, anything you want!

Have great trips all!

Okay gang - we've had another crisis come up that demands our trip finances. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck, right?

The first post still has some great links for your use and someone feel free to copy, take over, anything you want!

Have great trips all!
I’m so sorry to hear this!

Noooooo!!!! I was on Disney’s website under the refurbishment page and was inputting our days and BTMRR is going to be down May 4th-21st (or 22nd, can’t remember) it’s not showing up when you pull up the ride page yet. So I will secretly wish that it will change (even if there’s no chance). I am so bummed! That is our favorite ride. :worried:

Noooooo!!!! I was on Disney’s website under the refurbishment page and was inputting our days and BTMRR is going to be down May 4th-21st (or 22nd, can’t remember) it’s not showing up when you pull up the ride page yet. So I will secretly wish that it will change (even if there’s no chance). I am so bummed! That is our favorite ride. :worried:

Yeah, this was mentioned elsewhere on this site (not sure if it's in this thread). 5/4-5/21 is correct apparently. We have 5/4 and 5/5 as MK days ... but we're also going for a bit on 5/2, our arrival day. So I have to make sure to ride a few times while we still can.

Have great trips all!

Oh man, Farro, I'm so sorry to hear this ... again. I was really hoping things were back on track for you guys but maybe this one just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully you can regroup and be back in 2021.

Oh man, Farro, I'm so sorry to hear this ... again. I was really hoping things were back on track for you guys but maybe this one just wasn't meant to be. Hopefully you can regroup and be back in 2021.

Thanks! Waiting until 2021 is just the responsible thing for us to do right now. We could still go this May, but it would be a very tight budget and just not the way we like to travel. So we'll do a smaller trip and then hit Disney in 2021, ready to spend! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter