*** Yay May! OFFICIAL MAY 2020 THREAD!!! Flowers are starting to bloom! ***

This is good advice, and is obviously the correct answer as of now. That doesn't mean I won't continue to obsess over it though! This is just what I do. Once we get near our FP date, something real and firm will have to be decided so we've got a couple of months to see what happens.

A lot can change in 2-3 months, so just keep remembering that if you start to freak out lol. Nobody expected Villains After Hours to come back for a huge chunk of dates, people who wanted the regular DAH instead lost their minds, then lo and behold they announced concurrent regular DAH. Boarding group stuff has changed a couple of times since ROTR launch and totally upended the “good” strategy.

I mean I’m anxious too. A lot of our DHS touring is going to be contingent on 1) if the Galaxy Edge attractions will be on FP+ or not by then 2) whether or not After Hours comes back in some capacity there 3) how MMRR will impact wait times and guest flow. Mainly I’m just trying to be zen about it and hope that things will be relatively settled come FP+ Day in March.

Thanks! Waiting until 2021 is just the responsible thing for us to do right now. We could still go this May, but it would be a very tight budget and just not the way we like to travel. So we'll do a smaller trip and then hit Disney in 2021, ready to spend! :)

I’m really sorry to hear it fell through, but at the same time I respect that. My first trip back as an adult in 2016 was scraping by because we were broke and it just wasn’t any fun. I hope things look up for 2021!

A lot can change in 2-3 months, so just keep remembering that if you start to freak out lol. Nobody expected Villains After Hours to come back for a huge chunk of dates, people who wanted the regular DAH instead lost their minds, then lo and behold they announced concurrent regular DAH. Boarding group stuff has changed a couple of times since ROTR launch and totally upended the “good” strategy.

I mean I’m anxious too. A lot of our DHS touring is going to be contingent on 1) if the Galaxy Edge attractions will be on FP+ or not by then 2) whether or not After Hours comes back in some capacity there 3) how MMRR will impact wait times and guest flow. Mainly I’m just trying to be zen about it and hope that things will be relatively settled come FP+ Day in March.
We only have 1 day as our DHS day on 60+3.. so I'm almost hoping they dont have FP+ for GE because I know I wont be able to get them!! But yes... anxious is def the correct word to use!!!

Thanks! Waiting until 2021 is just the responsible thing for us to do right now. We could still go this May, but it would be a very tight budget and just not the way we like to travel. So we'll do a smaller trip and then hit Disney in 2021, ready to spend! :)
I'm sorry it didnt work out this year.. but now you will be able to go during the 50th!!!! I'm sure it will be AMAZING!!!

Okay gang - we've had another crisis come up that demands our trip finances. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck, right?

Our trip is officially postponed until 2021. I'm okay with this.

The first post still has some great links for your use and someone feel free to copy, take over, anything you want!

Have great trips all!
Sorry to hear you have to delay. Hope 2021 shapes up to be a better time for you to go and a great trip.

Any one else change their plans 198654228281 times already???
I go thru so many different scenarios... need good food and as little lines as possible for my husband, characters and rides for my son, and I just love every and anything Disney world. I could just sit at the park and be happy!!
Hollywood studios is making me crazy. Between the tiers, and boarding groups, and whatever else, I cant plan anything for that day, so I think I am over planning on my other days.

So on another note.. what are some of your fave restaurants??? And/or, how are you planning your HS day??

I’ve been playing with dining a lot, and keeping up with developments. I’m determined to not even think about HS yet until it’s closer to FP day.

Okay gang - we've had another crisis come up that demands our trip finances. Sometimes you just have a run of bad luck, right?

Our trip is officially postponed until 2021. I'm okay with this.

The first post still has some great links for your use and someone feel free to copy, take over, anything you want!

Have great trips all!

I’m sorry things got derailed again. I’ve enjoyed your company, and hope you continue to chat with us!

Anyone super excited to try a table service???
I've heard amazing things about sebastions... so booked there, storybook at artist point, and the new character breakfast at Topolinos in Riviera!!!
Also booked wave, 1900 park fare breakfast, and our always favorite Ohana!!

I booked our return flight when SW opened up the dates - yesterday I checked and our flights went down $20 each :) For our flight to MCO I had been trying to have our arrival match my mom and stepdad since we will have a rental (Dolphin so no DME, and we will do a Publix stop) but it was impossible. So our choices were -

• SW flight arrive after 8PM - $129 ea
  • Frontier flight arrive at 2PM - $142 includes suitcase, stretch seat
  • SW flight arrive at 2:30PM - $187 :scared:
Yesterday I figured it out! We will fly in the day before and do the 8:50PM arrival. With the $20 credit it comes out to $109. I work for a Choice hotel and can get a really cheap room near the airport for the night, then take their free shuttle back to the airport close to the time of my mom's arrival and get the rental (or might get it the day we arrive). Cheaper than our preferred flights on our original date, can pick up my mom and stepdad and we will be a little more adjusted to the time difference.

Flights - booked
Hotel (MCO) - have to wait until 30 days before arrival to book
Hotel (Disney) - booked
Tickets - bought
Car - booked but prices go up and down so will rebook at least twice before trip
ADRs - work in progress ;)
FPs - trying to figure it out by March

I've heard amazing things about sebastions... so booked there, storybook at artist point, and the new character breakfast at Topolinos in Riviera!!!
Sebastian's is on my list! There are 7 of us going and I have requests from everyone (except my DH :p). So far we have BoG, Homecomin', ScFi, Via Napoli, Coral Reef, and Beaches & Cream. I also booked Oga's on one of our DHS days. Will probably cancel or change B&C since our arrival time change - booked as a late dinner. I don't really care for CR or BoG but those were requested. Oga's we did at DLR but we have some big SW fans that have not been so I guess I will have to get the souvenir mug I did not get last time ;)

Going to DLR the last few years really spoiled me (we do maybe one ADR when we go) and I am trying to not book too much - also going with older folks who might not make it to dinner in the parks every night.

For AK I am thinking Y&Y but do not need to book it since I have the Landry's Select card. I have been looking at what is available last minute on the app and I'm taking a chance that we will be able to do Skipper Canteen, Spice Rd, and Sebastian's without an ADR too far in advance. We are staying at the Dolphin so also have options of booking last minute at Epcot and DHS.

I booked our return flight when SW opened up the dates - yesterday I checked and our flights went down $20 each :) For our flight to MCO I had been trying to have our arrival match my mom and stepdad since we will have a rental (Dolphin so no DME, and we will do a Publix stop) but it was impossible. So our choices were -

• SW flight arrive after 8PM - $129 ea
  • Frontier flight arrive at 2PM - $142 includes suitcase, stretch seat
  • SW flight arrive at 2:30PM - $187 :scared:
Yesterday I figured it out! We will fly in the day before and do the 8:50PM arrival. With the $20 credit it comes out to $109. I work for a Choice hotel and can get a really cheap room near the airport for the night, then take their free shuttle back to the airport close to the time of my mom's arrival and get the rental (or might get it the day we arrive). Cheaper than our preferred flights on our original date, can pick up my mom and stepdad and we will be a little more adjusted to the time difference.

Flights - booked
Hotel (MCO) - have to wait until 30 days before arrival to book
Hotel (Disney) - booked
Tickets - bought
Car - booked but prices go up and down so will rebook at least twice before trip
ADRs - work in progress ;)
FPs - trying to figure it out by March

Sebastian's is on my list! There are 7 of us going and I have requests from everyone (except my DH :p). So far we have BoG, Homecomin', ScFi, Via Napoli, Coral Reef, and Beaches & Cream. I also booked Oga's on one of our DHS days. Will probably cancel or change B&C since our arrival time change - booked as a late dinner. I don't really care for CR or BoG but those were requested. Oga's we did at DLR but we have some big SW fans that have not been so I guess I will have to get the souvenir mug I did not get last time ;)

Going to DLR the last few years really spoiled me (we do maybe one ADR when we go) and I am trying to not book too much - also going with older folks who might not make it to dinner in the parks every night.

For AK I am thinking Y&Y but do not need to book it since I have the Landry's Select card. I have been looking at what is available last minute on the app and I'm taking a chance that we will be able to do Skipper Canteen, Spice Rd, and Sebastian's without an ADR too far in advance. We are staying at the Dolphin so also have options of booking last minute at Epcot and DHS.
yummmmmmm!!! i want to go to Homecomin sooo badly.. but it never seems to fit in our schedule!!!
we also have Oga's booked.. forgot about that one!! it is my sons 4th birthday, so we are doing dinner at sebastions, followed by dessert at trex and some springs shopping!!! might see if i can squeeze in sebastions on a DHS night and do homecomin on his bday instead :)

Spirit of Aloha, Garden Grill and the Bon Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria al Forno will be new experiences for us. Everything else is old favorites. I know a lot of people are down on CRT but we really enjoyed our meal there last time and it's just so magical eating in the castle, we were sure it would be a one and done for us but we booked it again for this trip the night we do VAH.

We've never actually been to 'Ohana because we get the Twilight Feast instead. It's cheaper, we can eat it in our PJs, and it's one less ADR to stress over.

I have us overbooked on dining right now, but for sure going back to Ohana breakfast. Hubs has never done it. I do have a couple new ones that I’d like to try, but I just can’t make up my mind.

Just saw this on the news thread here - HarmonioUS will debut in (the purposefully vague) spring 2020. That means it could be potentially be open in May. I thought for sure it wasn't until at least the summer, so this is interesting:

https://blogmickey.com/2019/12/harmonious-nighttime-spectacular-to-debut-spring-2020-at-epcot

I’m excited for the new show, but I also really want to see Epcot Forever. Maybe I’ll get lucky?

We are doing a few table service:
Sanaa before our AK AH night
Skippers Canteen before our MK VAH night
Chefs de France for lunch
Tutto Italia for lunch
mignt try Spice Road table but those reservations are easy to get while there so not pre-booked

the rest we like to wing it and eat at lounges where no reservations are required because some of our favorite relaxing times are eating at a lounge, enjoying a drink so we are definitely eating at:
Hollywood Brown Derby lounge
California Grill lounge
Tiki terrace at the Poly
Nomad Lounge
Tutto Gusto wine cellar

Thinking about it is making me hungry.........

Just saw this on the news thread here - HarmonioUS will debut in (the purposefully vague) spring 2020. That means it could be potentially be open in May. I thought for sure it wasn't until at least the summer, so this is interesting:

https://blogmickey.com/2019/12/harmonious-nighttime-spectacular-to-debut-spring-2020-at-epcot

I'm excited but at the same time a little bummed out because I really wanted my gf to see Epcot Forever before it ended. For something intended to be temporary it was a really great show that hit me in all my 80s kid Epcot feels. I'm just glad I got the opportunity to see it a couple of times in November--I loved it so much the first time I saw it that I made sure to come back on my last night and see it again.

yummmmmmm!!! i want to go to Homecomin sooo badly.. but it never seems to fit in our schedule!!!
we also have Oga's booked.. forgot about that one!! it is my sons 4th birthday, so we are doing dinner at sebastions, followed by dessert at trex and some springs shopping!!! might see if i can squeeze in sebastions on a DHS night and do homecomin on his bday instead :)
Makes sense to do Homecomin' on his birthday if you are already planning on TRex and then shopping at DS. We are doing the brunch on Mother's Day but I really want to go for lunch or dinner as well! I really hope they have their dessert during brunch - I'd go just for the cakes!
For Sebastian's I am planning on a DHS day, we want to take the Skyliner :)

Hi! I'm officially booked for May 23-30, provided I'm cleared for the time off of work. I have our flights (SW) and reserved a room at Pop. The resort may change, but my 5 yo loved the 2 days we spent at Pop this past summer. I always want to try different resorts :rolleyes1 but Pop has a good price and was a good experience for us.:confused3

I said no Disney in 2020; we've gone at least 1x per year since 2016. However, I'm having bad Disney withdrawal and with my son starting kindergarten in the fall, I'd like to get a trip in before we're tied to a school calendar.

It'll just be the 2 of us since DH is not a super Disney fan and would rather save his leave for another trip with us.

Shop Disney had free shipping yesterday (as they tend to do every holiday) and I got DD the Epcot Purple Wall ears for $7.50! DD loves ears, she gets a new pair every trip - she's got quite a collection :cutie: They are so expensive in the parks, so glad I saved some money, and they look really cute. I also got her the witch ears - we usually go to DLR in Oct - those are still available for $7.98.

There are also several shirts for less than $10. I was worried the ears would sell out so I made that purchase w/o looking around too much. Then of course I got distracted and did not go back ;)

Last edited:
Hi all! I will be in WDW May 3-9 with my fiancé and sisters. We are staying at the cabins again and I couldn’t be more excited! We got our flights from SW- the earliest there and latest back so we can have the most time possible! We are flying from PVD. This will be my sisters first time going, me and my fiancé go a few times a year. But this is my first time posting here!
I’ve got all of our dining booked, the only new place we haven’t eaten that I have booked is Whispering Canyon on our last day because it’s a quick boat ride from FW.
I’m trying not to stress about SWGE because it’s still a ways a way and everything might change but our HS day is throwing me off because of it!

Just rearranged the vast majority of our schedule for 4/30-5/7. DH and I realized saving the best for last (SWGE and his birthday saber) wasn’t the greatest idea as there is always a chance any given day could be rained out. So now we’re at MK 5/1, HS 5/2, spending the day with friends who moved to FL 5/3, working from our hotel room 5/4 (this is unavoidable for us), 5/5 EP, and 5/6 AK.

I’m not sure which I’m more excited for, seeing HS and experiencing Toy Story land and SWGE for the first time or seeing our friends. Both sets of our couple friends moved to Florida in the last 3 years. Both sets are also very anti-Disney. I’m going to try to change that one monorail lounge at a time....

I'll be there from 5/30-6/7 at All Star Movies! It's my first solo trip to WDW (did one to DL and LOVED it) so I'm very excited. I have all my ADRs booked but I'm almost wanting to just wing some days and see where it takes me, since I only have myself to worry about. Either way I'm sure I'll have a great time!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter